Were Fox Outbreak (add zoologist tail and ears to most town NPCs )

skymory_24

Terrarian
Made to spite a friend

Gives most town NPCs the zoologist's tail and ears

icon.png

Normal varient keeps NPC hats, makign ears not visible on most NPCs

Hatless varient removes the hat from most affected NPCs to show ears

unzip into .../Documents/My Games/Terraria/ResourcePacks

V1.1 Added Goblin Tinkerer, Tavern Keeper, Dryad and Arms Dealer
V1.2 Actually Added Goblin Tinkerer and Tavern Keeper (10/10 would forget to hit save again)

also check out the inverse of this pack

Attachments

• Were Fox Outbreak (Hatless) v1.2.zip
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,427
  • Were Fox Outbreak v1.2.zip
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,304
Last edited:
So, basically, your friend hate furry, is that right ? :p
Anyways, great TP ! Thanks for it :)

Edit: You forgot some NPC. The one I've seen for now are:
Goblin Tinkerer, Tavern Keeper, Dryad, Demolitionist, Arms Dealer, Painter, Witch Doctor.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for making this! If you have time, could you make it so that they all look like the zoologist when the zoologist is in were-fox mode? (for example the guide would look like an actual fox instead of just ears and a tail)

Thank you so much for making this! If you have time, could you make it so that they all look like the zoologist when the zoologist is in were-fox mode? (for example the guide would look like an actual fox instead of just ears and a tail)
I'm pretty sure this would be incrediblt more complicated.
Yes, it would be hella cool, but way more complicated. And at this point, I'm pretty sure it would require modding, since only the zoologist transform at a certain time, not the other NPC. So they won't automatically change, thye need a "trigger" to change texture, so they need a mod.

I'm pretty sure this would be incrediblt more complicated.
Yes, it would be hella cool, but way more complicated. And at this point, I'm pretty sure it would require modding, since only the zoologist transform at a certain time, not the other NPC. So they won't automatically change, thye need a "trigger" to change texture, so they need a mod.
Ah, well maybe they can just be permanent foxes? Meaning, they don't require any trigger, they are just that way.
Here are some examples:
NPC_20.png

NPC_22.png
The guide doesn't need shoes because he's a fox, so he already has padded protection

Last edited:
Ah, well maybe they can just be permanent foxes? Meaning, they don't require any trigger, they are just that way.
Here are some examples:

View attachment 273597 The guide doesn't need shoes because he's a fox, so he already has padded protection
In this way, this would, yes, not requires trigger. But still, you need to do that with every NPC, so the hard part still remain.

Here are some examples:

View attachment 273597 The guide doesn't need shoes because he's a fox, so he already has padded protection

I am considering creating a new texture pack along these lines, however i'm currently working on some other projects so I can't say if / when I would have it released

I am considering creating a new texture pack along these lines, however i'm currently working on some other projects so I can't say if / when I would have it released
Nice !
Can't wait to see it !
Please inform us when it is done, don't want to miss it ! :)

I somewhere saw Aqre’s new design for the guide and Dryad, which I implemented onto skymory’s pack, making everyone have tails and ears and the Dryad and guide would be full on Werefoxes, but I kind of continued on this idea of yours, since I upgraded the Guide, and next up is either nurse or Arms dealer.
When I can, i’ll send a comparison of Re-Logic’s guide, Skymory’s guide, Aqre’s guide, and my two variants.
(So either somewhere before noon(Currently 1 hour ahead of GMT) or somewhere after 14:00(Once again 1 hour ahead of GMT))

Also i currently have one town with zoologist, Guide and Dryad, coined Werefox town, and when Nurse and Arms dealer are done i have another town of werefoxes.
Edit: What color do you think werefox Arms Dealer should have? My plans for the Nurse are to make her a white werefox color.
I’m personally leaning to a really dark orange, but I wouldn’t mind any advice.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 12.23.51.png
so here's my current progress on the nurse. Still figuring out colors on the Arms Dealer, but for the nurse the colors were rather obvious, and even part of her sprite already.

I decided to tweak the fur colors on the mechanic, the steampunker, and the stylist
Stylist's ear was out of place in her party sprites, so I repositioned that as well

1592040097032.png
1592040103383.png
(don't have the steampunker at the moment but she's cute lookin' trust me)

Just install above the original -- also works standalone

Attachments

• Were Fox Outbreak v1.2 (LF Edits).zip
    33.1 KB · Views: 189
looking at the images you added, do you use the slim player pack? and if so does the pack work fine with said pack?

Back
Top Bottom