Member-Run Contest Weekly Spriting Contest!

ValsAerospace

Empress of Light
9937e720c53418725f47075ea632d74f.png

Welcome to the Weekly Spriting Contest!

Where each week, spriters from around the globe compete, to see who is the best.
However, this is also a place for constructive feedback, criticism, and critiquing your sprites.

Rules:

If you are going to criticize, be constructive. Don't just say, "Your sprites are bad". Say, "Your sprites could use some improvement in shading, I recommend not pillow shading...".

Be patient with results. I have a busy schedule, so sometimes I might be a little late (0.5 - 1 day off) on the winners.

Voting will take place on the 8th day of the contests. (So the first 7 days are open to sprites, then the next day voting begins.) Winners will be announced on the 10th day.

This is more than one contest! These take place every week, so if you don't win one week, try again!

No using existing sprites! Make them for the contest.

Fancy backgrounds for your sprites make them look better and are allowed!

Up to three entries per person.

Any other rules for TCF apply here, obviously.

Schedule:

Fourth Contest:

Submission Time = 8/1/17 to 8/7/17

Voting Time: When I feel like it

Announcement Time: when I feel like it

Current Contest Theme:

Something from another game, sprited in Terraria style! For example, this Cloud Flower from SMG2 as an accessory:
AqDmqXs.png

Good luck spriting!

Last edited:
Alright then:
living wood encyclopedia.png

I call it the Living Wood Encyclopedia, it's an early game magic weapon, it shoots small piercing darts that tangle enemies in vines, good for stunning a group of enemies, then following up with a stronger weapon.

Alright then:
View attachment 167978
I call it the Living Wood Encyclopedia, it's an early game magic weapon, it shoots small piercing darts that tangle enemies in vines, good for stunning a group of enemies, then following up with a stronger weapon.
If you look at the thread, it shows a theme. It's currently "Throwing weapon of choice", so you have to do a thrown weapon of sorts. Your sprite a really nice idea for a weapon, though!

Okay, a quick re-do:
paradise buster.png

Paradise Buster: 300 thrown damage, max stack 1, a grenade that creates a pillar of light that hits consecutively over time, improves all stats by 10% while in hot-bar, requires 50 Solar Fragments, Vortex Fragments, Nebula Fragments, and Stardust Fragments

Holo-Disk:
HoloDisk.png
An alien weapon that freezes and burns enemies on hit!!
[doublepost=1494050201,1494050149][/doublepost]
Okay, a quick re-do:
View attachment 167985
Paradise Buster: 300 thrown damage, max stack 1, a grenade that creates a pillar of light that hits consecutively over time, improves all stats by 10% while in hot-bar, requires 50 Solar Fragments, Vortex Fragments, Nebula Fragments, and Stardust Fragments
What mod (if its a mod) are those wooden spears from? (in your signature)

Back
Top Bottom