PS4 Weird Color Msg/Error

Gai Daigohji

Terrarian
So I've been getting this message since atleast the 1.3 update on PS4 maybe before, hard to remember. It follows me on a legacy character who I created ages ago on PS3. The message is <color=#FAF00>Salinger> . Salinger is the character. As far as I know its not breaking anything just annoying it pops up alot. I've tried googling it and I haven't found anything but didn't do a deep look.

I've tried changing my hair/clothing colors thinking maybe that's it but nothing changed.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190616_142553.jpg
    MVIMG_20190616_142553.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
So I've been getting this message since atleast the 1.3 update on PS4 maybe before, hard to remember. It follows me on a legacy character who I created ages ago on PS3. The message is <color=#FAF00>Salinger> . Salinger is the character. As far as I know its not breaking anything just annoying it pops up alot. I've tried googling it and I haven't found anything but didn't do a deep look.

I've tried changing my hair/clothing colors thinking maybe that's it but nothing changed.
Hi there @Gai Daigohji, thanks for sharing this. I haven’t seen anyone else with this issue, and if you haven’t already I recommend sending in all your details with as much info as you can straight to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Yes to other worlds. It follows this character to any world. I'll try some other characters created on PS3 and Vita that I brought over. And create one to try. That said I wouldn't abandon this character.

So I did some further testing. I am unable to get the message on other characters. I did change all the colors of my clothing and hair again. However this time I decided to remove the wig my character is wearing too when I changed it. I have not seen it since. That said it usually appears when I kill alot of mobs in a short span and no events have appeared during testing.

I guess I should have done more diligent testing before posting.

Last edited:
So I did some further testing. I am unable to get the message on other characters. I did change all the colors of my clothing and hair again. However this time I decided to remove the wig my character is wearing too when I changed it. I have not seen it since. That said it usually appears when I kill alot of mobs in a short span and no events have appeared during testing.

I guess I should have done more diligent testing before posting.

Welp spoke too soon just got it again guess I get to file it. I think it might be displayed when I get a banner. I keep the twins summon up while I build to take care of the trash and they've been plinking away at the slimes and just got another Blue Slime Banner.

Does your character have a color like this on it?
unknown.png

That may just be the problem. If you get rid of it, i dont think it will happen again. This is just speculation, though

Back
Top Bottom