What are your Terraria Headcanons?

The Corruption and the Crimson are, ironically enough, simply invasive ecosystems, meaning that they aren't any more evil than, say, a forest. Meanwhile, the Hallow was created by some sort of precursor for warfare, which engineered it specifically to not look dangerous. Eventually, it ended up destroying them.
The Lihzahrd seem to commit living sacrifices according to the background items. Whether they attack the PC to sacrifice him/her, for trespassing, or anything like that is ambiguous, but I'm sure that, if they attack in self-defence, they do so preemptively, as they are hostile even if you don't attack them and go out of their temple.
The Golem isn't a protector. Plantera is the temple's actual guardian, explaining why the latter can easily be stronger outright and also why the latter drops the Temple Key. It is, in fact, the opposite: The Lihzahrds are trying to protect it, as they both worship it AND use it to make weapons, explaining why barely any weapons dropped by it reflect any of it's attacks.
The reason the martians only invade if their probes spot the PC is because they try to take out ANY possible threats to them, but don't want to destroy planets that can be inhabited as they are rare and/or they are yet to develop orbital bombardments, as they would have a lot less casualties if they simply carpet-bombed the Terraria world.
The game is actually after an apocalypse of sorts, but the world has mostly been rebuilt, with some sort of nanofactories becoming commonplace, which is why the NPCs never run out of stock (They basically use some of the PC's coins to make their merchandise, and keep the rest as payment). They only sell some items in certain situations as a marketing strategy (Ex: The Arms Dealer doesn't sell Silver Bullets all the time in order to make the PC buy as many as possible while trying to make them last until he sells them again, and he doesn't sell the Shotgun before HM because, if he did, the player wouldn't bother with the Minishark).
Amusingly enough, the precursors implied above are the actual creators of most magic artifacts in the game. Said artifacts aren't really magic though, they are very advanced tech, with the crafted magical weapons being actually based on ancient schematics. The PC doesn't actually KNOW why they work.
The Dryad is actually a fool who suffers from a "if it isn't cute and adorable, it isn't good" mindset, which, combined with her lack of knowledge about the Hallow, is why she encourages the player to spread the Hallow even through it is worse than the Crimson/Corruption. It is also a similar reason why the NPCs are willing to live in the Hallow, but not the Crimson.
The Angler is actually a ghost that knows that the PC can't harm him in order to be able to get away with being so obnoxious that he would have been killed already otherwise (In fact, it is HOW he ended up as a ghost in the first place).
The Cultists are actually controlled by the Moon Lord, who uses them to syphon energy off the world, which is why he attacks you for killing them.
The Celestial event enemies, except for the pillars, are nothing more than mindless drones used by the Moon Lord as a means of gathering resources from worlds. The pillars themselves are basically living portals/factories used to create them on the spot.

Last edited:
There's my head canon about pillars.
I have a life, I just had nothing better to do in a car trip

But first: I imagine them as races, 4 strongest races in galaxy, which got Audience with the Moon Lord himself.
I think it would be more interesting to imagine them not just moon inhabitants. Also, sometimes I refer name of pillars as name of Planet, sometimes - the aggregate of all the inhabitants.
So let's start with Vortex.

Vortex home planet is placed in rather dangerous area in the Galaxy – near several massive black holes. Because of them, planet’s atmosphere is rather unstable – storms, lightings without rain, e.t.s.
Vortexians like technology, they think that this is what highest races should do. They are like Sheldons Coopers of the galaxy. But this obviously can not involve some obsession - obsession with bugs. Well, this is rather reasonable. They are half bugs; alien hornets are their pets and war units. They also have Mother Larva (reproduction).
Other bugs, however, have their own Queens on the planet. But having symbiosis with lowest creatures in evolution tree clearly doesn’t stop them from being smart. They makes a lot of cool technologies, could easily ride the power of lightings, storms or even antimatter!
One of their newest inventions - compact portals which could be used to sent war hornets to the enemy's planet. But old fashioned Pillar is still the best invading tool, for sure.

What they think about others:

Solar creatures are pretty much animals in their eyes. They hate them with passion, but even more hate them, when Vortex needs their help.

Nebula. Vorthexians have complicated feelings about them. They have really strong minds, maybe even stronger than Vortexian’s, but they doesn't use it for good (read: for science).

Vortex doesn't understand that. And honestly, they are little jealous, because Nebula guys got cool psychic powers and Vortex - didn't.

Stardust. Vortex's closest race. Stargazers often use their help to make new stuff, since Stardust race doesn’t have much experience in science. Vortexians likes offering help to Stargazers, since they like being useful. What they don't like, how Stardust actually uses technologies for useless stuff. But Vortexian leaders think that it is okay. One day, they will understand.

Now Stardust. Stargazers are the newest members in Moon’s Crew.
Luckily, their race was born in the richest place in galaxy - in dust between stars, in Milkyway lake. After short audience with Moon Lord, Stargezers started to think about expanding their territory.
But they are not that smart like Vortexians to create robots or power suits. Nor they have amazing physic or psychic abilities. Clearly Stargazers need help.
Thankfully, Milkyway lake got a lot of different, weird, but still cool creatures, who agreed to help them. Why? No one really knows. Maybe because of Moon Lord’s influence, or because Stargazers and other stardust creatures are blood related (milk related (seriously I should stop joking about milk)), or maybe they are just nice people.
Whole Milkyway lake were taken in really short amount of time. Other three races saw that, found that Stargazers had conversation with Moon Lord and included Stardust republic in Galaxy soviet.
So, what now? Well, since expansion was finished really fast, there's still not much of actual stargazers, only several millions. Stargazers, just like people, can’t reproduce themselves really fast.
So they still use a lot of modified stardust creatures. Most of their war technologies actually came from building and other spheres (basically, the opposite of human progress)
Flow invader, Milkyway Weavers, Star cells are just battle versions of things that Stargazers use in everyday life. What do they do in everyday life, thought?
Well, they got a cool place to hang out! You can find any kind of Stardust hotel in Milkyway Lake. Star Fishing, recreational centers, milk delivery services (that is the important part (I won't stop joking about milk)).
For enormous amount of money that Stargazers get, they are buying new technologies from Vortex, more neat stuff from Nebula and some tough materials from Solar creatures.
Stargazers think that it is okay to ask help from friends, this is what makes you stronger, not weaker. Stardust feel about other races essentially the same, and essentially good.
Stargazers like nerdy Vortexians, tough Solarians and weird Predictors. The only one race Stargazers hate - Martians. Seriously, no one likes those jerks.

If you like it, I will write about Nebula, Solar, Martians and the Earth.
Can you write about Nebula, Solar, Martians, and the Earth?

Here is my cannon.
Cannon.png

In my headcannon all of the worlds you make are just little pieces of land that are all cut off from each other by big rivers, though once civilisation reaches the time they get to flying vehicles, they start to connect with the other pieces of land.

The land where a Terrarian on spawns is a newly formed piece of land, and once they reach endgame, the more advanced countries decide to test them. (MM event)

The land where Jerion 'Wyverntamer' Kràl comes from is the most advanced piece of land of all of the continent, with advanced technology to keep infections out, and stable teleportation methods, though, what the inhabitants, the Terrans, don't know, is that the reason there are no more terrarians being born is because there is only one per country, and their leader is an immortal one.

Terrarians are the people who arrive second on a piece of land, and their reincarnations, there always is only one per country, though other Terrarians can visit other lands, there will only be one Terrarian who will always reincarnate there. Terrans are the normal people on Terraria.

That's it for Terraria related lore, though Jerion's lore goes far beyond that. (What happened to the gods, to the kingdoms, to magic)

I have a theory about the muramasa sword from Terraria. The reason why it was locked away in the dungeon is because the muramasa is actually a sword filled with dark energy from another world. The story behind this was during a long time ago, where a battle between the warriors of light and dark were still war, the lunar cult needed a weapon of strong, dark magic. A weapon to finally defeat the warriors of light. One of the cultists suggest that he go to another world known as Grand Gaia (sorry if I'm making a Brave Frontier reference). The cultist also said that they had the strongest weapons, which had the strength to defeat the light. The lunatic cultist had sent him out to the depths Grand Gaia to obtain the strongest weapon they have. The cultist had set out to the depths of Grand Gaia to search for the strongest weapon, but instead he went to a place only he knew... Ishgria... There he met Shushui, a god of war, and made a deal with him. The deal was if he'd give a piece of his sword to him, the cultist in return would slay all the humans in the land. So when Shushui gave the piece of his sword to the cultist, something was wrong when the cultist had received the piece, he felt a strong surge of power force right through him... As soon as he went out of Ishgria, he fused the shard with his own katana and had slayed both humans and gods alike (since there was a god war in Grand Gaia). He had become ruthless and bloody. A spirit of light had heard the news and went to Grand Gaia to assassinate him and lock the sword away. The spirit had gone to Grand Gaia and had locked the sword away in the chest, which couldn't be opened. But the lunar cultists had found a way to open the chest and had locked away the sword in the dungeon guarded by the cursed old man. Even though the sword never had a name, they called it "Muramasa", because he made cursed swords.

END OF THEORY!!

The mechanical bosses were created like this:
You go through the world, defeat the Eye of Cthulhu, the Eater of Worlds, and Skeletron. But, these creatures are extremely powerful and don't die that easily. Their souls are left lingering, unable to actually affect the world until you go and smash a demon altar. The spirit of light rewards you for destroying a strong source of power for the corruption, blessing your world with new minerals. But this sends a wave of Hallowed energy across your world, which the mechanical bosses' souls use to make a new body and get their revenge. Why did you think they were made out of Hallowed Bars?

Part 1: Year: 8135, its the post apocalyptic future, due to many changes over about 2000 years magic now is real, about 500 years ago there was a god that took pleasure torturing the earth from the moon, his name was cthulu, you know every monster in terraria, they were all once part of cthulu (with exceptions) what happened to him? Ill cover that first, once apon a time there was a little human, his name was red, red grew up during the years cthulu was in power, red grew up haying cthulu, he wanted to slay him, red lived in a small town some people that lived there had strange lifes and jobs such as a pirate, a dye trader, a little boy that liked to fish. One day red thought about overthrowing cthulu for what he did, what he did you ask? Well cthulu burnt his whole town to the ground after the little boy refused to worship him, red gathered all the survivors and told them to get him the strongest and strangest materials they could find, thus, he created the terra blade, named after the one that was tocthuluring peace to all, but alas even he could not kill cthulu using all his strength red called apon cthulu and he appeared in front of red, red knew he needed help so he called apon those he called those from the village with the exception of the little boy together they slayed cthulu, or so they thought cthulu exploded into a million pieces landing everywhere, all of them went home, all but 1 red stayed there as he felt the universe spoke to him and awarded him for freeing the world from the evil monster, he was awarded the power of the gods and ascended where no one could hurt him, after time he allowed people to help him make the world a better place, he called thwm the devs, but something lurked in the shadows, with the power of the moon itself, someone ought to to tell them that... Impending doom approaches. That concludes part one of many more (typed on a phone)

The planet that we inhabit, IS Cthulhu, and we thrive on his remains that are very much alive in some places, rotting in others. All the while, we must defend him from everything seeking to cause him, and inevitably, us, and harm.

I like to think that the Moon Lord killed Cthulhlu, causing the Crimson and possibly the Corruption, also scattering Cthulhu's body parts around the world.

Time to fix what a couple of you reading my previous headcannon posts thought about, see when i said we know this already about cthulhu being good, since i had not known much about lovecraftian horror at the time i had not thought about this, now that i have at least gotten a summary f Cthulhu i have com back to tell you that in this universe, the universe of terraria, Cthulhu is an entire different entity but the creator,red,decided to name his guardian after Cthulhu from the Lovecraft universe. there. i have laid that to rest

honestly my level of knowledge about most things is low but i do believe that- Guide: "you've been gone for a while and have an urge?" ummm... yea. Guide: ";(:confused::eek::rolleyes::sigh:" I know i know i've done about 10 headcanon continues but i need to finish this up, clarify, resolve, and resonate."

Cthulhu: Retrieved file 909: cthulhu is basically just a spider of death now. guardian of earth, built with energy of light and dark.

Corruption: the least explained, corruption is the process in which a monster or planet becomes evil due to the moon lords power, can only be donw on purpose, however, the strength of the corruption can lapse, vary, increase temporarily, and cause severe side \effects to the body, since the moon lord is the best at this technique, his body degrades minimumly, and into a lovecraftian horror style beast. the side effects of the corruption can also cause the user to retreat into a shell of themselves, this is different for everyone and the most varying effect of all.

Crimson: the variable in the strength of a corruption, crimson can form an area on a planet, or an strength/deformity on an entity. the most well known cases of this are the crimson biome, and the brain of cthulhu.

the creator and universes?: i mentioned this earlier when i was clearing up the lovecraftian horror mistake. my explanation was that cthulhu from the terraria universe and the lovecraftian cthulhu are different entities and the creator just named and took inspiration for it from the lovecraftian universe, yet i never explained why he could even know that cthulhu exists, see as an explanation here i shall tell you that the reds blade mentioned in the hero's story is actually capable of dimension hopping, seeing as the creator created the first ever red's blade, he used it many times to watch things in other universes, and took interest in cthulhu.

Plz don't kill me, Az123terra out

Whoa! This one's gonna be a doozy; prepare yourselves, everybody!
  • The game's universe was made one billion years before our normal universe.
  • Terrarian got its name and power from Player, who fought the Moon Lord and lost with his soul residing in the yoyo. He did so in order to prevent the soul from falling into the wrong hands; making him a good guy in the process.
  • The game itself is a test by the developers for the Players so they can be sensible and responsible defenders of all living things.
  • The toys and fan creations are actually characters and items you recognize which are produced as is so they can make it out in our world and others to come.
  • Another note about Player, he was born sometime in 1986; having the mean of the Couple Spinks' ages kept in mind.
This is the beginning with expansions to be expected. Good day, everybody! :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom