Game Mechanics Weather System

TechnoSwitch

Terrarian
I suggest with the new water and wind mechanics severe storms should randomly happen during rain events causing rain flooding in the middle of these storms. and hurricanes/tsunamis in the outer thirds. This would be very rare though but would be awesome to have in the game

Even though intense weather mechanics are neat, I have an issue with the way they push my character around. Ever since the blizzards and sandstorms were implemented, I've found it frustrating to try to build anything in the desert or tundra. I read in the upcoming patch notes that there might be a "Windy Day" event coming soon in the forest biome, and I hope that doesn't make it a less comfortable biome to build in. My suggestion is to make the wind pushback effect for any biome optional with a checkbox in the settings menu. And likewise, if there were floods or tornadoes, I think it would be nice if their effect on the existing terrain were also optional or at least temporary.

Last edited:
Even though intense weather mechanics are neat, I have an issue with the way they push my character around. Ever since the blizzards and sandstorms were implemented, I've found it frustrating to try to build anything in the desert or tundra. I read in the upcoming patch notes that there might be a "Windy Day" event coming soon in the forest biome, and I hope that doesn't make it a less comfortable biome to build in. My suggestion is to make the wind pushback effect for any biome optional with a checkbox in the settings menu. And likewise, if there were floods or tornadoes, I think it would be nice if their effect on the existing terrain were also optional or at least temporary.
It would make sense if your armor reduced the effects of wind (by making you more resistant to it) or the shields that eliminate knockback also block the wind effects.

Back
Top Bottom