Weird cases of world gen

The fourth image is... rather spectacular. I wouldn't mind Lihzard loot pre-hardmode. Not at all...

I've had chests spawning outside the door on numerous worlds. It's more common than you think.

There's nothing great about it though. The only useful thing in the chest is the Power cell, which you can only 'get' (as well as use) after defeating Plantera. Otherwise, it is just standard cavern randomised loot alike the gold chests in the same area.

I've had four chests in one cabin before. Actually, I still have an image of that.

2014-02-03_00002.jpg

I've had chests spawning outside the door on numerous worlds. It's more common than you think.

There's nothing great about it though. The only useful thing in the chest is the Power cell, which you can only 'get' (as well as use) after defeating Plantera. Otherwise, it is just standard cavern randomised loot alike the gold chests in the same area.
I though it was weird, but looks like it isnt

No. 4 isn't weird at all I think... I've had 2~3 worlds with a lizard chest right at the entrance, outside the temple. Besides, apart from the power cell, the other items are the random loot found in any chests. It's not as if you can access/use the altar before killing Plantera either.
sJsgj4F.png

5 Gold Chests in one tight area.

I had a weird world gen case with the temple
First was fusioned with these abandoned houses, one part was inside the temple and you could just use the rod of discord inside to trespass.

Golden chests being abundant at cabins is actually more to do with how I think the generation works.

Basically, flat surfaces are a magnet to chests, life crystals and other things likewise. And since there's so much sloped/half block surfaces now, a lot of places is rendered unsuitable to spawn a chest on.

Since cabins tend to have a strip of flat wood, especially on the top, there's a good chance for multiple. This is the same case with traps, as I almost always see a dart trap on top of the cabin.

terraria edit? dont thinl so. i was looking for a lava charm thats all. plus i dont even know how terraria edit works.

Also, i just found this and i havent touched it:
2014-11-04_00004.jpg

I once found 3 of the underground wood buildings, 5 heart crystals, a diamond cave with an enchanted sword on it, a glowing mushroom biome, 3 boulder traps, 5 dart traps, and an explosive trap all one screen.

terraria edit? dont thinl so. i was looking for a lava charm thats all. plus i dont even know how terraria edit works.

Also, i just found this and i havent touched it:
View attachment 8808
its world edit because the golden chest spawned outside the dungeon which is impossible and only half on a block and a shadow chest spawned out of hell, they can spawn at the top of hell but not out and it also was only half on a block
I once found 3 of the underground wood buildings, 5 heart crystals, a diamond cave with an enchanted sword on it, a glowing mushroom biome, 3 boulder traps, 5 dart traps, and an explosive trap all one screen.
once i got a emerald cave with a lava charm in it

I had a weird world gen case with the temple
First was fusioned with these abandoned houses, one part was inside the temple and you could just use the rod of discord inside to trespass.
I had one too, but i forgot to take a shoot. I didnt think about trying to teleport in before plantera though

Back
Top Bottom