What are the terraria tiers?

CutieMonica

Terrarian
So im a spriter, and i want to challeng myself to make sprites for the ENTIRE missing parts of the throwing class, so i wanted to know if my tier list for terraria progression is correct, because i wanted to make throwing weapons for the whole of it, heres the tiers ive made so far

Starting overworld (already completed)

Underground (partially completed)

Dungeon

Hell

Hallow & corruption/crimson

Mechanical/hallowed bars

Jungle exploration (Plantera and golem)

Lunar/luminite

I personally think its complete but i dunno, thats why im asking for help

Last edited:
There isn't really an official set of tiers that are defined in game with how weapons are grouped together. It is more of a subjective thing to define tiers and the list you have looks fine for your purposes as long as you understand it yourself.

The game defines "rarity" levels for items based on the item's name's color. Which ranges from the colors white/green/blue all the way to Cyan/Yellow/Purple at the endgame. So one could take this to represent the "official tiers of items" ingame for Terraria, but it is much easier to define your own tiers in my opinion as you have done here.

I define the Tiers of Terraria items as the list I have below:
  • Ore Tier (Items gotten around the beginning of the game & ores such as copper/silver/gold)
  • Shadow Tier (EoC/EoW items from the Corruption/Crimson and items gotten from Jungle & Dungeon)
  • Hell Tier (items from the Underworld)
  • Early Hardmode (Items gotten from Cobalt/Adamantite. The new Hardmode enemies and Hallow Biome)
  • Mid-Hardmode (Items gotten from beating 1 Mech Boss up to Plantera. Such as Life Fruit, Solar Eclipse, also includes the Hardmode Jungle & Underworld)
  • Late-Hardmode (Items gotten from Golem, Duke Fishron, the Holiday Moon Events, the Hardmode Dungeon, and Martian Madness)
  • Luminite/Endgame (Anything gotten from Lunatic Cultist, the Pillars, and Moon Lord)
Hopefully this will help with what you were asking for. If it doesn't help, let me know and I'll try to explain/help better if I can. :dryadsmile:

I find it most convenient to divide the gear progression as such:

Pre-Hardmode I: Copper/Tin to Gold/Platinum; Before EoW/BoC.
Pre-Hardmode II: Corruption/Crimson, Meteor, Goblins; Between EoW/BoC and Skeletron.
Pre-Hardmode III: Dungeon, Jungle, Hell; Between Skeletron and Wall of Flesh.
Hardmode I: Wall of Flesh, Pirates, Cobalt/Palladium to Adamantite/Titanium; Between Wall of Flesh and Mechanical bosses.
Hardmode II: Mechanical bosses; Between Mechanical Bosses and Plantera.
Hardmode III: Plantera, Golem, Dungeon; Between Plantera and Duke Fishron.
Pre-Endgame: Duke Fishron, Martians, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon; Between Duke Fishron and Lunatic Cultist.
Endgame: Lunar Pillars, Moon Lord; After Lunatic Cultist.

The stuff within the tiers is listed with no particular order.
There's a lot of miscellaneous stuff that falls somewhere within those categories, I just covered the major gear groups. Some of the stuff I listed, particularly concerning Pre-Hardmode, can be done a bit out of the order I listed (such as Skeletron as your first boss), but it's within the general idea of when you can be expected to do some things, as well as the general level of power.
The Pre-Endgame tier is entirely skippable, if you find the Lunatic Cultist easier than the contents of that ungodly boss-rush of a tier.

Last edited:
Welp, heres progress so far on the weapons!
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom