What are your favorite sections in the game's progression?

Favorite section in the game's progression (Select two):

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samrux

Santa Claus
You may select two options from the poll.
My definite most favorite part is the Hardmode Dungeon. Bring those skeletons and casters, and make them know my fury
index.php
(or get killed by them merciless)
My second is the pre-hardmode corruption and crimson. Preparing and defeating the Eater or Brain is amazing.

Last edited:
I just love the but after defeating the mechs when you realise you're easily strong enough now to take planters and the golem.

And I just love the whole pre-hardmode. Fighting yourself through the crimson, exploring your first parts of the underground, needing to be careful with every step you take and being happy about each chest you find ... that's a nice feeling.
As soon as I get my hands on the hardmode items I just feel overgeared.

Last edited:
I try my best to do everything pre-mech bosses as fast as possible. Currently I'm trying to skip jungle, corruption and dungeon entirely. My favourite part is probably everything after one mech boss, because that's the game section "Where the fun begins: Now you're strong enough to not die to everything the game throws at you!"

I can't use your definition of the different stages of the game because then a third of them would be my favourites, each excelling in a different aspect, but boring in another. Like the moon event stage: You have absolutely nothing to do during the day!

Corruption and Crimson bosses are necessary and fun, even if they aren't very difficult, also Plantera is a good challenge, unless you over-prepare

The entirety of pre-Hardmode is really good. Nice sense of progression, bosses last long enough to fight you but don't overstay their welcome, and the Dungeon is a really good experience your first time entering it.

Early Hardmode feels like the weakest point of the game, there needs to be something to do before the mech bosses other than just rush T1 ore > T1 Pick > T2 Anvil > T2 Pick > T3 Forge > Armor but it's really difficult to try and think of something to fit into it.

I always loved pre-HM jungle and dungeon, expecially before 1.2. The first because it gives you the feeling of constant danger and that forces you to be extra careful. jungle caves are developed vertically, so if you fall down, you become marmalade (sure, now there are a lot of chances to get a grappling hook, but before 1.2 it was another story) also is full of poisonous enemies. The dungeon because it's the place where you can find a lot of good stuff ( water bolt <3 ) and you usually have to earn it (find the keys, avoid the skulls that can curse you and skeleton mages, fight hordes of monsters and F*** off those useless -for you, of course- spikes).

First time in the Dungeon is my favorite part of the game. Definitely more-so since its 1.2 revamp. Exploring new areas and collecting treasure is exciting for me, but sadly it's not as fun the second time as there is no new place to explore and you spend a lot of time grinding. The first time, you don't just defeat enemies, but search around for chests for their contents.

Second favorite is probably the cavern, near the beginning of the game, however it can also be one of the more frustrating parts of the game, depending on if you can find cave systems and chests. Later in the game you're mostly focusing on weapons and armor only, but at this part of the game you're also on the hunt for grappling hooks, magic mirrors, your starting crafting stations, life crystals, and simple accessories like hermes boots or climbing claws. That, and the sense of exploration, just like in the Dungeon. Just isn't quite the same when you're exploring areas already explored. Stuff just starts feeling spawned in rather than being discovered, and isn't the same feeling anymore.

In Prehardmode, you have an adventure through most of the world, wonder what the purple spiky things are for, and you get a rush from fighting a particularly easy boss with low end gear. Then when you get the Night's Edge, you can reflect upon what and where you've done and been in one item;
-Light's Bane / Blood Butcherer (Your terrifying encounter with the Eater or Brain, extracting it's remains to form the sword)
-Blade of Grass (Your adventure throughout the jungle, falling into constant peril with poison damage, and getting the precious spores)
-Murumasa (Probably the coolest sword obtainable Prehardmode, reminds you of your combat with the seemingly easy Skeletron, only to enter the difficult dungeon)
-Fiery Greatsword (You've made it to the Underworld, and maneuvered around lots of lava to get the hellstone equipment)
And get one of the best melee weapons with your memoir of Prehardmode with the True Night's Edge, combined with the euphoria you achieved after defeating your first mechanical boss and getting Excalibur, the almighty Terra Blade.

Early exploring in the caves. When each new chest is exciting. Finding a huge chunk of gold or platinum for the first time. Getting a blessed magic mirror. That awesome sound of adding life crystals to your health bar.

Probably the section after defeating the EoW/BoC, because that's when you begin feeling truly powerful, only to get crushed by HM.
Also, fighting the mechs is fun. They have plenty of variety in their patterns, which means having to plot many different arenas.

two options aren't enough! I like the firsts adventures in underground, where every item is useful, and every chest you find it's actually a big treasure and the quest to defeat the mech bosses

I'm guessing the EOC is somewhere in between the second and third stages. That is one of my favourite parts (defeating him) because it gives you demonite or crimtane ore which can be used to make lights bane or blood butcher. I feel like this is the first point where you are progressing.

My other favourite part is exploring the dungeon pre hardmode, although I usually do this before the jungle.

Jungle for the first one, as I just like the place...

The second is toss up with the first two, even though I checked the second one. I Generally am in this era at all times most of the game... At least on the world I intend to build on.

I like the underground just as much as the cavern layer, so that is the reason it is a toss up. The surface is same way in comparison. So all of it of those two are my favorite, since I consider that pretty much linked together anyhow. going between each a lot in the beginning.

With a world that goes into hardmode, which would be a separate world I plan from the beginning to do so; I would be already to just dash to make it hardmode. So I guess in those worlds tango with the terrain itself would be the favorite. Battle to keep each the hallow and corruption at bay and not consume the jungle.

I just love the first feeling when you start Terraria, and I also love that moment when you first start Hardmode. Both just make you feel great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom