tModLoader WeaponOut

i know this, but i don't want to have to hide my weapon to hide my first acessory, or vice versa
There are two easy solutions to that. If you need the accessory's stats, simply put it in another slot. Depending on the items your character has equipped, it's extremely unlikely you're even able to display every single accessory your character uses anyway -- seeing as only one ring or pair of boots etc etc can display at a time.

Second solution -- If you don't need the stats and you're only concerned with first the accessory's appearance, then just use the first cosmetic slot for the item. Now the first accessory will still display regardless of whether it's hidden or not.

And if neither of those two solutions work for you, then honestly, this mod probably just isn't for you.

thing is, it shouldn't be that hard to check for a damage type, then run all the other checks
Indeed that's what is does. That's what I meant when I said weapon type, since eg. you still need to somehow differentiate between a book, a staff, a non-staff "staff" (don't ask), and certain guns which all fall under magic damage.

How do make this work with modded items that I made?
It should work with any modded items as long as its a weapon.
pZAdbR9.png

(More Guns)

There are two easy solutions to that. If you need the accessory's stats, simply put it in another slot. Depending on the items your character has equipped, it's extremely unlikely you're even able to display every single accessory your character uses anyway -- seeing as only one ring or pair of boots etc etc can display at a time.

Second solution -- If you don't need the stats and you're only concerned with first the accessory's appearance, then just use the first cosmetic slot for the item. Now the first accessory will still display regardless of whether it's hidden or not.

And if neither of those two solutions work for you, then honestly, this mod probably just isn't for you.
thing is, i hate the way most accessories look on the player character and want to hide all of them, but i can't hide all of them without hiding the weapon, which i don't want to hide

zQCf4VW.png

v1.1.1, for tModLoader v0.9.0.3

What Is it?
A relatively minor mod that shows weapons being held, because why not.
Various weapons can be held out, as well as some non-weapons.
Visibility can be toggled by showing/hiding the first accessory slot.

Also a couple of other random features and things, such as punching with your bare hands.

quickseed40 made a video showcasing it!

. . .

But wait, there's more!

Jl1nUZb.png

This mod also includes a bunch of random little things I've been working on. Some for utility, others just for fun. It's a neverending work in progress.
. . .
fXHc2kW.png

[
Silk.png
] Camping Tent: Acts as a temporary spawn point until you set up a bed.
. . .
[
Fallen_Star.png
]
W4r82wo.png
Mana Blast: Fires a star that returns mana if you hit something.
. . .
[
Meteorite_Bar.png
]
VctfpGF.png
Fists of Fury: Combo-oriented fist weapon that carries you with the enemy. Also fires short blasts.
. . .
[
Meteorite_Bar.png
] Immaterial Blade: A phaseblade with no knockback, but great armour penetration.
. . .
[
Ice_Blade.png
] Capacitor: Mana cost reducing sword that can fire frost beams.
. . .
[
W4r82wo.png
] Mana Sword: Fires mana-returning stars, or a huge beam.
. . .
[
Space_Gun.png
] Demon Blaster: Fires delayed beams at high speed.
. . .
[
Inferno_Fork.png
]
S74dPgC.png
Staff of Explosion: Makes big explosions. If you think that's big, think bigger. But not that big.
. . .
[
Muramasa.png
] Hayauchi: Sword that can create a large slash after standing still.
. . .
[
Stardust_Fragment.png
]
wgqhbF9.png
All-Porpoise Assault Rifle: Vortex Beater-esque gun with a look & feel totally not inspired by a Pulse Rifle from a certain Blizzard game...
. . .
[
Clockwork_Assault_Rifle.png
]
PremiS0.png
Steam Persuader: Souped up clockwork assault rifle, with added shotgun power.
. . .
[
Musket_Ball.png
]
ZpOVAnd.png
Splinter Shot: A special bullet type that splits into 3 weaker shots after a short distance.
. . .

WHIPS
[
Leather.png
]
7FkjcF2.png
Leather Whip: Simple corruption whip made from leather.
[
Vertebrae.png
]
E8yLVQz.png
Whiplash: Simple crimson whip made from vertebrae.
[
Vilethorn.png
]
eUFhL8V.png
Vilelash: Longer, faster whip made from demonite and a vilethorn.

More Whips!
aBq44CD.png
fyhPpHc.png
WDaOAbP.png

[
Jungle_Spores.png
] [
Bone.png
] [
Hellstone_Bar.png
]

[
Wizard.png
]
jThLdVC.png

. . .

FUNNY ITEMS (that aren't weapons)
[
Soul_of_Light.gif
]
1LS2p96.png
Discordant Charm: Head piece that allows use of the Rod of Discord.
Replaces your grappling hook for as long as you are NOT in chaos state.
. . .
[
Pocket_Mirror.png
]
oFvgReL.png
Mirror Badge
: Reflects non-melee projectiles at the cost of mana.
. . .
[
Wood.png
]
mT2Ixuc.png
Wooden Shield: Very early shield, provides knockback immunity only to attacks that deal low damage.
. . .
[
Sturdy_Fossil.png
]
r3kI5oi.png
Ceratopsian Shield: Fossil shield that increases frontal defence.
. . .
Ej5nGxQ.png
Cg7cVud.png
kxC04Gm.png
DelE5be.png
4KhEpAO.png

[
Warrior_Emblem.png
Ranger_Emblem.png
Sorcerer_Emblem.png
Summoner_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
]
Lunar Emblems
Powerful end-game emblems crafted from Moonlord weapons. Make almost* any weapon as viable as Moonlord's gear!

. . .
[
Sniper_Rifle.png
]
0DCSwJ8.png

Woods' Antimat Rifle
Amped up sniper rifle that can supercharge all bullets.
Every item is listed with a [main component], or [NPC]. For items, ask the Guide for more details, and for NPCs, it'll be in their shop once certain conditions are met, eg. downing a boss.

Got some suggestions? When I'm actually around I live in the #help channel on the tModLoader Discord server. Or just PM me.

. . .

DISCLAIMER: This is still a work in progress so there will be bugs and other possible issues. Feedback is greatly appreciated (eg. unbalanced, strange behaviour, actually broken, it works in multiplayer, mod is configured wrong)

DOWNLOAD
via MediaFire
or
via Mod Browser

Flashkirby99 - I am making this mod.
kiedev666 - Playtesting and ideas.
Eli10293 - Updated Sprites for: Mana Blast, Mana Sword, Molten Chains

WeaponOut.png

Visit the Github Repository here!
Awesome mod, but I don't seem to be able to obtain fists... Do you spawn with them on a new character?

You used to be able you use them when no item was in the selected item slot but that ended up being too buggy to bother fixing properly, so it's been changed to knuckledusters for the next release which I am working on for a bit before going back to expeditions.

Speaking of which, @joshbaugh98 the next version has a config file and one of the options is to always force show the weapon regardless of accessory slots, so that's cool.

Also did I mention that the stuff I mod is just for the fun of it?

You used to be able you use them when no item was in the selected item slot but that ended up being too buggy to bother fixing properly, so it's been changed to knuckledusters for the next release which I am working on for a bit before going back to expeditions.

Speaking of which, @joshbaugh98 the next version has a config file and one of the options is to always force show the weapon regardless of accessory slots, so that's cool.

Also did I mention that the stuff I mod is just for the fun of it?
Ooh! Combine that Sword with a Breaker Blade (and maybe a Broken Hero Sword) for an upgrade of obvious jokes? :p

Download v1.2 (410KB, tModLoader 0.9.1) [git release]
Heard you like content, bugfixes and stuff. Would you be surprised if I said I'm still tired and ill. But at least there's AGDQ for distraction.

Changelog:
Added a config file to mix and match what you want to be loaded in this mod. (Make sure clients and servers have the same options enabled)
Wh0REmy.png
Fists finally obtainable as Knuckledusters with Iron/Lead at a workbench.
RzjBfQG.png
Added Onsoku, a dashing sword(kek) made from Souls of Light.
SX4Fv9C.png
Added Raiden, a combination of the Onsoku and Hayauchi. Pretend you're a wuju master.
YJVZBAY.png
Added Double Loader, a shroomite gun that can fire bullets and darts.
nqlJZQ8.png
Added Channeler's Staff, a team mana restoring weapon crafted with Sunplate Blocks.
y0zExsJ.png
Added Reverb, a funky bi-directional magic weapon made from Souls of Sight.
wUOPyY5.png
Added Psywave. It fires projectiles that move a set distance AND follow the player. It's weird, try it!
Mew8Nvb.png
2uUNrtF.png
BnZ8E7q.png
bgSzxA1.png
Added Rally Banners, a team buffing item that provides major stat bonuses as long as it's held. Comes in all your favourite colours*. Silk and Wood at a loom.

Fix several bugs relating to alt function weapons.
Fix drawing weapon issues for boomerangs in multiplayer.
Fix serverside projectiles disapperaing.

*Only comes in select colours. Not guaranteed to come in your favourite colour.

And if I may ask a question, are you intending on making it compatible with the item customizer mod? Would be neat if it could also display the color of the items.

I second this, it's kinda weird having a weapon look normal on your back, then have it suddenly switch colours due to dyes when you actually swing it. :p

Awesome mod btw, definitely a must-have.

I second this, it's kinda weird having a weapon look normal on your back, then have it suddenly switch colours due to dyes when you actually swing it. :p

Awesome mod btw, definitely a must-have.
Yeah I've had this on a "to look at" for a while, just never actually got around to it.I'll give it a go later, but my priorities have shifted to my expeditions mod for the time being because that needs actually doing.
Ooh! Combine that Sword with a Breaker Blade (and maybe a Broken Hero Sword) for an upgrade of obvious jokes? :p
I'm afraid you lost me... best guess is omnislash?
That can't be right... I was playing multiplayer with weaponout and it was fine

Also... Hype for new content! :)
Hype! But not as hype as saturday's TAS BLOCK! But yes that bug actually turned out to be a problem because of a piece of code in global projectiles that caused server spawned projectiles to disappear (woops, my bad). I fix.

I'm afraid you lost me... best guess is omnislash?

Yeah, that's where I was going with that, shameful I know X3

Hrm, need to spend some time to get the new stuff now, maybe it'll help me kick through this progression slump against Slime God and some of the other bosses I still need to finish off...

What's this i hear about dual wielding? anyone take their attention from this mod and explain what dual wielding from this mod is??? I saw it on mod browser

Hrm, need to spend some time to get the new stuff now, maybe it'll help me kick through this progression slump against Slime God and some of the other bosses I still need to finish off...
can we call this item "ultima blade" like ultima weapon, but lawyer friendly

I dunno man, at the moment this mod doesn't really add easymode items barring whips. From the looks of it you'll probably need to be rocking ranged weapons against most bosses anyway.

What's this i hear about dual wielding? anyone take their attention from this mod and explain what dual wielding from this mod is??? I saw it on mod browser
It's not dual-wielding (I should probably rename it to something like more alt-use weapons). Basically some weapons in this mod do special actions with right click that go beyond spawning a projectile, like turning from a melee weapon to a magic weapon (Capacitor) or firing different ammo types (Double Loader).

Are you planning on changing the knuckledusters any? It's range is abysmal, even for a fist type weapon. I am unable to hit other targets before they can hit me. I'm also not receiving the armor scaling. I'm not a coder, so I don't know if it would be easier to make it scale with total armor versus just chest armor.

I am not trying to be patronizing or rude, I am only expressing my concerns. The mod truly is interesting. I also had to chuckle a bit at the wuju style joke.

Are you planning on changing the knuckledusters any? It's range is abysmal, even for a fist type weapon. I am unable to hit other targets before they can hit me. I'm also not receiving the armor scaling. I'm not a coder, so I don't know if it would be easier to make it scale with total armor versus just chest armor.

I am not trying to be patronizing or rude, I am only expressing my concerns. The mod truly is interesting. I also had to chuckle a bit at the wuju style joke.
Totally agree. Who wouldn't want to punch the $#!7 out of the moon lord?

Back
Top Bottom