What are your Terraria Headcanons?

one more describing the biomes!

corruption: corrupted lands designed to make the world balanced

Crimson: serves the same purpose as the corruption being it's bloody counterpart

Hallow: we know this from the last thread

Purity: pure lands. the original

Jungle: protection. lihzard base and plantera home.

snow biome: created to slow spread of crimson/corruption in case the wall of flesh falls

desert biome just a place that marks that your possibly close to the dungeon!

beach and ocean: the edge created by the god behind it all to stop the player from invading worlds he is not invited to.

The sky/ space the top bits of the world.

the under world: home to the wall if flesh and many evil people who died down here...

And finally the granite/ marble biomes: places where small amounts of evil and light respectively live!

and that's the end of terrarias lore. tell me if there are any biomes bosses or bits of lore you think i missed!

EDIT: That's the end on MY take on terraria's lore!!!!

Last edited:
Good idea. Came up with this theory before 1.3, but the moon Lord is perfect for it.
My guess is that the Moon Lord was imprisoned on the Moon long ago, but as his chains weaken (and eventually are shattered due to the Cultists), he is able to regain his control over his domain, slowly, allowing him to cause horrors like the Blood Moon, Solar Eclipse and the Holiday Moons.

You break into their base, slaughter their entire species, destroy their Golem before it's finished, and take the altar to make a Golem farm so you can acquire unlimited health potions.
YOU CAN PICK UP THE ALTAR?!?!
*ahem* I always thought the Angler was evil. In his dialouge he says "Yes! The plan is almost complete! HeHeHe!" When you return a fish sometimes. So I was thinking that somehow he had a plan to make you summon Duke Fishron so he could take over, but you kill the Duke. This is a very stupid thought though XD

Adding to my earlier sentiment that the Moon Lord is a corpse inhabited by a vile, celestial parasite, what if the Moon Lord is only RECENTLY dead, and with his last bit of strength he summoned you to the world in the hopes that you could kill the parasite after it took over.

"My mind fades. The evil gnaws at me from within and soon I will be gone. If this ruthless parasite goes unchecked, the entire cosmos will be at stake.

But there is a plan. A hope. A tiny spark of ingenious creativity, and overwhelming, untapped potential. This will be the key.

I will call them here. They will not know why they are here, but their natural curiosity... their thirst for adventure and their drive will push them to explore. Create. Fight. Evolve.

With the last of my strength, I call forth an even greater power.

It is all I can do, now..."

Moon Lord, shortly before calling the Terrarian to this plane of existence.

This will be updated later on if I have the activeness:

-The Tax Collector seemed to be the only one that knows the Guide can transform into the Wall of Flesh, but he was then was possessed, so he couldn't tell anyone else

-The Moon Lord isn't a real thing, but just a hallucination. After days taking down the Pillars, the player then gets a bit tired, eyes become tired, and he starts seeing fuzzes, and then, he thinks the Moon Lord comes down to the world.

-The Cyborg might have came from the Otherworld (Terraria Otherworld) to tell the player to keep an eye on the Corruption, so then he sells the player Rockets Is, IIs, IIIs and IVs to destroy the corruption. He also sells Night Vision Helmets to help him see through the darkness of the Corruption

-The Goblin Army might also be against the Corruption, since they invade your world after defeating a Shadow Orb, which might weaken the Corruption. So they attack your world, hoping to take over.

I believe recently I had some theory where the Lihzahrd were actually worshipers of ancient Martians who visited long ago and left Golem as a gift. Meanwhile, there was a cult dedicated to the Moon Lord elsewhere, which is where the sun motif in the temple came from, an opposing symbol. The dungeon would have been created as a place of lovecraftian horrors and sacrifice. The Moon Lord would have been an enemy to the Martians, since the pillars don't involve them at all. Golem and the Lihzahrd were too much for the cultists as the Lunatic Cultist wouldn't have had much power yet. In modern Terraria, the temple has ended up deep in the jungle. When you go into it and destroy Golem, a signal is sent to the modern descendants of those ancient Martians, who have long forgotten what on that world was important to them. The cultists also realize that Golem is no longer around and come out of hiding, and begin worshiping the Moon Lord in front of the dungeon once more. This was, however, a serious mistake on their part.

Eldritch Abominations, you see, don't give a damn about being worshiped, or don't comprehend it. If they do, they aren't aware of our existence. Their worship of the ancient entity really got them nowhere. The only one to really benefit was the Lunatic Cultist, who has been siphoning power off of the sleeping Moon lord like a parasite. When the Lunatic Cultist dies, he attempts a cry for help that wakes the Moon Lord up from his long slumber. The Moon Lord is immediately furious at being awakened, and sends his pillars to silence the planet. When the pillars are destroyed instead, he goes to that world in person. When he arrives to the world, it isn't to destroy the one who murdered his cult. He doesn't give a damn about them. All he cared about was that someone destroyed his pillars, and the entire planet was going to suffer the consequences.

I believe recently I had some theory where the Lihzahrd were actually worshipers of ancient Martians who visited long ago and left Golem as a gift. Meanwhile, there was a cult dedicated to the Moon Lord elsewhere, which is where the sun motif in the temple came from, an opposing symbol. The dungeon would have been created as a place of lovecraftian horrors and sacrifice. The Moon Lord would have been an enemy to the Martians, since the pillars don't involve them at all. Golem and the Lihzahrd were too much for the cultists as the Lunatic Cultist wouldn't have had much power yet. In modern Terraria, the temple has ended up deep in the jungle. When you go into it and destroy Golem, a signal is sent to the modern descendants of those ancient Martians, who have long forgotten what on that world was important to them. The cultists also realize that Golem is no longer around and come out of hiding, and begin worshiping the Moon Lord in front of the dungeon once more. This was, however, a serious mistake on their part.

Eldritch Abominations, you see, don't give a damn about being worshiped, or don't comprehend it. If they do, they aren't aware of our existence. Their worship of the ancient entity really got them nowhere. The only one to really benefit was the Lunatic Cultist, who has been siphoning power off of the sleeping Moon lord like a parasite. When the Lunatic Cultist dies, he attempts a cry for help that wakes the Moon Lord up from his long slumber. The Moon Lord is immediately furious at being awakened, and sends his pillars to silence the planet. When the pillars are destroyed instead, he goes to that world in person. When he arrives to the world, it isn't to destroy the one who murdered his cult. He doesn't give a damn about them. All he cared about was that someone destroyed his pillars, and the entire planet was going to suffer the consequences.
This is a really interesting take on that, and also references the real-life theories that aliens influenced ancient human civilization. I like it a lot!

This, actually makes alot of sense

This is a really interesting take on that, and also references the real-life theories that aliens influenced ancient human civilization. I like it a lot!
Reptilians are also a factor. Making it so that reptilians worshiped martians is like conspiraception.
im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

The Martian Probe hangs around the outer areas of the map. Why?

I think the Martians might be looking for water. Over time, the once utopian Mars has become dry and uninhabitable with the aging of the sun (actually real science theory) but the resiliant Martians kept themselves and some other species alive. They send Probes to Earth and other possibly water-filled space rocks to try and scan for an abundance of water. Upon detecting life, the probe warns the Martians that the water is being shared. The Martians take a look and see a thriving ecosystem and proceed to send a troop to eradicate the problem. Upon arrival, they see you. You are a major threat. All soldiers and weaponry are turned on you so they can take over without a hitch. Unfortunatly, you are too strong and the Martian troop is killed. But they dont give up. They know there is water there and they will not stop looking.

The Martian Probe hangs around the outer areas of the map. Why?

I think the Martians might be looking for water. Over time, the once utopian Mars has become dry and uninhabitable with the aging of the sun (actually real science theory) but the resiliant Martians kept themselves and some other species alive. They send Probes to Earth and other possibly water-filled space rocks to try and scan for an abundance of water. Upon detecting life, the probe warns the Martians that the water is being shared. The Martians take a look and see a thriving ecosystem and proceed to send a troop to eradicate the problem. Upon arrival, they see you. You are a major threat. All soldiers and weaponry are turned on you so they can take over without a hitch. Unfortunatly, you are too strong and the Martian troop is killed. But they dont give up. They know there is water there and they will not stop looking.
That's kind of sad. I'd totally share my water if they didn't send their Saucers at me D;

i believe someone said that the moon lord is cthulhu's brother?

from what i understand, a majority of the game's lore is up for interpretation. many people have their own theories as to what is happening and why.

edit: i was beaten to the punch. and then beaten with the punch.

A long time ago the first beings to come into existence were the Cthulhians. They were the wise and omnipotent overseers of the universe.

As the eons dragged on, however, the Cthulhians began to dwindle in number. The "Moon Lord" was the very last of them, and all too late did he discover the reason for the plague that wiped out his people.

A parasite. A grotesque and vile creature that fed on the energies of the mighty Cthulhians and grew in strength with each one felled. It would soon reach it's final stage of maturity.

But there was one hope.

A species immune to the viral parasite and it's plaguelike omnipotence.

Humanity.

From across the cosmos. Time, and space, and with the very last of his incredible power, Moon Lord called the Terrarian and other humans to his world, a world that would challenge the Terrarian and force them to grow in wisdom and strength, so that they might become powerful enough to fight the monster the Moon Lord was soon to be. The monster that he would become once the parasite had full control and was ready to unleash the vast, cosmic power at it's disposal.

You are the Terrarian. You are the last hope for the universe.

</overblown fantheory>

Ok... Moon Lord being the "brother" fits. I had a theory going before i experienced the new end-game, but was waiting to post because I wasn't sure if it would crumble or not

Considering Crimson... It's a living biome. Considering all of the "cthulu" bosses, they're body parts, and the wall of flesh also being a ...w all of flesh and eyeballs and mouths. I think the great Cthullu who many people may have been waiting to fight, is not a "boss being" but in fact an infestation of the world itself. Kind of living up to the Lovecraftian namesake.

I think Moon Lord may be a related entity that has taken over the Moon (obviously) while Cthullu took over Terraria.

Cthulhu and Moon Lord invaded the world of Terraria, after a big brawl with powers of light Cthulhu died and his rotting corpse infected world with Crimson, while Eater of Worlds created Corruption, burrowing around. Powers of Light imprisoned big baddies behind Wall of Flesh in the core of the world among themselves to keep them at bay.

Back
Top Bottom