PC What are some good mechanisms that i should try to construct?

I am trying to figure out mechanisms to put on my main world but i have no clue, i have a dart machine gun. A mushroom and glowing mushroom farm and a semi auto tree farm. any ideas are appreciated

A couple of Multi-Surface Farms, one on the surface for farming surface enemies, and another one in the cavern layer (underground works too). Great for farming rare drops. They don't have to be as fancy as the one in the video. Take a look at the base build schematics, that's all you need for the most part.

A Truffle Worm Farm (the one by ZeroGravitas might be easier to build though). And once you are done with the Duke, you can sell the worms to get a lot of money.

Wow, finished already? Well there's the Fishing Complex, if you haven't done much fishing already. Pretty easy to build too. And if you don't have any liquid generators already, it can be used for that too.

There really are tons of things to build, from farms to arenas. What are you interested in?

mainly farms (but useless machines are funny too), i prefer the automated experience but im not great at making my own designs
also thanks for the suggestion im done the fishing complex,

Last edited:
If you play as a ranger, then the 3 in 1 Farm by DicemanX is very useful. If that's not your cup of tea, then check out his other creations. You will find most of these in the Terraria Guides section of the forum. The T-MEC section was added relatively recently, so it doesn't have as many contraptions as the Guides section.
Other members have also posted useful contraptions there, if you dig a little.

As for useless machines... :p

make a teleporter network to all of your towns and bases
Yeah, that is a good idea.

Preferably start building it as soon as possible (before hardmode if possible). You can start building as soon as you have the mechanic. While you won't have access to teleporters until aquiring the steam punker, you can lay out wire while the world is still relatively calm.

I usually lay out a wire some distance above the surface along the entire width of the world before entering hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom