Weird cases of world gen

A lizihard temple that had a door. That led into a solid wall. The rest was solid brick exept for the altar

WorldGen Moments
*the Most Trolliest of the Trollers*

Here are some of My Best
20170826130258_1.jpg

20170825201712_1.jpg

20170902183054_1.jpg
Seed is 666

Last edited:
1.3.5.2 On a large world I think
Your seed won't work because you are using mods (Thorium mod from what it appears). That is what caused the double dungeon glitch because doing it without mods only gave me the normal one dungeon. (But the world did have the same Terrain)

Over time I gathered some weird cases of world gen. You can post yours too
world_gen.png
world_gen_2.png
world_gen_3.png
world_gen_4.png
WORLD_GEN_6.png
World gen can be really crazy some time huh?
I don't have an image, but for me, its gotta be the dungeon reaching nearly all the way to the top of the map.

I checked out the 666 Seed world that was mentioned a bit ago. While it doesn't have the double dungeons or temples that the mod caused, the world itself still has quite a few pieces of wonky generation in it. Large world, doesn't matter if you pick Corruption or Crimson. You get a strange-looking spawn, an odd dungeon entrance, and a wall of sand you have to climb up to get to the right ocean.

Just look at this weird thing.

Capture 2017-12-01 21_31_42.png

I also seen in 1.3.4 days in my 2nd world I seen a sky Dungeon, on the first I seen Lihzahrd chests out of the Temple,.. in 1.3.5 I seen a flooded dungeon and hell covered in water, also Shadow Chests out of Ruined Houses,...

Bez tytułu.png

This happened to me once when I played the Calamity Mod. First thing is that the arena is suprisingly small for a LARGE world, and second is that the altar is misplaced and when I use it, Golem will most likely spawn inside a wall, and since I am doing a ranger run, I can't shoot through walls, so I am forced to change its placement with TEdit or something. :V

So I just experienced the most incredibly realistic example of terraria's world gen yesterday...
20180228184757_1.jpg

It seems as-if trees are able to support ENTIRE FRIGGING LAKES NOW.

So, seeing as I had this incredible moment, I became curious if similar things had happened to other people. So, the point of this thread is to share your favorite examples of terraria being drunk that you've captured.

(Seed is IEatGoldForBreakfast, Small, Crimson if you want to try it out, Don't ask why I chose that as my seed, I don't even know.)

Edit: This was originally it's own thread, so that's why it's worded like that. A staff member moved it to here. sorry!

Last edited:
So I just experienced the most incredibly realistic example of terraria's world gen yesterday...View attachment 195041

It seems as-if trees are able to support ENTIRE FRIGGING LAKES NOW.

So, seeing as I had this incredible moment, I became curious if similar things had happened to other people. So, the point of this thread is to share your favorite examples of terraria being drunk that you've captured.

(Seed is IEatGoldForBreakfast, Small, Crimson if you want to try it out, Don't ask why I chose that as my seed, I don't even know.)
Nobody... Really?
Hi @-=+=Frostii=+=-, I moved your posts into this thread as there was already a topic regarding world gen.

So I was walking around my spawn area when I came across a sandstorm. The only problem was, it wasn't a desert at all-just a regular old forest.
A few minutes of downwards exploration later...
IcIOa4e.jpg

Edit: This massive sand deposit took the better part of an ingame day to clear out, and yielded more than two full stacks. I guess invasions will be terribly difficult, but I guess I can build myself a glass castle now :p

Last edited:
i have a lihzahrd temple that had the altar on spikes (not odd but a bit unusual), a dungeon on mobile that is so high off the ground (its still stuck to the ground though) that the stairs are not accessible by means of a normal jump and a dungeon right next to the corruption

Did your Dungeon Look a bit like this?
Capture.PNG

I'm on PC with 2 mods, Overhaul and Weaponsout and found my dungeon like this XD

Back
Top Bottom