What are you most excited for in 1.4?

maxbees

Official Terrarian
Just thought it would be fun to hear what other people like about the update!
Mine is probably the new final sword or the bestiary =]

YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS.

Aside from making in-map travel much, much easier, the fact is that their whole U.I can lead up to a very… -Vania experience, and that's literally the first idea that came to mind: making an unreasonably big castle and then slamming my NPCs in whole different areas of it.

Dungeon? didya mean The Sewers?
Forest? Ah! The Inner Garden!

It can lead up to so many types of thematic adventure maps I'm just shaking my fists in excitement like a kid waiting to get out of the car because they're already in Disneyland's parking lot and they can already see their favorite character waving hands at the public.

Bah, it's like choosing between children. :p

But seriously, a question like this can't be taken lightly. I'm taking into consideration the fact that modding can take many of these changes and do their own thing with them. Journey Mode's options can be handled by Jopojelly's Cheat Mod or the HERO mod, for example. Golf is something new and proprietary to the engine so that probably can't be modded in. Even the Void Vault thing can be simulated by just having that multi-purpose floating storage combination thing from the LuiAFK mod (RIP) so that's not as much of an issue either.

What I'm most looking forward to is Block Swap. That can't be simulated nearly as easily in a mod, except for that one mod... what was it.. Builder's Toolbox? Vipix mod? Something like that. They have one pickaxe that lets you swap two tiles, but it's not perfectly clean. What I'm VERY much looking forward to in terms of the Block Swap feature is swapping out a chest without having to extract all of the items in the chest then put them back in the same order. That's going to be SooooOOOOoo handy for me. If you saw my centralized chest storage area, you'd understand why. I distinguish them visually not only by labels, but by all kinds of appearance. I've got TONS of chests and I definitely use each individual visual style of chest to the best outcome.

Plus, being able to define my entire town layout just with dirt alone is going to be great. I tend to lay a lot of foundations nice and early on, and walling off my towns with just dirt lets me focus on making houses without needing to already have a ton of Stone Slabs to form the walls of the town. I just use dirt, and can move dirt around easily if needed.

I heard that there's going to be something from Tangled, what if it's the "Beautiful Bullet H-E-double hockey sticks @Cenx mentioned? The Hallow doesn't have any type of boss yet, except for the biome mimic, and Corruption/Crimson have those too, so a boss for the Hallow makes sense.
Journey mode. I think it will be epic. I do spot a flaw though. How will you get anything crimson or corruption if you have the other one? One of the Devs said that there will be a way to have Crimson as well as Corruption, and vice versa, but the key of night works depending on the evil biome. Will you just not be able to, or will you have to find a naturally spawned one?
Oh, and the Ruler is now a UI option instead of a item, so that will be nice. Way easier to measure.

I heard that there's going to be something from Tangled, what if it's the "Beautiful Bullet H-E-double hockey sticks @Cenx mentioned? The Hallow doesn't have any type of boss yet, except for the biome mimic, and Corruption/Crimson have those too, so a boss for the Hallow makes sense.
Journey mode. I think it will be epic. I do spot a flaw though. How will you get anything crimson or corruption if you have the other one? One of the Devs said that there will be a way to have Crimson as well as Corruption, and vice versa, but the key of night works depending on the evil biome. Will you just not be able to, or will you have to find a naturally spawned one?
I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Back
Top Bottom