What’s the weirdest things you do in your worlds?

Benjellyman

Torch God
One weird thing I always do that is crazy inefficient is I let basically the whole world turn to crimson, then I clentaminate it away and put the corruption in the world to basically stop the spread of the the crimson… which makes no sense whatsoever. But it’s fun to me to watch

I like to build random things everywhere! If i see a cool mountain, i will make that mountain look COOLER and probably also be able to protect me and my friends.

I'm taking my sweet sweet time on a large master singleplayer world, and there are little buildings and hideouts everywhere! Some don't even have walls ........

maybe this isn't weird, but I never see anyone else doing that

I like to build random things everywhere! If i see a cool mountain, i will make that mountain look COOLER and probably also be able to protect me and my friends.

I'm taking my sweet sweet time on a large master singleplayer world, and there are little buildings and hideouts everywhere! Some don't even have walls ........

maybe this isn't weird, but I never see anyone else doing that
Tbh thats actually cool not gonna lie

Didn't realize this until maybe 1.4 hit, but I have the tendency to let the World itself, decide what my playthrough will look like. For example, in 1.3.5, when it was still possible to spawn in the Tundra Biome, I created my first ever Fishing Village.

Later on, my Character at the time, "Cap'n Blunderbuss" ended up eking out the potential of 1.3.5 Frostburn Weaponry, something I'd rarely touch up until that point. Though as we all know today (in 1.3.5), it wasn't a very dependable debuff to rely on, it was still very fun trying my best to make it work, ended up being minorly ice themed in the end, swapping all else for Frost-themed Vanity Sets.

I'd say this is likely the reason I know so many obscure things about the game today, going where the wind takes me, and likely why I noticed the new and improved environmental storytelling that 1.4 added, if you pay attention, there's quite a bit of lore and in-game hints laying around, arguably on the level of something like Elden Ring (though I'd totally understand if this was seen as a reach).

Lastly, I used to have the tendency to ignore Heart Crystals, as I didn't care much for adventuring anyhow, and would normally just store them for my more brave and adventurous friends. Didn't really focus much on health until maybe post-Mech, but typically made Characters powerful enough to not really notice the lack-there-of.

I'd say that's changed only slightly in 1.4, due to Master Mode and ForTheWorthy, but I could easily see myself doing this kinda stuff again if I spend more time on the surface than I do digging, but with some Special Seeds still left to explore, might not be any time soon. 😏 🤷‍♂️

I put insane amounts of effort into making minecart tracks that span the entire underworld. They don't even look good, they're just a straight line.

Also, like the person above, I tend to collect things unnecessarily.

Also, my storage spaces tend to end up the exact same general format. Every. Single. Time.

One weird thing I always do that is crazy inefficient is I let basically the whole world turn to crimson, then I clentaminate it away and put the corruption in the world to basically stop the spread of the the crimson… which makes no sense whatsoever. But it’s fun to me to watch
I build very large platforms across my entire world to make other biomes accessible more easily. It’s a waste of time given how long it takes to mow through the desert, but it looks cool.

Hi,

I don't know why I still do it, but for some worlds, I build arenas above my NPC houses.

I also never reuse placed campfires, and instead waste resources to craft new ones. (Remember to recycle and reuse both in-game and out-game!)

I also don't build NPC houses (other than the guide's house) until late pre-hardmode.

Taking three stacks of blocks and building a one block wide pillar as high as I can
Most of my worlds have 5-7 of these

Back
Top Bottom