Weapons & Equip Wearing armor breastplates from the opposite gender

Well, you might as well if you're giving female characters the ability to wear the sprites for male chestplates.

Also, exactly what problem does giving male players typically female body features create? It would be an incredibly small cosmetic change, and the person playing the game does not have to use this feature if they don't want to.

Men too don't wear bra, maybe just only few fat men.
I does think it could be easy to code but I think it will really mess up Gyspy Robe, Kimono and Gi in my thoughs.
This is why I brought idea for about under-armor or sort of, it hide showed skin and able to recolour it dresser.

Men too don't wear bra, maybe just only few fat men.
I does think it could be easy to code but I think it will really mess up Gyspy Robe, Kimono and Gi in my thoughs.
This is why I brought idea for about under-armor or sort of, it hide showed skin and able to recolour it dresser.
Well, just because men in the real world don't typically wear a bra doesn't mean that a male player shouldn't be able to in the game.

Plus, it would only affect the Gypsy robe. The Kimono and Gi use practically the same sprite for the two genders (They might actually, they don't look different), but the Gypsy Robe does have a noticeable bra-like chest area. Still, it's pretty small and it's one of many outfits available to players.

Well, you might as well if you're giving female characters the ability to wear the sprites for male chestplates.

Also, exactly what problem does giving male players typically female body features create? It would be an incredibly small cosmetic change, and the person playing the game does not have to use this feature if they don't want to.

Being able to give males breast on demand sounds like a very strange design choice, even if it's not. Can you think of a proper justification?

Well, just because men in the real world don't typically wear a bra doesn't mean that a male player shouldn't be able to in the game.

Plus, it would only affect the Gypsy robe. The Kimono and Gi use practically the same sprite for the two genders (They might actually, they don't look different), but the Gypsy Robe does have a noticeable bra-like chest area. Still, it's pretty small and it's one of many outfits available to players.
pquQGkQ.png
kngS4SD.png

Gypsy Robe seems to be one of the few cases where the leggings actually change between male and female as well, but ultimately, it really doesn't look that bad.

Men can wear bras if they want to. They can also pad them as well. Anything can be handwaved and justified.

Being able to give males breast on demand sounds like a very strange design choice, even if it's not. Can you think of a proper justification?
Is there really any justification outside of, "Because why not?" Yes, it is a strange thing to add to the game, and it may make some people mad (But if they're that easily offended, then they just need to suck it up and get on with their life because such a small feature will not hurt them in the slightest), but there's no good reason not to add it if we are doing the opposite for female characters.

Is there really any justification outside of, "Because why not?" Yes, it is a strange thing to add to the game, and it may make some people mad (But if they're that easily offended, then they just need to suck it up and get on with their life because such a small feature will not hurt them in the slightest), but there's no good reason not to add it if we are doing the opposite for female characters.

Putting "Because why not?" against "Because enabling male characters to grow breast and wear revealing clothing without any apparent cause, let alone justification, can only be traced back to sexual implications.", I think my argument is stronger.

I think having an option that enables to use female sprites on male chars and vice versa can be very interesting for some cases. Yeah, in some cases this option doesn't make any sense but think about where it makes sense! For example, you fougth Plantera with Hallowed Armor on a stream and then said your watchers "I want to relax my chest a bit" then switch to the female sprite. Of course it opened your chest gradually. Then think a Hornet or Moss Hornet hit you, then you can say your watchers "Hey look at this! A giant bee sting me from my chest!" It would be a funny moment for your stream, of course, it's a spesific example but we can imagine more than it! So, this is an idea that I like so much, then now I'm dreaming about which situations it can also be cool.
@Agastya feel free to use my support! :)

Putting "Because why not?" against "Because enabling male characters to grow breast and wear revealing clothing without any apparent cause, let alone justification, can only be traced back to sexual implications.", I think my argument is stronger.
Your argument falls apart the moment you replace the word "male" in that sentence with "female."

"Because enabling female characters [to] wear revealing clothing without any apparent cause, let alone justification, can only be traced back to sexual implications."

I really would prefer this chain of discussion ends here, though, and we simply agree to disagree.

Your argument falls apart the moment you replace the word "male" in that sentence with "female."

"Because enabling female characters [to] wear revealing clothing without any apparent cause, let alone justification, can only be traced back to sexual implications."

You just cut out the entire core of my argument. The fact that men don't have breasts was the entire point I was trying to make, the skimpy attire was not.

Last edited:
You just cut out the entire core of my argument. The fact that men don't have breasts was the entire point I was trying to make, the skimpy attire was not.
I think the main point of this argument is to show that there are not sexual implications for having men be able to use female chestplate sprites. The reason is to allow male characters to do the same thing that the female characters can, since there is no good reason not to let male characters use female chestplate sprites. It may be used for sexual implications, but just adding it for the sake of customization is not inherently sexual.

I think the main point of this argument is to show that there are not sexual implications for having men be able to use female chestplate sprites. The reason is to allow male characters to do the same thing that the female characters can, since there is no good reason not to let male characters use female chestplate sprites. It may be used for sexual implications, but just adding it for the sake of customization is not inherently sexual.

That's where the problem is: it might not be inherently sexual, but it sure as hell looks like it. If you let male players use female sprites, there are two conclusions you can reach: either it's because certain players wanted to use male sprites for female characters instead of the female sprites and thus the male characters had to be able to be use the female sprites as well, otherwise it would be sexist (which is what we're doing), or it's because the developers want male characters to be able to cross dress and grow breasts.

Anyone that takes Occam's Razor to this (and I hardly blame them, especially if they lack context) will think the latter, and if it's not justified (which it isn't, because it's not the actual reason for doing it), can and will cause a stir. Many lesser situations have.

That's where the problem is: it might not be inherently sexual, but it sure as hell looks like it. If you let male players use female sprites, there are two conclusions you can reach: either it's because certain players wanted to use male sprites for female characters instead of the female sprites and thus the male characters had to be able to be use the female sprites as well, otherwise it would be sexist (which is what we're doing), or it's because the developers want male characters to be able to cross dress and grow breasts.

Anyone that takes Occam's Razor to this (and I hardly blame them, especially if they lack context) will think the latter, and if it's not justified (which it isn't, because it's not the actual reason for doing it), can and will cause a stir. Many lesser situations have.
I doubt vigorously that if this were added, Terraria would suffer in any major way from it. Yes, a tiny bit of controversy may arise, but other than that, I imagine that the people complaining will be people on message boards who just want to stir up trouble.

This is my idea for enabling this feature:
Tight Clothes
Sold by the Clothier on the night of a new moon
Vanity Accessory
"It feels weird..."
All gender-specific sprites are replaced with the opposite.
Simple, quick, and easy. Also, the tightness works for both ways.

This is my idea for enabling this feature:
Tight Clothes
Sold by the Clothier on the night of a new moon
Vanity Accessory
"It feels weird..."
All gender-specific sprites are replaced with the opposite.
Simple, quick, and easy. Also, the tightness works for both ways.
It won't work if you want to use opposite sprites at the same time, for example male helmet and chestplate with female leggins. Your accesory replacing ALL texture and this is about changing ONLY ONE texture. We need something better than anything on this thread, i think...

Back
Top Bottom