Welcome to the WORLD: An RPG about floating islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky High

Ice Queen
ReadtheRules.png

Please and thank you.

This is a game about commanding an army to free a group of floating islands.

Long ago, there was a chain of islands known as the Pentaga Islands. These islands were ruled by five brothers, each one in a different castle.

The first brother was known as Forgon, and he watched over the islands of the slimes and the cubes. His castle was built from iron and stone.

The second brother was known as Eseb, and he watched over the islands of the dead. His castle was built from flesh and bone.

The third brother was known as Orgon, and he watched over the islands of the wild trolls, orcs, and goblins. His castle was built from earth and wood.

The fourth brother was known as Ego, and he watched over the islands of the humans. His castle was built from steel and polymers.

The fifth brother was known as Martemius, and he watched over the islands of the robots. His castle was built from nanobots and titanium.

One day, the Pentaga islands were threatened by a devastating corruption that came in from the outside seas. The castles of the brothers were corrupted first, and the brothers within them... all except for Martemius, whose advanced systems warned him of the attack. He escaped to the main island, the one that connected the rest. To prevent it from being corrupted, he raised it high into the sky. However, the other brothers plotted against him, and raised their islands up as well. As a last ditch effort, he drove his WORLD (Way Of Reviving Land Definitively) device into the island, putting up a shield against the corruption. Of course, he knew, it was only a matter of time before the shield would break. To prevent this, he used his device to summon heroes from far and wide to build castles, save his brothers, and stop the corruption.

No swearing, please. If you have to swear, use the Red emoji.
Please set up your character CORRECTLY.
Please don't metagame.
Don't spam.

Name: (Pick a name)
Army Name: (Pick a name for your army)
Resources: (Pick two. These will be what your castle is made of. They give you different soldiers and advantages.)
Iron: Your all-around resource. Gives an extra advantage against Cubes.

Iron Soldiers:
Militia: Weaker, but have an advantage of numbers. Costs 2 BP.
Knight: This guy has armor to spare. Costs 5 BP.
Knave: Not as armored, but stronger. Costs 5 BP.

Stone: This was man's first best friend. Gives an extra advantage against Slimes.

Stone Soldiers:
Caveman: This guy is most certainly only going to hit once, no matter how strong the hit. He can't survive even one arrow. Costs 2 BP.
Spearman: Stone spears hurt, man. Costs 3 BP.
Mountain Hermit: All knowing. Inspires those around him. Costs 10 BP, can only have one at a time.

Flesh: Only the best necromancers know how to turn flesh into a castle. Gives you 50 extra BP.

Flesh Soldiers:
Zombie: If you feel something grab you but nobody's there, blame this guy. Costs 1 BP.
Demon: Don't let it touch you unless you want to become one! Costs 2 BP.
Titan: Who taught the necromancers how to revive THESE!? Costs 5 BP.

Bone: Scientifically proven to be strong. Let's build a castle with it! Gives you 50 extra BP.

Bone Soldiers:
Skeleton: Were you not expecting this? How!? It's BONE, man. Costs 1 BP.
Ghost: Okay, maybe a bit less conventional here. Costs 5 BP.
Necromancer: Now you can have an infinite army of skeletons! Costs 11 BP.

Earth: Tightly packed, this can pack a punch. Increased damage against trolls and orcs.

Earth Soldiers:
Mudman: Give him some time. He'll harden. Costs 3 BP.
Sandman: Despite being just made of sand, he can, in fact, make you feel sleepy. Costs 5 BP.
Earth Golem: Is this what mudmen become? ...wow. Costs 10 BP.

Wood: Prepare to be bludgeoning a few people. Does extra damage to goblins.

Wood Soldiers:
Orc: I'm HUNGRY! Costs 4 BP.
Troll: Trolls exist! They steal your socks. But only the left ones. Costs 6 BP.
Troll King: I'm gonna throw a troll at you! Costs 15 BP, can only have one at a time.

Steel: A super powerful alloy. Decreases damage taken from humans.

Steel Soldiers:
Pistol Man: It's a pistol man. That's it. Costs 3 BP.
Army Man: Think of it as if a Knight and a Knave had a baby and fed it nothing but steroids. Costs 10 BP.
TAAAAAAAANK: Need I say more? Costs 25 BP.

Polymers: It's really just plastic. Decreases damage taken from humans.

Polymer Soldiers:
Balloon: You would be surprised at how insanely strong a balloon is. Costs 1 BP. Limit: 10
Artificial Serpent: Now it doesn't have any bones to break. Costs 4 BP.
Ribbon Dancer: Prepare to dance... with DANGER. Costs 7 BP.

Nanobots: The stuff of the future. Increases damage against all but robots. Nanobot Soldiers cannot damage robots.

Nanobot Soldiers:
Invader Bot: This thing's small, fast, and really annoying. Costs 3 BP.
Chainsaw Bot: Coming up next: Murderous Robots with Chainsaws. Stay tuned! Costs 10 BP.
WORLD Cleanser: You must cleanse the world of this corruption. Costs 50 BP.

Titanium: The ultimate resource. If only it didn't cost so much. Increases damage against robots.

Titanium Soldiers:
Evil Mecha Worm: Lasers, dude. Costs 75 BP. Limit: 1
Huge Flying Mechanical Eye: One shoots out flame. The other shoots out lasers. Make your choice! Costs 65 BP. Limit: 2
Gigantic Mechanical Skull and Arms: Ouch. Costs 150 BP. Limit: 1
Soldiers: (Pick from your two selected resources a number of soldiers with BP up to 200 (excluding potential bonuses))
(Example: Orc x5)

Each army has a certain Power. The power is shown as AP/DP, where AP is the power when attacking, while DP is the power when defending.
When attacking, the attacker's AP is measured while the defender's DP is measured. One army attacks another, and no more than that each turn.

If AP > DP, the defending army is destroyed.

If AP < DP, the defending army survives. Then, the DP of the attacking army is checked against the AP of the defending army. If AP > DP, the army is destroyed. if AP < DP, then as many DP worth of troops as the total AP are removed from the army. If AP = DP, nothing happens.
Derek's 100/500 army of 100 attacks Han's 250/500 army of 100. Because Han's army has 500 DP, it survives and then calculates its AP against Derek's army's DP. Because Derek's defense is 500, his army is not destroyed, however it loses 50 troops because each troop has 5 DP and Han has 250 AP.

If AP = DP, each army loses half of its troops (rounded up).

Army: Linem
Crystal Level: 2
Castle Materials: Iron and Polymer (Increased damage against Cubes and decreased damage from humans)
Current Army:
Militia x15
Artificial Serpent x10
Ribbon Dancer x19
Slime x25
Balloon x2
Army: Nabsal
Crystal Level: 1
Castle Materials: Nanobots and Bone (Increased damage against all but robots and larger starting army)
Current Army:
x1 WORLD cleanser
x6 necromancer
x13 invader bot
x5 Ghost
x7 Chainsaw bot
x74 skeletons

Last edited:
Slime Field
Required Crystal Level: 1
Possible Enemies:
Gelatin Group (Minislime x50, Slime x25, Bomb Slime x10, Shield Slime x10)
???
??? (ELITE)
??? (BOSS)

Pumpkin Patch
Required Crystal Level: 5
Possible Enemies:
?????

Robber Town
Required Crystal Level: ???
Possible Enemies:
?????

???
This island is too corrupted to enter right now. You'll get more information as you continue to explore.

Corrupted Island
This island cannot be accessed, even with a crystal! You'll need all 5 brothers to open this land.
Brothers Saved: 1/5

Last edited:
Name: Trebonth
Army Name: Linem
Resources: Iron&Polymer
Soldiers: Artificial Serpent (x10 (40 BP)), Knave (x 10 (50 BP)), Militia (x 20 (40 BP)), Ribbon Dancer (x 10 (70 BP))

Name: Trebonth
Army Name: Linem
Resources: Iron&Polymer
Soldiers: Artificial Serpent (x10 (40 BP)), Knave (x 10 (50 BP)), Militia (x 20 (40 BP)), Ribbon Dancer (x 10 (70 BP))
Added. Your castle appears at the main island. You see Martemius a short distance away, and the WORLD a bit farther away. Martemius runs to you.

"Oh, hello! I must say, that is a wonderful army, and a very unique castle. I have summoned you here because of this."

He motions to the five islands around him, the first ring of the Pentaga islands. You can see varying levels of corruption.

"Now, all this land is corrupted. This place is only safe because of the WORLD behind me. You will have to go into the corrupted lands and fight off the corruption. However, you will need this."

He hands you a crystal.

"That crystal is made of the same material that powers the WORLD. Hold it, and your army will be safe from the corruption. However, it needs to be powered up to pierce through higher levels of corruption. Even so, you still won't be able to get through -" He motions to one island "- that. In order for you to get through that, we're going to need to get my brothers back. Please, can you do this for me?"

"Sure, that's quite... interesting offer." Trebonth says. "And while we're at this topic, how will be able to enter the lands, anyway?" He wasn't used for the sudden encounters.

"Sure, that's quite... interesting offer." Trebonth says. "And while we're at this topic, how will be able to enter the lands, anyway?" He wasn't used for the sudden encounters.

"... the crystal? You stopped paying attention, didn't you? The crystal shields your army from corruption. Either way, thank you. You'll need to journey to the Slime Field and destroy the corrupted slimes there. It will not be easy. Be vigilant!"

"Oh thank you. I have rather poor hearing to begin, but I can master it, I guess." Trebonth then goes with army and crystal to the Slime Field.

Name: lasban
Army name: nabsal
Materials: nanobots,bone
Army:

• x1 WORLD cleanser
  • x6 necromancer
  • x10 invader bot
  • x5 Ghost
  • x3 Chainsaw bot
  • x49 skeletons

Last edited:
"Oh thank you. I have rather poor hearing to begin, but I can master it, I guess." Trebonth then goes with army and crystal to the Slime Field.

"Well, I will see you soon."

You journey off to the Slime Field. You hardly get your bearings when you're attacked by a slime!

TREBONTH AND LINEM vs. SLIME AND GELATIN GROUP!

Linem:
Militia x20 (Power: 40/40)
Knave x10 (Power: 100/10)
Artificial Serpent x10 (Power: 100/500 (Special: Does not damage opposing army when defending after winning))
Ribbon Dancer x10 (Power: 150/150 (Special: Attacking power of opposing army decreased by 100 (min 10) when fighting Ribbon Dancers))

Gelatin Group:
Minislime x50 (Power: 50/50)
Slime x25 (Power: 75/75)
Bomb Slime x10 (Power: 250/10 (Special: Destroyed after attacking.))
Shield Slime x10 (Power: 10/250 (Special: Once per battle, can take an attack in the place of another army. Is destroyed afterwards.))

You go first!

(I also added a combat tab to the OP)

Name: lasban
Army name: nabsal
Materials: nanobots,bone
Army:

• x1 WORLD cleanser
  • x6 necromancer
  • x10 invader bot
  • x5 Ghost
  • x6 Chainsaw bot
  • x49 skeletons

You're 30 points over. Need to take out something before I'll approve.

Militia attacks Bomb Slimes, Knaves attack Minislimes, Dancers attack the Slimes and Serpents strike the Bomb slimes in case Militia are outplayed.

Militia attacks Bomb Slimes, Knaves attack Minislimes, Dancers attack the Slimes and Serpents strike the Bomb slimes in case Militia are outplayed.

I may not have been specific enough, but only one army attacks at a time. So, one set of troops.

Um I just did the math again and it came out as 250 which because of bone is the max
Edit: never mind I just realized i’ll edit it

Um I just did the math again and it came out as 250 which because of bone is the max
Edit: never mind I just realized i’ll edit it

Alright! You're added now.

"Oh, hello! I must say, that is a massive army, and your castle looks very alive. I have summoned you here because of this."

He motions to the five islands around him, the first ring of the Pentaga islands. You can see varying levels of corruption.

"Now, all this land is corrupted. This place is only safe because of the WORLD behind me. You will have to go into the corrupted lands and fight off the corruption. However, you will need this."

He hands you a crystal.

"That crystal is made of the same material that powers the WORLD. Hold it, and your army will be safe from the corruption. However, it needs to be powered up to pierce through higher levels of corruption. Even so, you still won't be able to get through -" He motions to one island "- that. In order for you to get through that, we're going to need to get my brothers back. Please, can you do this for me?"

Thanks for pointing it out.

In this case, I'll attack Bomb slimes with Militia. What? They're cheap!

You attack the bomb slimes. Your attack is intercepted by the shield slimes. You lose 5 militia.

The Bomb Slimes attack the Ribbon Dancers. The Bomb Slimes are destroyed, and the Ribbon Dancers are cut in half.

Linem:
Militia x15 (Power: 30/30)
Knave x10 (Power: 100/10)
Artificial Serpent x10 (Power: 100/500 (Special: Does not damage opposing army when defending after winning))
Ribbon Dancer x5 (Power: 75/75 (Special: Attacking power of opposing army decreased by 100 (min 10) when fighting Ribbon Dancers))

Gelatin Group:
Slime x25 (Power: 75/75)

Attack Slimes with Knaves
You kill the slimes. The Minislimes attack and destroy the Knaves.

Linem:
Militia x15 (Power: 30/30)
Ribbon Dancer x5 (Power: 75/75 (Special: Attacking power of opposing army decreased by 100 (min 10) when fighting Ribbon Dancers))

Gelatin Group:

And so, Serpents counter-strike these Minislimes.

(Something tells me I need to regenerate my army after this battle)

You destroy the Gelatin Group! You got +2 charges!

Your crystal got stronger! You got +1 charge!

Each charge can be used to recruit part of the opposing army, or spend 50 BP on new members.

Minislimes - 1 Charge
Slimes - 1 Charge
Bomb Slimes - 2 Charges
Shield Slimes - 2 Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom