tModLoader WeaponOut

So this mod has been out for a while but is there no way to make it so every weapon on your tool bar appears on your body? regardless if you have them equipped or not

So this mod has been out for a while but is there no way to make it so every weapon on your tool bar appears on your body? regardless if you have them equipped or not
That would be a disaster. A hilarious disaster, but a disaster nonetheless. Due to Terraria's 2d and simplistic nature, there are limited spots where you can render an item to have it show equipped. You would just have a ton of overlapping sprites at your hip and back and in your hands. While it would be amusing to see someone who's literally just a ball of items, I can't picture it working well as an actual, serious feature here.

It'd be kinda cool if you could have the weapon you were currently using in your hands while having the one you used last strapped to your back though
Not going into ridiculous amounts like every weapon you have, just like the most current two

Hey, so I adore the Staff of Explosion, not only for the reference, but its design, and the idea behind it. That said, however, I think it's actually kind of underpowered currently. As it stands, with a full mage set, FAR more Mana than the base game allows, all the magic buffs I can think of, etc., a full-charged hit (about 12 seconds of standing perfectly still) will deal 55000ish damage single-target. Now, yes, that's a lot, but it can't really 1shot any bosses in mid-late game, which you'd think it would be able to given how hard it is to use. If you're moving at all, or grappled, etc. that charge time, as far as I can tell, increases at least fivefold. Additionally, at half-charge or so, it only deals around 10k damage. That's about 6 seconds of standing in place. Add on that it's literally impossible to fully charge it without using a full bar of mana (I have again, far more % reduced mana use, and over double vanilla's mana cap, and it still takes nearly 3 bars of mana completely to full-charge a single shot) so you waste multiple potions AND fire it off with Mana Sickness since even holding the full-charge takes massive amounts of mana... It's just not a good weapon for when it's obtainable (Post-Plantera Dungeon earliest).

Some possible ways it could be improved:
1. Make charging it a bit faster, perhaps. Say 10 seconds for max charge?
2. Stop the "primary" target circle from moving upward for around half the charge time for some reason. (I assume this is a bug)
3. Make charge time while moving/grappled/etc. less horribly slow. Maybe 1/2 the rate instead of... Whatever nonsense it is now.
Yeah, not all that accurate to the source material, but this is a fast-paced game.
4. Make holding full charge not consume additional mana. You already put the energy in, why is just keeping it there taking even more?
5. Perhaps change it to always use 99% of your mana bar at full charge (to not activate Mana Sickness), and scale its damage off of how much mana was used.
Then maybe give like, a minute debuff of -50% mana regen rate and -50% max mana as compensation, to truly get that "wow that was too much energy to put in one attack" feeling.
Say you have 200 mana (basegame max with no mage gear or buffs) it does 50k~ish. 300? 100k~ish. 400? 200k! 500? 400k!! If you have mods that allow you to get such insanely high amounts of mana, you're probably needing higher damage outputs anyway by the time you have it. The whole idea of the staff is for it to be a pain to charge but be a 1shot-kill to basically anything, anyway.

I've noticed a bug where when using one of the fist weapons that it makes my character continue to move, making it very difficult to actually use the weapon correctly since it is after all a close quarters weapon and thus movement being a big factor. I feel its something to do with melee speed factors as it was previously fine until i boosted melee speed rather high. Other than this one bug, i think the mod is great.

I made an account just to thank you for your excelent mod Flash. I love it, one of the best mods out there rn.
I can suggest to make post-moon lord fists, and if you like the idea, make fists for other big mods like Thorium, Calamity, Spirit (mainly). There are lots of ideas, if only i knew a little of sprites or the software modders use...I could try and do it myself to help with adding more content to this amazing mod.
In the meantime, waiting for your comeback and wishing you a great year.

Last edited:
I can't seem to find any guides on this, I don't know if its an error or there's an update but why don't I have that toggle feature? Sadly, my weapons aren't showing :(

I have a small question for the author about custom mods and other mods being compatible with this like can you reposition other modded weapons or broken looking weapons stay broken?

Hey. I have a question. I love this mod, but why you remove the wooden sabers? In the official wikia doesn't appear.

And, you can put more weapons like the saber? I really like the mechanic to attack at the right moment :3

Hey. I have a question. I love this mod, but why you remove the wooden sabers? In the official wikia doesn't appear.

And, you can put more weapons like the saber? I really like the mechanic to attack at the right moment :3
The wiki is very likely not up-to-date. I can confirm that as of just a few days ago, the Sabers ARE in the mod, and probably aren't going anywhere.

Also I agree, more Sabers would be great! I'd love to see Sabers and Whips get some unique accessories too, and a full supply of start-to-endgame items like the Fist Weapons got.
I understand that's a lot to ask but... Well... It'd be amazing to be able to do an entire Saber-Only playthrough. More diversity in full-playthrough options is always nice!

How fist weapons work? Seemly all they do is dash, and I damage myself more than I damage the enemy.
Some mods mess with how fists work. Especially if you're using Terraria Overhaul or Directional Melee.
Normally you dash into an enemy and damage them instead, but some mods break this.

After using some of the sabers this mod provides, I find myself wishing every sword had that swing animation. Could I ask you to provide the code needed to create that animation?

The wiki is very likely not up-to-date. I can confirm that as of just a few days ago, the Sabers ARE in the mod, and probably aren't going anywhere.

Also I agree, more Sabers would be great! I'd love to see Sabers and Whips get some unique accessories too, and a full supply of start-to-endgame items like the Fist Weapons got.
I understand that's a lot to ask but... Well... It'd be amazing to be able to do an entire Saber-Only playthrough. More diversity in full-playthrough options is always nice!

Oh, thank you for your response! I love the mod. Very good job! Keep it up!

what do you mean with weaponout feature, where your weapon is out? cause you dont have any weapons equipped and if you're talking about not having any items for weaponout you should use weaponout not weaponoutlite.

That's still WeaponOutLite. WeaponOutLite has no items. As for the stuff not showing while holding it, I'm not sure. Might be a bug or something.
i tried in weapon out w items, not sure why i didn't show it, still didn't work. This has happened since i downloaded it

Back
Top Bottom