Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have first experienced this problem in 1.4.0.3. The keyboard controls work... differently when I open a world. The keyboard inputs normally when out of a world, but in worlds, the keyboard does not input unless I press either Esc or Space at the same time as the key assigned to that (seems to do that for text input as well); when using Esc + Space, it interprets as a Space. There are also some other cases that are not covered, such as E+D for grappling. Some things work at the same time; for instance, pressing Ctrl + D + Space to jump to the right (although Ctrl + A + Space does not work for jumping to the left). I was playing online multiplayer as the host with a friend; however, the problem also happened with him as the host and in single player. It did NIT happen in any other applications, including the TModLoader from Steam. This makes the game nearly unplayable, with moving around a really tedious procedure.

I'm having the same issue, actually. Thanks for going into more detail on this. I'm gonna go ahead and make my own post too, hope that adding my own in will draw more attention to it.

This is a known issue that we are looking into.

Restarting the computer SHOULD temporarily fix it, but we are trying to find a long term solution.

This is a known issue that we are looking into.

Restarting the computer SHOULD temporarily fix it, but we are trying to find a long term solution.

Thank you! I think I saw it on the list of known issues, but I wasn’t totally sure, so I decided to just make a post about it and go into further detail in case it helped.

Just want to add something as I may have a clue what is going on. Yesterday my game worked perfectly, the before going to bed I updated Windows 10 to version 2004 (build 19041.264) and my keyboard input started behaving strangely (as per this topic). In the known issues with this version of Windows 10 there's something about GameInput Redistributable. Although the known issues page states the problem is with mouse input, that was the only thing my computer chaged from yesterday to today. Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 - Windows Release Information

Restarting my computer did not fix the problem, and when looking for this problem in the internet I've found some users have the issue only on the world, not on menu, but for me its global.

I was having this issue before that Windows update was released on May 27; however, it is interesting to know that the update somehow affects it, and that it may be a Windows problem.

Gonna bump this as well, Detroit: Become Human had an update on Epic, upon launching the game, Terraria refused to accept keyboard controls. The issue you are describing here is also here. I had to downgrade my gfx driver and it fixed it, until I launched Detroit again. I feel like something with shaders perhaps? Whatever it is thats causing it its not happening with older versions.

Back
Top Bottom