What are your least favourite additions to Terraria?

RealSaucer

Skeletron
Terraria has seen a lot of big updates over the years, and most additions and changes have been really great for the game! So good, in fact, I have a hard time finding bad things about them. That is, however, exactly what this thread is about. What additions or changes in Terraria do you dislike? Speak away!

In my opinion, splitting off throwing from ranged was really unnecessary. It just created another class noone asked for while Summoner was, and still is, unfinished and unbalanced. It just added more weird unfitting assymetry.

Last edited:
In my opinion, splitting off throwing from ranged was really unnecessary. It just created another class noone asked for while Summoner was, and still is, unfinished and unbalanced. It just added more weird unfitting assymetry.
It opens up more possibilities for equipment and play styles. I would like it filled out in some manner, either by returning it to a sub class and adding some items to it or by giving it a full expansion which isn't likely to happen.
sky lakes. there could be a floating island but instead a sky lake is there
They're there to make fishing quests in the sky much easier.

The cultist (spawn place).
After you defeted Plantera the golem is close by and easy to do. You got the key to the temple, so there is no reason to go in the post-Plantera dungeon.
After you defeted the Golem the cultist will spawn at the dungeon entrance. If it's the first time you play the game you might kill them. So in the end you defeat the moon lord first before you notice there is something new in the dungeon.
There is something missing in the stroy between Plantera and the Golem. The small text hint which is shown is not enough. With the cultist update this issue got much worse.
Plantera shouldn't drop the temple key anymore. It should drop something whichs allows you only to craft keys for the dungeon biome chests. In those chest should something to open (maybe craft it first) the jungle temple. And the golem need to be stronger.

(Also the Celestial Tower are very boring to fight against)

the crimson. it's OP and just makes more additions harder, as whenever something is added to the corruption, there needs to be a crimson version as well. it should just be a separate biome, not a replacement IMO.

also, lifesteal.

... making Crimson/Corruption able to convert mud into dirt...

Seriously. F*** this arbitrary threat to my Jungle Paradise nonsense.

It opens up more possibilities for equipment and play styles. I would like it filled out in some manner, either by returning it to a sub class and adding some items to it or by giving it a full expansion which isn't likely to happen.
The very fact that they're not planning to do anything more with the "Throwing" subclass is kind of a huge point in favor of regarding the breakoff as un-necessary...

Parties and throwing stuff.

Parties lag the hell out of my world, only give vanity items, and can be started at random. Throwing is just ranged, nothing more, but a whole lot less.

I'm actually really curious as to what makes you not like it.
Doing the same lunar event all over, fighting the same boss over and over to collect the materials to make the legendary gear, whose use is making you op, since there will be no other challenge to use it, is quite a tiresome grinding, and if the character dies while fighting the moon lord, you can add 1 to the lunar event count, unless you spend some fragments on making a sigil.

Doing the same lunar event all over, fighting the same boss over and over to collect the materials to make the legendary gear, whose use is making you op, since there will be no other challenge to use it, is quite a tiresome grinding, and if the character dies while fighting the moon lord, you can add 1 to the lunar event count, unless you spend some fragments on making a sigil.
Yeah having to do all that over again is tedious. I'll admit that.

Pinata bosses. Basically Plantera and everything proceeding therefrom. I don't have a problem with the bosses existing, really, I love a good fight. It's just the way they're pinatas that contain only gear and only potentially the gear you want. There's a disconnect with the rest o the game at this point - there's no crafting station involved, no exploring to find components out in the rest of the world. You simply go from home to boss, pummel them until you have what you want, move on to the next. Or just wait at your house for them to show up for you.

The Golem. Easily one of the most useless (especially now that the Moon Lord fight was added) and abusable bosses in the game.

My least favorite change was the mass block graphic change way back when. Especially the mud bricks. However even saying that, at least some of them improved, and my mudstone bricks finally look more appealing.

As to Addition, I would have to say fishing, as that is something I am not really all that fond of in any game; just not my activity of choice. I don't mind that it was added, just not my activity type of thing; even if the boxes could amount me in plenty of resources to build with. Suffice to say I do it on occasion just for the boxes and quests.:dryadsmile:

Back
Top Bottom