DISCALMAIR: I am not trying to offend anyone. I just want people's opinions

What are your feelings about terraria journey’s end
5 Best update in terraria
4 Its a really great update
3 Its ok
2 It didn’t meet my expectations
1 It ruined the game

And explain why you choose that option

It adds tons, but nerfs/buffs the worst things. Weakened Daedalus Stormbow, and the the death beams from the Saucer and Moon Lord go through blocks.
Although I generally dodge the beam.

I like it, but there's some stuff that I dont really like, like the Reaver Shark nerf; it's not something a new player is going to encounter, and even if they did, I think it's great to give players a way to progress through the game a different way. After all, Terraria is not a strictly linear game.
Now, they nerfed it to oblivion, now it's pretty useless considering how rare it is. At the very least, they should have buffed it's speed to compensate.

Master mode, for me, was a dissapointment. In theory it's great (an even higher difficulty than expert, considering how many changes expert has over normal, is pretty hype), but all they did was give every hostile npc some steroids. It turns the game to a chore more than a challenge. The exclusive relics and pets are amazing, though. Thanks, but no thanks, I'll stick with expert.

Blockswap is a G O D S E N D. Makes building much more comfortable.

Texture pack support is nice, gotta give some time for a bunch of texture packs to appear.

I don't mind Journey mode, it's creative mode but not really. Too much of a chore to research everything.

I like the new visual changes, makes the whole world feel alive.

NPC happiness and the pylons are a nice thing, though it's a shame pylons dont work on the lunar event. Teleporters for the win! I also would like it so, like luck, npc happiness can't be negative, so if you want to make every npc happy you can do it, but if you cant be bothered with it, you should not get penalized. Forcing the player to build npc houses a certain way on a sandbox game is a big no-no for me, but it's not a big deal.

I also love how they made Tmod an official DLC. This will lengthen Terraria's lifespan indefinitely.

Before Journey's End released. 1.2 was my favorite update. With the Journey's End update. It is no contest that Journey's End is my all time favorite update. 1.2 I still think was the most important update for Terraria overall, but what Journey's End adds makes me very satisfied with Terraria as a whole.

The surface reason being that it is Terraria's final major update. The bigger reasons for me are the addition of the Bestiary. I always love it in games when they provide a log book or Monster Guide feature that allows you to understand the various different creatures you face. The Bestiary delivers on that very well by giving information on each monster in addition to monster stats and their drops.

The next biggest thing is the Void Bag & Void Vault. Before 1.4. I still had many problems with my inventory getting full the moment I explore a cave system. Most of the time I would have to go back to base very often to empty inventory. With the Void Bag, I can explore and not need to worry about emptying my inventory every minute. It is a big game changer. I can explore a cavern for an hour or even longer before I need to go back to empty inventory.

Journey Mode is my new favorite way to play the game. I enjoy being able to research than duplicate any item I get. It allows me to really experiment with building like I never have before. In Normal and Expert Mode. I would be reluctant to use materials like iron/gold for building incase I need them for more tools/ other utility items. The duplication feature eliminates that worry and allows you to play how you want. You can make the game easy with godmode, or you can up the difficulty to Expert or Master and increase enemy spawn rates to make the game even harder. It is fun having all the benefits of Journey Mode along with the things unique to Expert and Master Mode all in one.

Many weapons have also been re-balanced along with the wing system as a whole. It feels like everything fits in its place better. While the nerfs to things like the Reaver Shark, Daedalus Stormbow, and Frozen Wings might be disappointing to other people, they make the game far more balanced and enjoyable overall.

There are a lot of other things I love aside from those, between the Empress of Light & Queen Slime, Block Swap, expanded Lava Fishing, Master Mode, and the graphical improvements to the environment like lily pads and cattails in water. I could go on and on, but I will stop here. Journey's End was the best final update to have for Terraria in my opinion and manages to be one of the best updates to a game ever.

1.4 is a good final update, but it isn't the best. Personally, I believe 1.3 was the best update with 1.2 being the 2nd best. 1.4 added some nice finishing touches to the game and enhanced progression. It did not add any major bosses, events, or new tiers of progression, and it didn't need to anyway

I truly think the new QoL features are the best thing about this update; these including: block-swap, the Void Bag, and pylons.

One of my most favorite features is the luck factor. It is a small touch to the game but has such a wide pervasive affect in the game, most apparent in the obtaining of items.

I don't mind the new buffs/nerfs, in-fact, I feel like it is quite incomplete at the moment. Many items including the Dao of Pow, Blood Crippler, Blood Thorn, and Nettle Burst still need buffs or changes. I really don't like how the Yo-yo class feels like an inferior sub-class of melee, especially in the late-game with the Terrarian being vastly overshadowed by the Zenith.

I really enjoy the new world changes they added in 1.4 including: oases, ocean tunnels, the revamped underground desert, the new shining moss, and the massive mushroom biomes.

I like the texture changes, the visual flare and animations added to the background, and the new environmental improvements they added to the game as well.

The new blocks/walls in the game (especially Echo Block) is quite nice for builders.

Journey Mode is a nice feature, but feels quite unpolished. I wish items were better organized, and I hate scrolling down a long list of items that are barely related.

The Bestiary is a cool addition, but is tantamount to the addition of achievements, adding no real features to the game besides a method to obtain the Universal Pylon.

Currently, Master Mode feels quite vapid, only making regular mob NPCs harder to deal with and adding some decent items.

I like the addition of EoL and the challenge it provides, but fighting it isn't really essential to the progression to the game. I would argue that fighting QB or Duke FIshron is more important than fighting EoL, the former giving great weapons/equipment and access to an NPC while the latter provides very useful weapons. I do not think EoL drops (with the exception of the Terraprisma) are so good that they warrant fighting EoL after Plantera or before ML. QS is a useless boss and there is no real point in fighting it.

Last edited:
Pretty much everything about it is appreciated besides a few things, though I'm especially a fan of the QoL changes, new mini-biomes, music, BGs, aesthetic improvements and NPCs, it makes the game feel more living and connected. If I had any gripes it would be that I'm generally not fond of the balancing (Reaver Shark murdered, Meteorite moved post-EoW/BoC, can't stack Celestial Shell components, fishing nerfed in general) and I don't appreciate how my favourite biome, the Underground Ice, was reduced in size only for them to increase the size of one of my least favourite biomes in the Underground Desert while making it even more difficult to explore. Can't think of much other than that, it'd largely be nitpicking.

It was a really nice update, I think update goodness goes like this:

1. 1.3
2. 1.4
3. 1.2
4. 1.1 (the main feature was mechs which are kinda eeeh, all the updates were good tho)

I love the bestiary, the balancing is great (Rest In Progression Skip you stupid reaver shark), empress of light is the BestBoss™ and block swap is beautiful.
I'm not a big fan of the rolling cacti though, they make my life pain.

QS is a useless boss and there is no real point in fighting it.
*Hook of Dissonance and Gelatinous Pillion intensify*

Back
Top Bottom