PC what are the best mods for terraria?

Bery

Terrarian
hello, I want to install the mod on terraria. what do you think are the best modes?

I could list a myriad of Quality of Life mods, but I'll just mention some content mods and certain QoL mods for now:
Calamity (Good for a modded, expansive feel.)
Thorium (Good for a vanilla, yet expansive feel.)
More NPCs (Don't remember the exact name it'll have the green potion icon. There is a lite version which has less NPCs, though I just use it, so I wouldn't know what I'm losing lol.)
Wing Slot (oh my god it's amazing)
Magic Storage (Complicated, but solves so many storage problems.
Fargo's Souls Mod (For your inner Masochist. This one is iffy with other mods, especially if you install all it's DLC.)
Recipe Browser (Guide on the Go!)
etc.
The list goes on.

In terms of large content mods:
Thorium- is good for a first impression of modding. It adds a lot at all progression levels, is balanced well, and doesn't take away from the base game.
Shadows of Abaddon- Similar to Thorium, although not as expansive in terms of items, good balance.
Enigma Mod- Very unique bosses and mechanics. Not a /ton/ of content, but fun and stuff! On the more difficult side of things.
Calamity- This mod adds a lot of stuff, bosses, enemies, items, a few new biomes, and a tiny bit of lore to it. Not very well balanced, and most of the difficulty comes from disabling vanilla mechanics. Usually wrecks other mod content due to how it "rebalances" everything. Also adds in multiple toggleable difficulties.
I've also heard that Split mod is similar to Thorium in the sense that it offers a wide variety of balanced content throughout the game without messing other stuff up. Haven't tried it myself though.

QoL:
Magic Storage- A must! Saves you from hunting through chests for items. Makes crafting easier.
Boss Checklist- Helps keep track of and guide progression through the game.
Fargo's Mutant Mod- Spawns NPCs that sell items that summon bosses you've killed, and also event-summoning items. Adds items to speed up house building.
Cheat Sheet- Can make you invincible, kill everything, spawn any item, other cheaty stuff like that. Also has a nice copy+paste tool to speed up building.

Combat Enhancers:
The Star's Above- Adds gimmicky weapons, neat passive buffs, and "ultimate skills" of sorts, all unlocked with regular progression. Also a cute anime girl to talk to.
Clicker Class- Just adds a new weapon type and playstyle that involves clicking on enemies. It's better than it sounds.
Joostmod- Adds a few unique weapons, bosses, and minibosses.

I could list a myriad of Quality of Life mods, but I'll just mention some content mods and certain QoL mods for now:
Calamity (Good for a modded, expansive feel.)
Thorium (Good for a vanilla, yet expansive feel.)
More NPCs (Don't remember the exact name it'll have the green potion icon. There is a lite version which has less NPCs, though I just use it, so I wouldn't know what I'm losing lol.)
Wing Slot (oh my god it's amazing)
Magic Storage (Complicated, but solves so many storage problems.
Fargo's Souls Mod (For your inner Masochist. This one is iffy with other mods, especially if you install all it's DLC.)
Recipe Browser (Guide on the Go!)
etc.
The list goes on.
In terms of large content mods:
Thorium- is good for a first impression of modding. It adds a lot at all progression levels, is balanced well, and doesn't take away from the base game.
Shadows of Abaddon- Similar to Thorium, although not as expansive in terms of items, good balance.
Enigma Mod- Very unique bosses and mechanics. Not a /ton/ of content, but fun and stuff! On the more difficult side of things.
Calamity- This mod adds a lot of stuff, bosses, enemies, items, a few new biomes, and a tiny bit of lore to it. Not very well balanced, and most of the difficulty comes from disabling vanilla mechanics. Usually wrecks other mod content due to how it "rebalances" everything. Also adds in multiple toggleable difficulties.
I've also heard that Split mod is similar to Thorium in the sense that it offers a wide variety of balanced content throughout the game without messing other stuff up. Haven't tried it myself though.

QoL:
Magic Storage- A must! Saves you from hunting through chests for items. Makes crafting easier.
Boss Checklist- Helps keep track of and guide progression through the game.
Fargo's Mutant Mod- Spawns NPCs that sell items that summon bosses you've killed, and also event-summoning items. Adds items to speed up house building.
Cheat Sheet- Can make you invincible, kill everything, spawn any item, other cheaty stuff like that. Also has a nice copy+paste tool to speed up building.

Combat Enhancers:
The Star's Above- Adds gimmicky weapons, neat passive buffs, and "ultimate skills" of sorts, all unlocked with regular progression. Also a cute anime girl to talk to.
Clicker Class- Just adds a new weapon type and playstyle that involves clicking on enemies. It's better than it sounds.
Joostmod- Adds a few unique weapons, bosses, and minibosses.
wow you have so many mods.

Back
Top Bottom