Console What are you doing to prep for the console 1.3 update?

A Tub of Butter

Terrarian
As many of you are aware the 1.3 update is fast approaching, a few delays here and there, but it seems we are in the home stretch! To keep a positive vibe, and increase hype, I want to ask the console community what they are doing to prepare for the 1.3 update? Are you going in guns a blazing with all of your top tier gear from 1.2.4 or just using a few starting items for gear? Are you stocking up on items to build a spectacular base to start with? Are you starting fresh? If so, do you have a particular play-through in mind? (Sharing images or videos are more than welcome, be sure to use a spoiler tag as to not bloat the thread with images and videos though!)
I know some of you are new to the forums so to create a spoiler in your post, you type [spo1ler] your inserted images or videos here [/spo1ler], replacing the 1 with an i in both. It will not show your spoiler tags when previewing your post, so post and if you did it incorrectly, you can just edit your post afterwards to correct it.

Personally, I am almost starting completely fresh, planning to do a pure summoner play-through on expert. I am bringing one lone item with me, the slime staff. I created a farm a few days ago after finding a slime statue, about an hour and 40 minutes later finally got one! One a side note acquired some bombs while I was at it with a bomb statue statue to sell in an attempt to reforge the staff, ended up with a "Superior Slime Staff".
9-30-2017_5-08-38_PM.png
9-30-2017_5-04-29_PM.png

Last edited:
You should work on getting the Ocram Mask and Trophy because these will be unobtainable when 1.3 comes out. The remaining masks and trophies you have anywhere in your world will be "Legacy Items" and will sell for nothing and are, frankly, really cool to show off. You could be like, "Hey, I played long enough to have defeated the mighty Ocram."

As far as preparation goes, I'm planning on farming souls of blight like crazy. I just need to farm more adamantite for it. What's the best console fishing setup for the best chance at higher tier crates (only other way to get adamantite afaik)?

Oh my god, we've been waiting for ages. I watched a yt stream like last week and they said they weren't going to give out a date yet. But don't quote me on that.

I plan on gathering a plethora of materials and using my best toon to effectively build a brand new world once 1.3 hits.

As weird as it sounds and a clear lack of convenience, I want my NPCs spread out across the world in different biomes with their own unique buildings & decor.

Gonna have an RPG-Lite world & I imagine it'll take a long time to prep it for a new toon.

I plan on gathering a plethora of materials and using my best toon to effectively build a brand new world once 1.3 hits.

As weird as it sounds and a clear lack of convenience, I want my NPCs spread out across the world in different biomes with their own unique buildings & decor.

Gonna have an RPG-Lite world & I imagine it'll take a long time to prep it for a new toon.
You know that the 1.3 update is bringing pc sized worlds yes? I mean, it sounds pretty sweet what you'e doing, but if you wait till 1.3 to build an rpg lite world you'l have twice the world to work with.

You know that the 1.3 update is bringing pc sized worlds yes? I mean, it sounds pretty sweet what you'e doing, but if you wait till 1.3 to build an rpg lite world you'l have twice the world to work with.

I believe Hybridizm is waiting, but gathering materials now, so he can build a new RPG lite world when the update hits, at least that's what I gather from his wording at the end.

What are your plans when 1.3 releases MoeHolyGhost? Are you starting fresh, bringing in certain items, sticking to a particular build, planning to play normal or expert, ect.?

Last edited:
I believe Hybridizm is waiting, but gathering materials now, so he can build a new RPG lite world when the update hits, at least that's what I gather from his wording at the end.

What are your plans when 1.3 releases MoeHolyGhost? Are you starting fresh, bringing in certain items, sticking to a particular build, planning to play normal or expert, ect.?
I definitely need to update my pvp arenas with bubble traps. That'll be day one.

I'll also be emptying out a large world with the mining mount and building a custom world. It's going to take a huge amount of time, but hey, isn't that the whole point?

That's what I'm doing.

I'm gathering materials now and I'll then build a world with those mats once 1.3 hits, not prior to it's release.

When the 1.3 update comes out, I'm going to start completely fresh and start an expert mode world to see how I fare against the new boss and enemy updates and I'm also going to be focusing on building a little bit more than I do now with the new blocks, updated looks for current ones, and new type of walls since that's something I don't normally do.

To answer the question of a specific playthrough I'm going to do when it comes out, I'm really interested to see what a yo-yo playthrough would be like since not a large amount of people think of that class! Overall, 1.3 is going to be a lot of fun to play with!

I am getting all of the console exclusive items to put on display as my main goal. I have also tamed both the Hallow and corruption and build an easy and fast transit system for the lunar event. Other than that, I've just been getting hyped up and adding a few improvements here and there!

Back
Top Bottom