NPCs & Enemies (WERY WIP AND INCOMPLETE PLEASE AVOID ANSWERS) Error-ful suggestion about an event type: Catastrophe

Is this a good suggestion?

• I like the concept but not the mechanics.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the mechanics but not the concept.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • NO.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • YES.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Good Ideas but bad implementatition.

• No, and I can explain you why.

• Total voters

RR

Eye of Cthulhu
I always thought about that. There are astronomic-based events. There are invasion events. So, why can't your world be scrumbled (does this onomatopheichal word exist? Can some anglophone confirm it?) by an earthquake or flooded by a tsunami?
In this post and afterwards, this color (3x10 if anyone wants to know) will mean expert mode stats/drops, and this (2x4) a random name for example. Every other color will be just for giving evidence to things.
DISCLAIMER:
I'm NOT going to make those hazards as they damage your world. That would be useless and delete the 0,013947*10^(-10)% chance of implementation. At most, they MAY be some liquid floodings(there are expert lava slimes)/meteor-style griefs. Also, like Izabelle said (I don't own any right for this phrase)... "Balance is a non-problem". The only time in Wich I'll balance is when:
1) The effect of the weapon is op/up (e.g. a 100% life-steal early hardmode weapon/a 1-stack, slow, post-golem boomerang)
2) The weapons gives a too bad idea, expecially with its particular stats, either op/up (e.g. an insanely fast speed 100 base damage 30% crit strike post-mechs gun/snail speed 110 damage no knokback dungeon-tiered knife)

Mechanics(no, not the NPC):
The mechanics will be a mixture between Moons wave-styled mechanics and event's infinite time.
Each wave will end in a set time. This mean that wave 1 of the dancing bronze elephants catastrophe will last 4 minutes, wave 2 5 minutes etc. a good catastrophe may lay between 1 and 3 in-game days. so a 1-day long calamity may have a waves duration of 0:45-1-1-1:15-1:30-1:30-1:45-1:45-1:45-1:45-2-2-? minutes, plus the bonus wave that will last ? minutes. Bonus waves can only be accessed by reaching a certain number of points (explained better underneath).
Each time you kill a monster, you will get Points. Having higher points will let you to have higher drop chances from bosses (that will NOT depend from the wave), to earn fancy achievements and to acces the bonus wave. They will pretty much be needed in order to earn some decent drops

Events:
(Double spoilers are somehow bugged so no "Click Me" this time)
I'm going to make several events:
The first, that I'll prepar just now, so please avoid spamming underneath before completion, will be the Earthquake.
The others for who I have ideas are (I'll update them hopefully if I find some more/you suggest me something to suggest):
  • Volcanic Eruption
  • Tsunami
  • Tornado
  • Global Warming
  • Glacial Era (NO, NOT THE FILM)
  • AD (Code name of the thing that I'd like to suggest as end-game PRE-LUNAR EVENTS event.)
  • Feel Free to add more!

Iiii... don't want any events that can ruin my landscape or dump fluid everywhere. Meteors are awful enough; I don't want more of them.

Intrigued but mostly resistant to the idea.

(I'm dumb so I don't know how to load drafts, and I had to post the thread late and I haven't got the time to create this first.)
The first, that I'll prepar just now, so please avoid spamming underneath before completion, will be the Earthquake
[RESERVED]
Spazmatism?

The EARTHQUAKE
This post-Wof catastrophe is the most basic one, and will start with an impending doom-like shaking of the screen. After about a minute it will display the text "an Earthquake is happening at <coordinates>". It will effect all the world bar sky, but the X coordinates (often in the same places, chosen randomly as "sismic areas" when the world generates) will be the Epycentre and the Y(In the caverns) the Ipocentre. It will last 1 day, probably with the 1-1-1-1-1-1:30-1:30-1:30-1:45-1:45-2-2-2-?+? minutes wave duration. It will obviously have the spawn rate of 20.
I have the spriting abilities of an hamster. So I won't sprite anything without a lawyer.
Enemies:
1/2 points
P-Warrior
HP: 100/200
Defense: 20
Damage: 30/60 contact
Kb resist: 30/33%
The P-warrior is very fast Fighter-ai enemy.It is as big as a zombie/mummy/lamia/medusa/lunatic cultist. It cannot open doors. immune to confused.
2/4 points
S-Warrior
HP: 150/300
Defense: 25
Damage: 35/70 contact
Kb resist: 50/55%
The S-warrior is an average speed fighter-ai enemy.It is as big as a zombie/mummy/lamia/medusa/lunatic cultist. It can open doors. Immune to confused
L-Warrior
3/6 points
HP: 200/400
Defense: 30
Damage: 45/90 contact
Kb resist: 70/77%
The L-warrior is an slow speed fighter-ai enemy. It is as big as a zombie/mummy/lamia/medusa/lunatic cultist. It can open doors. Immune to confused
Clay Golem
20/40 points
HP: 500/1000
Defense: 35
Damage: 50/100 contact, 90/180 magic
Kb resist: -5/0%
this big (4*3) and rare caster-ai enemy will fire at you enchanted clayballs that pass through walls and explode on contact, with a 10% chance of inflicting confused. It functions as any other caster for the rest of things. It cannot open doors. Immune to confused
Epicentre Warrior
8/16 points
HP: 250/500
Damage: 60/120 melee, 90/180 if charging
Kb resist: 60/66% normally,100% while charging
This sroller-like (even if obviously weaker) enemy has an higher spawn rate near to the Ipocentre. It can open doors and passes through blocks while charging. Immune to Confused and Betsy's wrath.
Ipocentre Warrior
10/20 points
HP: 300/600
Damage: 60/120 contact, 75/150 if charging
This unicorn-style enemy has the sprite of an epicentre warrior riding a brown horse, and will charge at you if at enough distance. Has an higher spawn rate near to the Ipocentre. When it dies, it spawns an Epicentre warrior at 100/200 health and with an 1-minute long ichor debuff. Immune to Confused
Nature's Guardian
60/120
HP: 2000/3333
Damage: 60/120 contact, 50/100 (stone machinegun, doubled damage over airborne players), 80/180 (geyser)
Kb resist: 100%
This 7x9 enemy looks like a possessed tank covered with ivy and moss, like if it was abandoned for centuries. It attacks by lunging at the player, firing a series of stone shards from its cannon and generating a geyser under you that causes dryad's bane debuff that does a set 9 damage.
Magnitudemperor (worse name ever btw)
130/260
HP: 3897/4500
Damage: 20/4'0 contact, 30/15 (boulderfall), 40/80 (kick), 100/200 (earthquake powerpoints)
This is the final boss of the Earthquake. It is a hovering-ai enemy that looks like a bigger granite golem, but with a different color and without arms. It also has big greenish legs. It attacks by kicking the player, making boulders fall from the sky and "concentrating the power of the earthquake" in some points under the player. All its attacks do x2 damage over airborne players.
Up

Drops:
1,5-19% Drop Chance
Dory:
The Dory is a spear, just to let you know. It is 6 Tiles long.
Earthquake blade:
Damage: 38 (melee)
Knockback: 5 (weak)
Crit strike: 10%
Use time: 8 (Insanely Fast)
Velocity: 20
Dragon tooth: This accessory Increases armour penetration by 15.
1-20% drop chance
Earthquake blade:
Damage: 40 (melee)
Knockback: 13 (insane)
Crit strike: 1%
Use time: 10 (Very Fast)
Stone Staff:
Summons homing stone shards
Damage: 40 (Magic)
Knockback: 4 (Weak)
Mana used: 5
Use time: 9 (Insanely Fast)
Velocity: 29
Ground Rifle:
Damage: 60 (Ranged)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Crit Strike: 4%
Use time: 25
Velocity: 10
x2 damage to airborne, non-boss enemies
Leaf:
Summons a pet Bonsai
Book of Earth
Summons a clinger-style mini-earthquake (4*1), that damages enemies that walk over it. can only be summoned over solid blocks.
Knockback: 1 (Extremely weak)
Mana used: 17
Crit strike: 5%
Use time: 30 (Average)
Clay golem: 1% Chance to drop "Clay gun" novelty item. Works like water gun, but auto-firse a stream of clay that inflictsa "Clayed", a vanity wet-like debuff that has got a brown color[.
Up
Hope that you enjoyed and sorry for being late, but I had some health problems in the past days

Can now post: feel free to CAPS me that I am a dumb idiot!

can now post

Last edited by a moderator:
(I'm dumb so I don't know how to load drafts, and I had to post the thread late and I haven't got the time to create this first.)

Spazmatism?

The EARTHQUAKE
This post-Wof catastrophe is the most basic one, and will start with an impending doom-like shaking of the screen. After about a minute it will display the text "an Earthquake is happening at <coordinates>". It will effect all the world bar sky, but the X coordinates (often in the same places, chosen randomly as "sismic areas" when the world generates) will be the Epycentre and the Y(In the caverns) the Ipocentre. It will last 1 day, probably with the 1-1-1-1-1-1:30-1:30-1:30-1:45-1:45-2-2-2-?+? minutes wave duration. It will obviously have the spawn rate of 20.
I have the spriting abilities of an hamster. So I won't sprite anything without a lawyer.
Enemies:
1/2 points
P-Warrior
HP: 100/200
Damage: 30/60 contact
Kb resist: 30/33%
The P-warrior is very fast Fighter-ai enemy.It is as big as a zombie/mummy/lamia/medusa/lunatic cultist. It cannot open doors. immune to confused.
2/4 points
S-Warrior
HP: 150/300
Defense: 25
Damage: 35/70 contact
Kb resist: 50/55%
The S-warrior is an average speed fighter-ai enemy.It is as big as a zombie/mummy/lamia/medusa/lunatic cultist. It can open doors. Immune to confused
L-Warrior
3/6 points
HP: 200/400
Defense: 30
Damage: 45/90 contact
The L-warrior is an slow speed fighter-ai enemy. It is as big as a zombie/mummy/lamia/medusa/lunatic cultist. It can open doors. Immune to confused
Clay Golem
20/40 points
HP: 500/1000
Defense: 35
Damage: 50/100 contact, 90/180 magic
Kb resist: -5/0%
this big (4*3) and rare caster-ai enemy will fire at you enchanted clayballs that pass through walls and explode on contact, with a 10% chance of inflicting confused. It functions as any other caster for the rest of things. It cannot open doors. Immune to confused
Epicentre Warrior
8/16 points
HP: 250/500
Damage: 60/120 melee, 90/180 if charging
Kb resist: 60/66% normally,100% while charging
This sroller-like (even if obviously weaker) enemy has an higher spawn rate near to the Ipocentre. It can open doors and passes through blocks while charging. Immune to Confused and Betsy's wrath.
Ipocentre Warrior
10/20 points
HP: 300/600
Damage: 60/120 contact, 75/150 if charging
This unicorn-style enemy has the sprite of an epicentre warrior riding a brown horse, and will charge at you if at enough distance. Has an higher spawn rate near to the Ipocentre. When it dies, it spawns an Epicentre warrior at 100/200 health and with an 1-minute long ichor debuff. Immune to Confused
Nature's Guardian
60/120
HP: 2000/3333
Damage: 60/120 contact, 50/100 (stone machinegun, doubled damage over airborne players), 80/180 (geyser)
This 7x9 enemy looks like a possessed tank covered with ivy and moss, like if it was abandoned for centuries. It attacks by lunging at the player, firing a series of stone shards from its cannon and generating a geyser under you that causes dryad's bane debuff that does a set 9 damage.
Magnitudemperor (worse name ever btw)
130/260
HP: 3897/4500
Damage: 20/4'0 contact, 30/15 (boulderfall), 40/80 (kick), 100/200 (earthquake powerpoints)
This is the final boss of the Earthquake. It is a hovering-ai enemy that looks like a bigger granite golem, but with a different color and without arms. It also has big greenish legs. It attacks by kicking the player, making boulders fall from the sky and "concentrating the power of the earthquake" in some points under the player. All its attacks do x2 damage over airborne players.
Up

Drops:
1,5-19% Drop Chance
Dory:
The Dory is a spear, just to let you know. It is 6 Tiles long.
Earthquake blade:
Damage: 38 (melee)
Knockback: 5 (weak)
Use time: 8 (Insanely Fast)
Velocity: 20
Dragon tooth: This accessory Increases armour penetration by 15.
1-20% drop chance
Earthquake blade:
Damage: 40 (melee)
Knockback: 13 (insane)
Crit strike: 1%
Use time: 10 (Very Fast)
Stone Staff:
Summons homing stone shards
Knockback: 4 (Weak)
Mana used: 5
Use time: 9 (Insanely Fast)
Velocity: 29
Ground Rifle:
Damage: 60 (Ranged)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Crit Strike: 4%
Use time: 25
Velocity: 10
x2 damage to airborne, non-boss enemies
Leaf:
Summons a pet Bonsai
Book of Earth
Summons a clinger-style mini-earthquake (4*1), that damages enemies that walk over it. can only be summoned over solid blocks.
Knockback: 1 (Extremely weak)
Mana used: 17
Crit strike: 5%
Use time: 30 (Average)
Clay golem: 1% Chance to drop "Clay gun" novelty item. Works like water gun, but auto-firse a stream of clay that inflictsa "Clayed", a vanity wet-like debuff that has got a brown color[.
Up
Hope that you enjoyed and sorry for being late, but I had some health problems in the past days
Can now post: feel free to CAPS me that I am a dumb idiot!
can now post
@RR, please don't spam a thread with useless posts. Even if you created the thread, we have rules about double (and triple) posting, as well as rules about posts needing to be quality on-topic posts.

If you have more to say and you're the last person to have posted, please edit your post instead of sending through more posts. Given that, however, your last two posts weren't necessary at all. I've merged all three of these posts into one.

Let me know if you have any questions - you can send a private message to me by clicking 'Start a Conversation' link under my avatar at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom