Story Welcome to Terraria, David!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
See, I'm a bit of a writer, and I've always wanted to write a Terraria story. So, here it is!
"Ugh." David said as he rubbed his eyes. He was asleep, and he had just woke up. "What the, where am I?" David said, as he looked around. There was grass in every direction, and the landscape was dotted with trees, bunnies, birds, and a few stones sticking out from the ground.

"You're in Terraria!" David heard a voice, which startled him as he stood with a jump. He turned around to see a man with reddish-brown hair, wearing a grey shirt, blue jeans, and a smile on his face.
"Terrari-what?" David asked.
"Terraria." The man said again, his smile fading slightly. "My name's Andrew, and I'm your guide." he said, as he began ruffling through a backpack that was beside him.
"What are you looking for, Andrew?" David asked, his eyes fixed on the bag.
"Your starting materials." Andrew replied, bringing out a pickaxe, and axe, and a dagger. They all shone in the sunlight, and they had an orange hue.
"What's this for?" David asked, as Andrew handed them over to him, David's eyes focused on the axe.
"I'll show you." Andrew said, taking it from David's hands. He walked over to one of the trees.

"Timber!" He yelled as he swung it at the roots of the tree. The tree collapsed in one swipe. It crashed to the ground, breaking into multiple small logs, and one acorn.
"If I were you, I'd take those. Also, the acorn can be planted to make another tree." Andrew said, as David bent down to collect them.
"Wait, where do I store these?" David asked, and was answered by a backpack to the face.

"It's magic, and will allow you to hold a lot more than it looks." Andrew remarked, chuckling at David's surprise that when he dropped a wood log inside it completely disappeared. David put his pickaxe and dagger inside, then proceeded to cut down a few more trees. He had soon collected about a hundred logs, which seemed like enough for him.
"You should built a shelter; when night comes, zombies and other thingies will come and attack." Andrew said. "Best you make some armor, and a fancy new sword, as that shortsword will certainly not do." Andrew continued. "To craft these, make a workbench." he finished.

David gave Andrew a confused look, as Andrew sighed, proceeding to show him how to shape wood in the form of a workbench, and how to make a sword and armor.
David made all these, and the sword was much lighter and nimble, which made it faster than normal.

"So, what now?" David asked.
"Um, the shelter?" Andrew said.
"Oh yeah...."

David started stacking wood, to make a small hut. He soon finished, and the sun began to dim out. Andrew told David that he better make a torch. David looked around for slimes, and then found a bouncing blue one. He gripped the hilt of his sword, then slashed at it. His sword went through it, and it bounced atop of him. David quickly moved to the side, giving it a second jab. He then slashed it once more, and it exploded, leaving behind some gel. David picked one up, then rubbed a stick with it, then struck it against a stone. It lit into a raging fire, and then David proceeded to the hut.

"I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!" David yelled, only to see Andrew facing off against a Zombie with his Wooden Bow.
"Andrew!" David said, as he ran towards him and stood in between Andrew and the zombie.
The zombie was holding a disembodied arm, and was using it to slash at David. The attacks barely fazed him as he slashed at the zombie repeatedly, dodging hits and then flipping over him in a cool trick, before stabbing it in the back as it fell apart. David took the few coins it was holding, and the disembodied arm. He stuffed it in his pack.

"Let's just stay here for the night." Andrew said, as he heard multiple zombies pounding at the door.
David didn't say anything. He just sat on a chair and began to snore, as he drifted into the world of dreams.
The next morning, since the zombies were gone, David decided to explore more. He walked around, looking at the bunnies and birds. A squirrel ran up to him, standing up with its two front paws. It seemed to like something in David. It paced around him, then stopped behind him, sniffing towards his backpack.
"Oh, you want an acorn?" David said, as he pulled out one. The squirrel nodded, as David tossed the acorn towards it. It jumped, grabbing it midair, and it began to nibble on it.

"Aw, you're cute!' David said, as he picked up the squirrel in his arms, and it climbed up on his shoulder, continuing to nibble at the acorn.
After some more walking David chanced upon a cave. Pushing away the vines lining it, David chanced upon a small box.
"Ooh!" he said, "Loot!"
He cracked the box open, and began to take out the contents. First he brought out a Spear.
"This is definitely a keeper!" David said as he pointed it in the sky. He then found a tube. It contained a yellow liquid. David put it in his backpack, and then continued to search. He found some throwing knives, some more torches, 3 glowsticks, and an umbrella. All these went into the pack.

He proceeded to walk back home. When he reached the hut, Andrew told him the yellow liquid was an Ironskin potion. So, David decided to keep it for another time.
"Also, say hello to...., um.... Chip! Yes, Chip!" David said, pointing to his squirrel.
"It's best you go to mine, your current armor won't do." Andrew said.
"Well you're coming with me." David said to Andrew's surprise.
"I can't mine, I-" Andrew began to say as David grabbed his left hand.
"Let's go." David said with Chip on his shoulder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon they had reached the cave. Both David and Andrew began to climb down, but they soon came to a deep gorge.
"Um, how do we get down?" David asked Andrew, but he looked as confused as David was.
"I don't really know what to do." Andrew said.
Then, a grappling hook shot through the air, latching onto the ledge they were both standing on.
A voice shouted, "Climb on!", it echoing throughout the cave.

"Okay!" David said, but Chip went first, running across the thin metallic wire. He soon reached the other end, and then it was David's turn. He started walking on the chain, as if he was walking on a tight rope. He was about half the way down, and then slipped and fell!
"David!" Andrew yelled, but David used his quick mind. He grabbed his spear and used it as a zip line, sliding down at double speed. Andrew was last down, using his bow for the same purpose. However, Andrew's bow snapped at the frictional force.

"We'll just, make you another one, OK?" David said with a thumbs up.
"Hey, aren't you gonna thank me for helping you?" the voice said.
"Oh yeah I forgot to-" David was cut off by the person taking of his helmet. Or instead, her helmet, to reveal a beautiful face, with long, shiny blond hair, and sparkling, blue eyes.
"You were saying? By the way, the name's Sophia." she said, extending her hand.
David was completely spaced out, so Andrew took her hand instead.
"I'm Andrew, and this is David." he said, shaking her hand.
"Uh, is he okay?" Sophia asked, gesturing towards David.
"Oh, yes, he's just, uh, tired." Andrew said, as David snapped out his trance.
"Oh, and, would you mind showing us where all the good ores are?" David asked, to which Sophia nodded.
"Follow me!" She said as she shot off with her grappling hook.
"WAIT!" David said as he grabbed Andrew's hand.

"Hold on tight Chip." David said as he started running in her direction, barely able to keep up. He kept running, running, running, running, and then stopped to get his breath. Andrew kept sprinting, Chip on his tail, and David stumbling to catch up. Finally, they reached Sophia's mine. There were multiple torches around, and there was a chest in the corner.

"Help yourself in the chest!" Sophia said, as David flinged the chest open. It was littered with greenish bars.
"David, those are tungsten! Give me those!" Andrew said as David tossed the pile of bars to Andrew. Andrew walked over to the lead anvil and started pounding at the bars with a hammer.

"I wonder what he's doing." David thought as he walked over to Sophia.
"So, Sophia, do you want to come to the surface with us?" David asked.
"Nah, I'd like to stay down here." Sophia said.
"Oh, OK....." David said, turning around.
"I'm just kidding!" Sophia said, playfully punching him in the arm.
"OW! I mean, OK." David said, grabbing his arm.
"Hey Dav! Try these on!" Andrew yelled, tossing him some heavy pieces of armor.
"OK." David said.

He slipped off his wooden greaves, slipping on the greenish boots. He took off his helmet and breastplate, putting on the fresh new ones. Andrew tossed him a sword. It was more nimble and bigger at the same time. It oozed extra damage. It was clearly a Legenedary craft.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now back on the surface with Sophia, David decided to go spar with his new sword. He grasped the lime hilt, as slimes jumped at him. He sliced one, and it exploded in one hit. Another, swish! A third, swat! A fourth, wham! And a fifth, crosslash!
"Why are there so many slimes?" David looked up in the sky, and a huge slimy cloud loomed over him.
"Everybody inside, it's a Slime Rain!" David yelled.

The ground trembled, and the pebbles scattered, the trees shaking, and the houses rattling.
A huge blue slime hopped towards him, and a red and gold crown was on their head.
This is over. I'm writing a better one, check it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom