Switch Weird things happening in Switch version...

Sssjim7

Terrarian
… weapons disappearing … items disappearing from inventory... lost several swords in the 1st inventory box so far... my son lost his slime mount trying to make it a favorite... not sure what key he hit but it was gone... he had a vendor menu open and was selling stuff, but he didn't sell the mount...

... also killed several Eye of Ctulu (sp?) on expert mode today and none of them dropped anything at all...

... oh well... hopefully the next patch will address this stuff...

… also so many sky islands with houses and no chests... I thought this was a bug from about 3 years ago? It has apparently reappeared on the Switch version...???

… weapons disappearing … items disappearing from inventory... lost several swords in the 1st inventory box so far... my son lost his slime mount trying to make it a favorite... not sure what key he hit but it was gone... he had a vendor menu open and was selling stuff, but he didn't sell the mount...

... also killed several Eye of Ctulu (sp?) on expert mode today and none of them dropped anything at all...

... oh well... hopefully the next patch will address this stuff...
… also so many sky islands with houses and no chests... I thought this was a bug from about 3 years ago? It has apparently reappeared on the Switch version...???
Hi there @Sssjim7

For the treasure bags not dropping...
  • Doublecheck that the world is an Expert world
  • Restart your Switch (hold Power Button for 3-5 seconds>Power Settings>Restart)
  • If there are activated statues, turn them off for the fight and see if that helps
  • Try doing the fight in docked mode

For the sky islands without houses, is it a sky lake instead? 1.3 introduced sky islands where it generates with a pool of water instead of a house.

For the missing weapons and items, if you can replicate them disappearing with step-by-step instructions, that would be helpful in tracking down if there is an issue.

Hi there @Sssjim7

For the treasure bags not dropping...
  • Doublecheck that the world is an Expert world
  • Restart your Switch (hold Power Button for 3-5 seconds>Power Settings>Restart)
  • If there are activated statues, turn them off for the fight and see if that helps
  • Try doing the fight in docked mode

For the sky islands without houses, is it a sky lake instead? 1.3 introduced sky islands where it generates with a pool of water instead of a house.

For the missing weapons and items, if you can replicate them disappearing with step-by-step instructions, that would be helpful in tracking down if there is an issue.

Thanks for the reply. I double checked and it was definately on an Expert world. Neither the Eye or King Slime dropped a goody bag or anything else... they drop normally on our normal worlds. We made 1 expert world yesterday just to try out the goodie bags with no luck...
No activated statues... it was a new world... in normal mode just created... and the islands had complete houses on them except for no treasure chests... it doesn't happen on all the worlds, though... we make a lot of worlds to raid and then delete... but we find that about half the worlds we make have empty houses on them...
We did make our summoning stuff on our regular non-hardmode world (base), but created the new expert world to do the fighting on. Would that matter?

Thanks again,

~Jim

Thanks for the reply. I double checked and it was definately on an Expert world. Neither the Eye or King Slime dropped a goody bag or anything else... they drop normally on our normal worlds. We made 1 expert world yesterday just to try out the goodie bags with no luck...
No activated statues... it was a new world... in normal mode just created... and the islands had complete houses on them except for no treasure chests... it doesn't happen on all the worlds, though... we make a lot of worlds to raid and then delete... but we find that about half the worlds we make have empty houses on them...
We did make our summoning stuff on our regular non-hardmode world (base), but created the new expert world to do the fighting on. Would that matter?

Thanks again,

~Jim
Ah, so you make a lot of worlds to raid, then delete. Yeah, in that case, you will most likely be running into floating islands that may be missing a house, doors, or furniture/chests - especially on small worlds. It can semi-frequently happen, and if you’re creating a lot of worlds you’ll see it more often. It’s a known issue on PC, and if/when it gets fixed on PC it’ll then be fixed on all the other platforms when they receive that update.

For treasure bags - it shouldn’t matter if you created the character or got items from a regular world to take to an expert world. As long as you are in an expert world, bosses should drop treasure bags. Try restarting your Switch, try it docked, and don’t go into too many worlds before you do the boss fight in the expert world.

I have also had things just vanishing from my inventory. Weapons, rope, a piggy bank, glow sticks. It seems to be when I am in the inventory screen. I close the screen and reopen and the item can’t be found. It’s my most used items that seem to vanish. I thought they had a durability at first after I lost my silver axe and bug net.

I have also had things just vanishing from my inventory. Weapons, rope, a piggy bank, glow sticks. It seems to be when I am in the inventory screen. I close the screen and reopen and the item can’t be found. It’s my most used items that seem to vanish. I thought they had a durability at first after I lost my silver axe and bug net.
Thanks for sharing @Danalith. It’s something that’s being looked into.

I know this is a late reply but I just want to say that this bug still happens as i lost my ice mirror which I haven't even used ONCE!

I know this is a late reply but I just want to say that this bug still happens as i lost my ice mirror which I haven't even used ONCE!
Same, months ago was the entire inventory but now it only delete the item in hand after loading a map

The bug seems to happen when your mid swing with a weapon luckily there's a way to see if the bug is happening simply press a on an item and if it's not moving close and reopen your inventory

Same, months ago was the entire inventory but now it only delete the item in hand after loading a map
The bug seems to happen when your mid swing with a weapon luckily there's a way to see if the bug is happening simply press a on an item and if it's not moving close and reopen your inventory
@noidused and @Dan jab - The switch version was updated May 19 which should have resolved the issue this thread was originally about. Are you still having things disappear after the most recent update?

We just bought Terraria on the Switch, after previously playing a lot on the PS4. My husband is hosting and I am joining his game (we have a regular Switch and a Switch Lite, I use the regular). I get booted a lot, but that's not the biggest problem, it's just really annoying. The big problem is I have had dozens of items disappear (including stacks of ore and bars) that I have put in chests, including 90 gold coins! All of this is invaluable when you have just started a world! We worked so hard, and I put it in a chest in our house, and it vanished. I'm mad about so many of the things that disappeared, but this one takes the cake. It never happens to items that my husband puts in chests. These are not crafted chests. It's not just one chest, it's all the ones I've used so far. Is there anything that can be done? At this point I get booted every several minutes, I've lost a bunch of money and items, including crafting materials, and I can't even use chests now, I have to throw things down for my husband to put away. It sucks and it ruins the fun. We bought the game after May 19th and it did update when we first launched it. Should I open a new bug for this?

We just bought Terraria on the Switch, after previously playing a lot on the PS4. My husband is hosting and I am joining his game (we have a regular Switch and a Switch Lite, I use the regular). I get booted a lot, but that's not the biggest problem, it's just really annoying. The big problem is I have had dozens of items disappear (including stacks of ore and bars) that I have put in chests, including 90 gold coins! All of this is invaluable when you have just started a world! We worked so hard, and I put it in a chest in our house, and it vanished. I'm mad about so many of the things that disappeared, but this one takes the cake. It never happens to items that my husband puts in chests. These are not crafted chests. It's not just one chest, it's all the ones I've used so far. Is there anything that can be done? At this point I get booted every several minutes, I've lost a bunch of money and items, including crafting materials, and I can't even use chests now, I have to throw things down for my husband to put away. It sucks and it ruins the fun. We bought the game after May 19th and it did update when we first launched it. Should I open a new bug for this?
Hi @Neymorra, thanks for sharing here what you’re experiencing in your multiplayer sessions. I would suggest sending this info info straight to Pipeworks (the team porting the game to the Switch) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Include all of your details such as your husband hosting, but your items not being saved in the chests as it can give them a starting place to check into it and try to replicate the issue. If you have any screenshots or videos, that can help even more.

Back
Top Bottom