NPCs & Enemies Weeping Angel Statues

FairyPrincessSerenity

Empress of Light
This is a short suggestion, and one without any particular detail into the statistical values of the NPC in question.

Besides the obvious Doctor Who reference, these mobs wouldn't be too difficult to put into the game. Like a Mimic, these statues take on the appearance of a harmless decorative object -Angel Statue- until the player gets too close and they show their true form and would attack. Unlike the Doctor Who version, these do not stop attacking simply because the player is looking at them.

Now to make them more than a simple useless mob, I have an idea for drops. A Weeping Angel Statue would have a five percent chance to drop an existing statue or possibly new statues with potential functionality, which I shall also suggest in this suggestion.
* Unicorn Statue,
* Pixie Statue,
* Spider Statue,
* Bee Statue,
* Ichor Sticker Statue,
* Wizard Statue - looks like Tim, basically,
* Worm Statue,
* Butterfly Statue,
* Duck Statue,
* Cactus Statue,
* Pigron Statue,
* Creator Statue - bears the likeness of Redigit,
* Frog Statue

That is all.

Last edited:
A statue mimic that drops other, newer statues. I see no reason not to add this, except for that if some of the statues gained functionality (ie Unicorn, Ichor Sticker, Wizard), the spawned monsters' natural drops could easily be grinded up and sold for money, which players can easily get plenty of otherwise.

Creator Statue? Yes Please

Creator Statue.png

[Edit] I changed this sprite three times already, hue

This is a short suggestion, and one without any particular detail into the statistical values of the NPC in question.

Besides the obvious Doctor Who reference, these mobs wouldn't be too difficult to put into the game. Like a Mimic, these statues take on the appearance of a harmless decorative object -Angel Statue- until the player gets too close and they show their true form and would attack. Unlike the Doctor Who version, these do not stop attacking simply because the player is looking at them.

Now to make them more than a simple useless mob, I have an idea for drops. A Weeping Angel Statue would have a five percent chance to drop an existing statue or possibly new statues with potential functionality, which I shall also suggest in this suggestion.
* Unicorn Statue,
* Pixie Statue,
* Spider Statue,
* Bee Statue,
* Ichor Sticker Statue,
* Wizard Statue - looks like Tim, basically,
* Worm Statue,
* Butterfly Statue,
* Duck Statue,
* Cactus Statue,
* Pigron Statue,
* Creator Statue - bears the likeness of Redigit,
* Frog Statue

That is all.

Love it!:passionate: I can make some sprites for you if you'd like :happy:

Also maybe try and put some Stats in there so people can get an idea of how strong it is (assuming its pre-hardmode?)
Maybe its stats could be ...

Damage:32
Max Life: 275
Defense: 18
KB Resist: 100%

Love it!:passionate: I can make some sprites for you if you'd like :happy:

Also maybe try and put some Stats in there so people can get an idea of how strong it is (assuming its pre-hardmode?)

Since the developers like to loosely take ideas from suggestions, adding stats to a suggested mob seems to be unnecessary padding. Assuming Re-Logic wants to run with my idea, less is often more, as fully-fleshed out and interesting concepts like The Confection or The Cyber are harder to use. But to humor your question, my personal preference is to place them on par with Mimics statwise. Early Hardmode tier, basially. And I would like to see your spriting efforts. Art is always appreciated.

Since the developers like to loosely take ideas from suggestions, adding stats to a suggested mob seems to be unnecessary padding. Assuming Re-Logic wants to run with my idea, less is often more, as fully-fleshed out and interesting concepts like The Confection or The Cyber are harder to use. But to humor your question, my personal preference is to place them on par with Mimics statwise. Early Hardmode tier, basially. And I would like to see your spriting efforts. Art is always appreciated.
Ah, ok. That makes sense I can see why you wouldn't want to put stats in. I'll definitely make some statue & weeping angel sprites :happy:

Ah, ok. That makes sense I can see why you wouldn't want to put stats in. I'll definitely make some statue & weeping angel sprites :happy:

It doesn't necessarily have to be Dr. Who's Weeping Angels in appearance. I believe a darker and more twisted version of Terraria's Angel Statue would fit better. Maybe the wings become tattered and it gains claws. Something like that.

Here Some statue sprites :p

(Btw, Grey Statues on Grey Backgrounds don't look very good)
Imported piskel (3).png

I made a sprite for you if you want it. I thought it would look cool with the ichor still inside it.
ichor_sticker_statue_by_girghgh-d8n09hh.png

Edit: It's an ichor sticker.

Back
Top Bottom