What Biome do you think needs the most love?

What (mini)biome needs some love

• Forest and normal Cavern

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Jungle and Underground Jungle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Snow and Underground Snow

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Desert and Underground Desert

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Crimson and Underground Crimson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hallow and Underground Hallow

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Corruption and Underground Corruption

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Ocean

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Underworld

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Dungeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floating Island

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Jungle Temple

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Spider Nest

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Marble Cave

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Granite Cave

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Meteorite (I guess? It spawns unique enemies)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Arby's and Underground Arby's

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Mushroom Biome

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
Simple really . What biome/minibiome do you feel like needs the most work? What specifically would you like to see?

I feel like some like the Jungle REALLY doesn't need anymore content but ive included them just in case. Also i didn't separate Surface from Underground because I generally think of things like the surface and underground crimson together.

Personally Its really hard for me to decide but I think I'm going to say ocean. Needs some hardmode enemies and an underground ocean :p

Last edited:
Hell needs it the most IMO, just bc once you're in hardmode there's no point to it. Would be cool for there to be a hell dungeon or something like in Avalon, but realistically even just having enemies 3/4 new enemies there in hardmode that drop souls of smite/spite and a few hardmode items to go with it would be awesome tbh

I voted for the ocean. It feels really small, given that it is supposed to be a large body of water. I am one of the people who would be all for a connected world that doesn't have an edge, and I feel that having a truly massive body of water that goes from one end to the other would be fantastic, especially if there were randomly generated mini-islands along the way, a place that feels remote and detached from the rest of the world. It would just be cool if the ocean sank down all the way to the cavern layer. Then we could truly call it the ocean!

(Though as a side-note, we really should get a hallow boss I think)

I went for the granite biome. As far I know there is one unique accessory and thats all there is to it. (Besides the cool bricks and furniture.)

Marble cave. It has only 2 enemies, 2 weapons (one throwing, one magic) and no other unique drops.

I voted for Floating Islands. They haven't changed since the start of Terraria other than the new different colour blocks. They're all the same generation more or less and the same size. I'd love to see way more of them, at varying sizes, some are giant some are small, some are related to biomes they are above, some are high off the ground, some are low, but only a few of them actually have chests. The others could have something else? I'm bored of the world generation in Terraria now after playing for so long. I like building on/in interested areas and a majority of the world landscapes are pretty flat and boring imo.

I've always thought a larger underground biome would be fantastic... we currently have a few little ones, but it would be fantastic to find a massive cavern with large stalags up & down, rivulets flowing everywhere with a large central pool for unique fishing. Let the Salamanders populate these caverns and have little homes in them (would dig a Salli NPC that sells scales and leathers and some sort of slime potion that would make you more resistant to melee attacks), filled with snails and worms and maybe a mini pet that would follow you chirping once in a while. I love the sallis, but they have so little presence in the world.

Last edited:
I love the jungle
SO MANY LOOTS!
BiomeBannerJungle.png

Yeah I think the big three right now are Desert, Underworld and Ocean. All three of which have no hardmode value whatsoever.

Personally I think a mini dungeon/temple like area in both the ocean and the underworld would be nice.

It would be cool if the ocean had an abyss that stretched down into the cavern layer and there was a mini dungeon at the bottom with mermen

Also didn't Red say a long time ago after 1.2 that he would add more content to the oceans and underworld or am I imagining that?

I'm pretty biased on this subject. No doubt about it.

But I do agree that the ocean needs stuff too. The marble cave has potential for being an awesome biome if expanded.

I want more enemies in the sky. And maybe a boss too.
Just like how 1.3 expanded on the Antlion for the Desert, I'd want new sky enemies that expand on the Harpy.
Must...resist...urge for self advertising. Nope, can't do it. I have made a couple threads for that purpose. They are in that spoiler in my signature.

I always enjoy seeing expansions on biomes personally.

Must...resist...urge for self advertising. Nope, can't do it. I have made a couple threads for that purpose. They are in that spoiler in my signature.

I always enjoy seeing expansions on biomes personally.

But really, my idea for a sky boss is something more along the lines of a Harpy Princess, accompanied by endlessly-spawning royal guards (that stop spawning if you go below Harpy-spawning height, but then the Harpy Princess would enrage Plantera-style). Of course, she would be able to kick your :red: by herself, since apparently she got some kind of ninja training.

I was saving my obligatory dragon boss concept for the Hallow, which lacks an associated boss beyond The Twins requiring Souls of Light to make the Mechanical Eye.
Admit it, a crystal dragon would be awesome.

I voted Ocean, since it really does need much more content, but the Desert probably needs it more. It did get much more interesting in 1.3 with the unique underground and Fossil Blocks, but there's not much to do in the underground. You get ugly building blocks (IMO), and all of the treasure consists of is Fossil Blocks, Antlion Mandibles, and normal loot from Underground Cabins.

i just think that there should be MORE unique biomes added into the game simulur to how starbound has numerous biomes to explore

Back
Top Bottom