Casual What are your skills?

Warpshard

Empress of Light
Simply put, what are some things that you are good at? Things such as being a fast runner, good at playing the guitar, or handling children.

For myself, I am excellent as memorization. Over the years, I've memorized countless Transformer names, every U.B. Funkey I've ever had, characters in shows I watch, etc. It makes taking Foreign Language classes in High School (German, for any of you wondering) much easier, where it's nothing but memorization. I'm also good with small children, considering that I've had to help raise three.

What about you?

Nerdy as it may sound, I'm decent at competitive Pokemón battling. (I prefer Smogon Singles over VGC, but that's my opinion. I mostly play LC)

Many people write Pokemon off as a fun kids game that you play just to have fun, but I'm gonna explain why it's an art that isn't really as easy as it may look. Competitive Pokemón goes much deeper and is actually pretty skillful & fun (besides Freeze and Sleep, screw those)

Competitive Pokemón is about 60/40 between Teambuilding and Skill/Mindgames. A lot actually goes into building a competitive team of six critters. Say you start off with a Scizor. Do you want it to be an offensive Life Orb set, a bulky Defog set, or a Mega set? After that, how do you want to allocate your EVs? Ho will you pair with Scizor to cover his weaknesses, counter threats, and beat the meta? The battling part is actually a huge hing to consider. In Pokemón, there are often times when you need to look several turns ahead to make the correct moves. Mind games are especially prominent too when it comes to this. "Should I use Bullet Punch to kill Sylveon, or should I predict the switch and Swords Dance?" These decisions alone can win or lose games.

RNG is probably the only thing that detracts from the skill of Pokemón. Paralysis and Confusion are annoying and boil your turns down to coin flips, I'll give you that. However, most of the RNG heavy elements like Freeze or HJK missing are pretty rare.

/rant over

TL;DR I'm okay at Competitive Pokemón, which is harder than most people give it credit for

I'm also not that bad at Soccer (Football, for those outside of 'Murica)

Holy :red:. you used to play u.b funkys to (to bad they got cancelled)

My talent is making digital music even though I have only made online flash makers.

Also recently I have gotten extreme luck and got the bunny mount reaver shark 52 master bait and a chaintooth shark and 6 gold crates from a 25 minute fishing session+angler drops.

Well, I'm good at liking cats, so thats gotta count for something... aaaaaaaaaand this thread is long dead, isn't it.

I won a Chess Tournament when I was very young and had just learned how to play the game several months before the tournament began. I'd say I'm skilled in Chess, but I'm not super advanced as I still lose to higher leveled Computers ( 6/10 difficulty is the highest I've been able to beat a few times on most Chess A.I.) and very skilled players.

Then I'd guess I'm skilled in Tae Kwon Do which I got a 1st Degree Black Belt in which took about 3 years to get.

Other than that, mainly just RPG Video Games and Platformers. I don't know what other skills I might have if I have any.

I guess I'm good at the trombone for my age. Maybe making memes. I'm decent at platformer games.

That's pretty much it, so I'll make a list of things I've tried but failed at:
  • Smash
  • Pokemon against other humans
  • Basketball
  • Chess
  • Writing stories
  • Art
  • Recorder/xylophone when I was in elementary school
  • Almost everything else

I used to be good at Math when I was at primary school, I even represented the school to attend the Olympiad Maths Competition in Singapore. (I didn't win though, still a great experience :p) I'm still good at it now, though I felt that it may have become a bit rusty, especially when we started learning quadratic equations. (Ugh...)

I also play chess, but not for my school (maybe soon, chess selection's coming soon).

My talent would be to be mediocre at about everything i do... i quickly get past the be awful and bad stages in things then get stuck at mediocre forever.

Not really a talent when you think about it...

I can do armpit farts really well, I can control the pitch, tone, add vibrato, make it sound dry or moist, I can act and have about 10 years of stage experience and that's about it. In video games I demolish people in mortal kombat (2011)

Music, I guess. I am also not bad at football (soccer) but eh. Music is my main hobby I develop the most.

Writing and poetry for artistic skills. A good fighter (mostly self taught) and dancing for physical skills. Quick ability to learn and good memory for mental skills. Those are my main skills. To give some examples, respectively. I write a book, even though it's progress is halted at this moment, also write poetry and take part on contests, I can also come up with poems on the spot, if inspired enough. I am able to beat people twice my size and am agile on dancing, my body memory is good as well. I also learn things on the first explanation, most of the time at least, and my memory is good on point of people saying it's "photographic memory" which I don't believe exists. Anyways, sorry if I sound arrogant on this.

Last edited:
Uhm...
  • Making things adorable
  • Maybe art a little
  • Apparently poetry too
  • And maybe writing smutty short stories *thinks back to that one time*
  • I'm smartish
  • Some types of video games
  • reading upside-down or backwards or both

I can:
  • herd livestock Border Collie-style, using "the eye"
  • convert clients' money into software, music/audio, graphics, and video at fair rates
  • spot four-leaf clovers without trying, often three to ten in a square meter
  • poke Blue Slimes with a Copper Shortsword until they go splatch
I'm also available for mall openings, birthday parties, and bar mitzvahs. Try the veal!

Hmm... My talent is weird. It's a sort of mental creativity. I have a good skill with writing, but this is weird.
When i get an idea, it clicks, and spreads into several other possibilities. In my mind i can see several different things.
This helps me with writing my books, and creating good story content with deep lore. I observe things, and my mind
trails to many different outcomes.

Back
Top Bottom