What are some bad weapons you like?

I feel like the ghastley glave is really cool but in the wrong point of game and is kinda trash
it also takes a while to get
1613839052772.png

1614778353718.png
Blow Pipe. It’s auto-fire, which is great because I can’t aim and shoot at the same time. And free ammo. What’s not to love? But hardly anyone appreciates its charm. Even before it got a use time buff I’ve always loved and used it.

View attachment 310595 Blow Pipe. It’s auto-fire, which is great because I can’t aim and shoot at the same time. And free ammo. What’s not to love? But hardly anyone appreciates its charm. Even before it got a use time buff I’ve always loved and used it.
True. I may add that it is even useful in early-HM, when you dont have obtained a proper dart weapon yet (not a joke). Crystal darts for stunlocking enemies underground, ichor darts for debuffing

Mace/Flaming Mace. These things are surprisingly good early game especially with pumpkin armor for the extra 10% damage. Speaking of which, pumpkin armor is very underrated, I’d rather use pumpkin over like a metal armor like platinum, only problem is the fact that it’s post EoC, which means you’ll likely only use it against EoW or BoC. Point is, use the flaming mace and the pumpkin armor together

Mace/Flaming Mace. These things are surprisingly good early game especially with pumpkin armor for the extra 10% damage. Speaking of which, pumpkin armor is very underrated, I’d rather use pumpkin over like a metal armor like platinum, only problem is the fact that it’s post EoC, which means you’ll likely only use it against EoW or BoC. Point is, use the flaming mace and the pumpkin armor together
Don’t know if those are really considered bad, but yeah those are great. Not much to say versus bosses where you should use something with more range, but they’re among the best choices for early game exploration.

Not sure how most feel about the Nail Gun 🤔🥤:
  1. I rarely ever hear about it at all.
  2. It doesn't fit the typically architype of "powerful Ranger weaponry" I often see posted.
  3. It's not your typical "full-screen butter-gun".
Wherever it falls on the weapon tier, it's always been one of my favs.
The Nail gun > Stynger everywhere with the exception of the OOA event.
In the Pumpkin Moon, it is better by about 15% due to dmg per-hit, and slightly better aganst single-target
Not user-friendly vs lunar events, but hey, just use the Snowman cannon, don't cripple yourself

Edit: the explosion radius is not an issue, it is possible to stick nains over a large area, and dmg is significally better than Stynger's shards

Not sure how most feel about the Nail Gun 🤔🥤:
  1. I rarely ever hear about it at all.
  2. It doesn't fit the typical architype of "powerful Ranger weaponry" I often see posted.
  3. It's not your typical "full-screen butter-gun".
Wherever it falls on the weapon tier, it's always been one of my favs.
I love the nailgun. Getting a delayed explosion that hits like a truck makes it so satisfying to use against bosses, and it's fun to send the nails flying everywhere when they kill enemies. I think the only reason it isn't popular is because of how it's damage has a significant delay before it shows itself.

I really like both the Inferno fork and the Shadowbeam staff, and think that the Shadowbeam is slightly better. Have recently spent 40 mins to test them

Golem: a tie, hard to aim with slow fireballs, Shadowbeam has lower DPS, but is consistent at hitting the head/body

Pumpkin, Frost moons: started at 7.30, results for 12.00.
Shadowbeam, PM = wave 11, 87%
Inferno, PM = wave 11, 64%
Shadowbeam, FM = wave 11, 12%
Inferno, FM= wave 10, 4%

Duke fishron: Inferno is 5 seconds faster (1.21 vs 1.26), but it is safer with the shadowbeam, as it instantly kills bubbles and easier to use at long range.

OOA Tier 3: Shadowbeam a lot better, but still not enough. (use at least the Staff of Earth)

So is the Shadowbeam a better choice?
Probably.

You may argue that Inferno does a lot more single-target damage (65 base* 6 = 390 vs Shadowbeam's 240). Absolutely true. The main issue here is Spectre Mask bonus.
It gives +500 dps, so if your normal loadout doubles the weapons' dps, the Shadowbeam has ~1000 dps vs 1300 of Inferno. Not that huge, and it is compensated by instant hits and autofire.
+ Way easier emergency healing with the spectre hood.

They are behind almost everything. Resonance Scepter combines both instant hits and lack of flat area being necessary. Staff of Earth destroys them in terms of DPS, the Wasp Gun is more reliable. Heat ray, Spectre Staff are also miles better

Is Lunar portal staff considered a bad weapon? Because if so, then definetly the LPS. I always loved weapons and abilities that allow you to copy enemy attacks (or enemies that copy player abilities), and having your own miniature death ray? Heck yeah. It's also actually pretty decent at keeping enemies off of the player. Not that keeping things off of yourself is needed post-ML... But it's still fun to see it pick up and yeet a group of baddies in one swoop.

Is Lunar portal staff considered a bad weapon? Because if so, then definetly the LPS. I always loved weapons and abilities that allow you to copy enemy attacks (or enemies that copy player abilities), and having your own miniature death ray? Heck yeah. It's also actually pretty decent at keeping enemies off of the player. Not that keeping things off of yourself is needed post-ML... But it's still fun to see it pick up and yeet a group of baddies in one swoop.
It is the worst ML drop, even iconically bad. Does literally nothing compared to already obtainable weapons and often prevents the true death ray/Zenith materials/ranged stuff from dropping
(5 portal staff dropped out of 8 ML killed)

Rainbow crystal is better in any case if we consider ML sentries
A cool looking one, but that's it

I remember getting a mandible blade and only using that for a while lol
that thing swung pretty fast though.

Back
Top Bottom