tModLoader WeaponOut

Any way to JUST install the "weapon out" mod?
I am not particularly interested in anything else for several reasons. I only want the "weapon out" part of the mod.

Could there be a way to get only that?

You could just not use the rest of the weapons.

You could just not use the rest of the weapons.

I use Jopojelly's Item checklist. Since it's compatible with every mod, the mod items appear as items missing in my collection. Hence why I don't want them to be there at all.

This is a problem I tend to have with several modders. A config file could fix all these issues.

I use Jopojelly's Item checklist. Since it's compatible with every mod, the mod items appear as items missing in my collection. Hence why I don't want them to be there at all.

This is a problem I tend to have with several modders. A config file could fix all these issues.

I see. But if you are just collecting items why does it bother you if you are not going to use a lot of items already you are just collecting them. I asked Jopo to make it filter per mod so you can check the competition of items per mod sadly he never commented on that.

I see. But if you are just collecting items why does it bother you if you are not going to use a lot of items already you are just collecting them. I asked Jopo to make it filter per mod so you can check the competition of items per mod sadly he never commented on that.

I would rather not deal with modded items if I am not going to use them.

Plus, a mod should let you choose what you want to install. That's what configuration files exist for: You change a number or two in them and you easily can remove unwanted content. I am a supporter of config files.

I would rather not deal with modded items if I am not going to use them.

Plus, a mod should let you choose what you want to install. That's what configuration files exist for: You change a number or two in them and you easily can remove unwanted content. I am a supporter of config files.

Could you make a guide on how to use them? Sounds interesting.

No need to. Here's a guide already covering that! Sadly, it doesn't covers multiplayer-related config.json files and it can be found here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...-to-config-files-and-optional-features.48581/

I know of a guy who does that tho. Someone I consider the best modder in the community: @hamstar

I saw it but I didn't see how inexperienced users can enable disable stuff from that besides maybe deleting lines of code (maybe I understood wrong) specially not the existence of particular items. It doesn't look like a turn on/off thing like some parts of the default terraria config.json file.

If you wanna reply me lets talk in a conversation on the forum or something to not fill the thread with our chat.

So... No way to only get the "weapon out" part of this mod, and remove anything else?

Decompile the mod with tModReader if it'll still allow you to (else it won't at all), delete all the item files, possibly make a few changes, recompile.

@Iara Here's a slightly updated version (409KB) with a config file (I read that tutorial, pretty interesting stuff). Not a proper release because testing and such but it should be basically working. Just go to the Terraria\ModLoader\WeaponOut.json and disable all content except "show_weaponOut_visuals" and that should suit your needs.

I think early on I wondered whether the extra stuff should be separated entirely but this was mostly a 'just for fun' mod more than anything else so it didn't really mean anything at the time. So now I gotta refactor everything :p

This is a great mod! However, I was playing through the mod, and I crafted the Capacitor. After doing so, I tested it out on some enemies, and died shortly afterwards. When I respawned, the Capacitor wouldn't work for me. I'm not sure if it's a bug with this mod or if it's an incompatibility issue with another mod... Either way, exiting and re-entering the world fixed it, and I haven't experienced any issues since.

@Iara Here's a slightly updated version (409KB) with a config file (I read that tutorial, pretty interesting stuff). Not a proper release because testing and such but it should be basically working. Just go to the Terraria\ModLoader\WeaponOut.json and disable all content except "show_weaponOut_visuals" and that should suit your needs.

I think early on I wondered whether the extra stuff should be separated entirely but this was mostly a 'just for fun' mod more than anything else so it didn't really mean anything at the time. So now I gotta refactor everything :p

Nice!! Now I can download it and have some fun! Thank you.
I will give you details in case it doesn't works as intended.

Currently removed because buggy, will probably come back as an iron/lead knuckledusters because you can't actually craft your bare hands.

immediate criticisms: there should be a separate hide button for weapons (along the hide button for info accessories) and discordant charm should be either an accessory or be equipable to the grapple slot

You can already do this by hiding the top/first accessory slot -- this also hides whatever weapon you're using.

And I vastly prefer this method as opposed to making yet another button that clogs-up the already busy UI.
i know this, but i don't want to have to hide my weapon to hide my first acessory, or vice versa

Tries to support any item as long as it "looks" like a weapon from a coding standpoint based on its swinging animation, texture size and weapon type. Inadvertently makes it also show items like blocks, furniture and ducks.

Tries to support any item as long as it "looks" like a weapon from a coding standpoint based on its swinging animation, texture size and weapon type. Inadvertently makes it also show items like blocks, furniture, and ducks.
thing is, it shouldn't be that hard to check for a damage type, then run all the other checks

Back
Top Bottom