What Biome do you think needs the most love?

What (mini)biome needs some love

• Forest and normal Cavern

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Jungle and Underground Jungle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Snow and Underground Snow

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Desert and Underground Desert

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Crimson and Underground Crimson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hallow and Underground Hallow

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Corruption and Underground Corruption

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Ocean

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Underworld

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Dungeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floating Island

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Jungle Temple

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Spider Nest

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Marble Cave

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Granite Cave

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Meteorite (I guess? It spawns unique enemies)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Arby's and Underground Arby's

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Mushroom Biome

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
no mushroom biome?
Well, it allready has an exclusive NPC, an achievement, a whole category of furniture, use in making Healing Potion, etc...
But yeah, I understand why it could be a favorite and one would wish more content.

Well, it allready has an exclusive NPC, an achievement, a whole category of furniture, use in making Healing Potion, etc...
But yeah, I understand why it could be a favorite and one would wish more content.
Then again, the rather popular Ocean option has a boss, an NPC found there (and a second NPC will sell a pet if housed there), and unique enemies....

Challenge...actually I got no ideas for it. Never mind.
I'm thinking a post-Moon Lord (or maybe just Post-Golem? I dunno) expansion to the Purity, including transforming the center 1/3rd of underground/cavern into Underground Purity. Boss can be Gaea, in the form of a giant tree (second form would reveal Corruption within). Enemies could be ents, angry dryads, nature spirits, dinosaurs, etc. :p

I'm thinking a post-Moon Lord (or maybe just Post-Golem? I dunno) expansion to the Purity, including transforming the center 1/3rd of underground/cavern into Underground Purity. Boss can be Gaea, in the form of a giant tree (second form would reveal Corruption within). Enemies could be ents, angry dryads, nature spirits, dinosaurs, etc. :p
Uh...
I already got enlisted into someone else's biome expansion type thing. I wouldn't be able to work on it very effectively, I do still have my own project too.

The center third would be where most people have their hellevators, so that's easy access. As long as it's not on the surface, it'd be perfect.

Also, you know it has to be "Crimson within" in worlds with Crimson.

The center third would be where most people have their hellevators, so that's easy access. As long as it's not on the surface, it'd be perfect.

Also, you know it has to be "Crimson within" in worlds with Crimson.
Sorry I didn't explain that very well since I was just typing it out fast, my thinking behind it is the Spirit of Dark/remnants of the Moon Lord's consiosness/Cthulhu would've possessed the tree and turned the Purity against you, not the Corruption itself. Then it would work for both worlds.

As for the surface, there would be a few new mobs, but most of the major changes would be underground.

(Also, I think it would be awesome if Gaea has a unique death animation that showed the Spirit of Dark fleeing the area, with the tree becoming pure again, and being a decoration item that's unbreakable/only breakable with a high tier pickaxe. Then you could use an item on it to summon Gaea again (I'm thinking it could be called the Seed of Darkness), similar to the Lihzahrd Altar.

Uh...
I already got enlisted into someone else's biome expansion type thing. I wouldn't be able to work on it very effectively, I do still have my own project too.
Wasn't trying to enlist you, but regardless its fine, I'm thinking about fleshing it out and posting it at some point possibly.

Sorry I didn't explain that very well since I was just typing it out fast, my thinking behind it is the Spirit of Dark/remnants of the Moon Lord's consiosness/Cthulhu would've possessed the tree and turned the Purity against you, not the Corruption itself. Then it would work for both worlds.

(Also, I think it would be awesome if Gaea has a unique death animation that showed the Spirit of Dark fleeing the area, with the tree becoming pure again, and being a decoration item that's unbreakable/only breakable with a high tier pickaxe. Then you could use an item on it to summon Gaea again (I'm thinking it could be called the Seed of Darkness), similar to the Lihzahrd Altar.

Still, even then, second form could be altered to reflect the Corruption/Crimson thing, since that's part of the world's evil.

Speaking of spirits and stuff, fighting the embodiments of the spirits and light and darkness that were released after the Wall of Flesh's death would be a good idea.
They'd be intended as post-Moon Lord bosses.
The Hallow one could be tied into my previous "crystal dragon" idea.
The Corruption one would probably be yet another worm (but worm-like design is so prevalent in the Corruption's enemies, so it makes sense), but would be more snake-like in design, probably inspired by Jormungandr of Norse myth.
The Crimson one, continuing with the dragon-like designs, would probably be some kinda bloody zombie dragon.
Regarding their relation to biomes, they'd only be able to be fought in their respective biomes, introducing the evil biome the world did not generate with would allow summoning its spirit-dragon, and defeating a spirit-dragon would slow down that biome's spread to a near-halt (but not stop the spread entirely).

But that's just me going the full mile with the whole "Hallow/Evilbiome = Light/Dark = Yin/Yang = OMG DRAGONS" thing.

definitely corruption. the crimson is so much more powerful than it, the corruption barely gets used anymore.

Still, even then, second form could be altered to reflect the Corruption/Crimson thing, since that's part of the world's evil.

Speaking of spirits and stuff, fighting the embodiments of the spirits and light and darkness that were released after the Wall of Flesh's death would be a good idea.
They'd be intended as post-Moon Lord bosses.
The Hallow one could be tied into my previous "crystal dragon" idea.
The Corruption one would probably be yet another worm (but worm-like design is so prevalent in the Corruption's enemies, so it makes sense), but would be more snake-like in design, probably inspired by Jormungandr of Norse myth.
The Crimson one, continuing with the dragon-like designs, would probably be some kinda bloody zombie dragon.
Regarding their relation to biomes, they'd only be able to be fought in their respective biomes, introducing the evil biome the world did not generate with would allow summoning its spirit-dragon, and defeating a spirit-dragon would slow down that biome's spread to a near-halt (but not stop the spread entirely).

But that's just me going the full mile with the whole "Hallow/Evilbiome = Light/Dark = Yin/Yang = OMG DRAGONS" thing.
Thoughts and such:

You've actually fought the Spirits before. Due to the Lihzahrd ritual, the Spirit of Light was able to inhabit the body of the ancient Golem. We already know Cthulhu (who I assume is the Spirit of Dark) used some of his soul that survived being locked up by the Wall of Flesh to possess his Eye, and later took control of a forgotten mechanical form, the Twins. When fighting these two spirits, spawned in their respective biomes, in first form they would take on a physical form, whereas they'd be unleashed as their Spirit form in phase 2. I'm just going to do Cthulhu, because just one is going to take a bit to write out.

The Spirit of Dark, of course, is Cthulhu. Big and green with tentacles and wings. Cthulhu would look like typical Cthulhu, but one eye would be missing, the area where it once was scarred and mangled. His attacks would chance depending on what biome he's fought in (Corruption or Crimson). For Corruption, he'd summon giant, upgraded Eater of Worlds (Devourer of Hope) to attack, as well as shoot shadowy projectiles and deal contact damage. For Crimson, he would summon giant, hulking golems (Golems, not the Lihzahrd Golem) made of flesh (Chaosbringer) and shoot chaotic red energy projectiles, as well as of course dealing contact damage. The first form fight would be similar to the Moon Lord, you have to destroy his hands, and then you attack his remaining eye. Destroying a hand in a Corruption world causes a Shadowbringer to spawn, a ghostly purple dragon-like creature that uses the Wyvern AI. In a Crimson World, however, an Arm of Cthulhu would spawn, a bloody arm that roots itself to the ground, but can move if you try to escape it. Said arm would deal contact damage and spray ichor when attacked. Now, when you destroy his eye, The Eye of Cthulhu spawns. His true Eye, it sees all and knows all. This eye would charge you, charge up and blast a shadow/chaos beam at you, and summon Servants of the Eye (buffed up purple/red demon eyes). They you actually attack Cthulhu himself. You defeat him, he screams, there's a fancy death animation and everything.

But no loot drops.

The boss music begins to change into an eery, foreboding music. It picks up pace, and the Spirit of Dark appears in his second form. This is a shadowy/chaotic maelstrom of dark energy, with vaguely Cthulhu-like features (wings, a squid-like head, but mostly its pure Corruption/Crimson energy). This beast summons a Shadow/Chaos Watcher upon spawning, an ethereal purple/red eye that acts similarly to The Eye of Cthulhu. This is the ultimate battle, Cthulhu throws everything he has at you, an absolute insane amount of dark energy, chaos energy, ethereal eyeballs, he even periodically resurrects fleshy remains of his body. Finally you beat him, and you get your loot. Cthulhu would drop Shadow/Chaos Fragments, his trophy, his mask, and around 40-60 gold. Said fragments would be used alongside Luminite to craft the ultimate Corruption/Crimson gear, not any better then the Moon Lord gear, more of a prestige gear to show off how cool you are. Combine these with Light Fragments (from the Spirit of Light) to get Purity Fragments, used to craft Purity gear.

Desert. Currently it only has 2 unique Hardmode drops, both of which are vanity. Plus you can't even get those if it is corrupted or crimsoned, and it's a pain in the :red: to purify.

I say the hallow... it has always seemed unfinished to me... I imagined the hallow and the corruption fighting for the world and the player was just caught in the middle... cleansing the world used to be important... I used to think you had to cleanse the world to beat the game... but it all just seemed to drift into unimportance with the latest patches. They need a cool hallow boss to balance the crimson/corruption bosses...

... as it stands the hallow is a non-factor in the game...

... just my .02 ...

~Jim

Excellent concept, though I would like to keep my "embodiments of the contagious biomes" as a distinct thing too. As I see it, there would be multiple spirits of light and darkness, most of them were imprisoned by the Wall of Flesh, but a few were trapped inside the Demon/Crimson Altars (smashing one has a chance of generating a patch of Hallow or Crimson/Corruption in the world). This could mesh with your concept of single spirits of light and dark by the single ones being the greatest ones, the ones that created the huge streaks of Hallow and Crimson/Corruption as they escaped from hell. The lesser spirits could easily be explained as tiny fragments of their power that broke off and wandered on their own.
By combining Souls representing their biome (Light for Hallow, Night for Crimson/Corruption), some physical object representing their biome (Crystal Shards for Hallow, Rotten Chunks for Corruption, Vertebrae for Crimson), and a small piece of the Moon Lord's power (Luminite Bars), you could create an object that would attract large amounts of the lesser spirits of light and darkness, causing them to take the form of a powerful dragon (which drop their own heavily light/dark themed loot).

Integrating one person's fanon with another's is fun.

Excellent concept, though I would like to keep my "embodiments of the contagious biomes" as a distinct thing too. As I see it, there would be multiple spirits of light and darkness, most of them were imprisoned by the Wall of Flesh, but a few were trapped inside the Demon/Crimson Altars (smashing one has a chance of generating a patch of Hallow or Crimson/Corruption in the world). This could mesh with your concept of single spirits of light and dark by the single ones being the greatest ones, the ones that created the huge streaks of Hallow and Crimson/Corruption as they escaped from hell. The lesser spirits could easily be explained as tiny fragments of their power that broke off and wandered on their own.
By combining Souls representing their biome (Light for Hallow, Night for Crimson/Corruption), some physical object representing their biome (Crystal Shards for Hallow, Rotten Chunks for Corruption, Vertebrae for Crimson), and a small piece of the Moon Lord's power (Luminite Bars), you could create an object that would attract large amounts of the lesser spirits of light and darkness, causing them to take the form of a powerful dragon (which drop their own heavily light/dark themed loot).

Integrating one person's fanon with another's is fun.
Yes, yes it is. I like your idea, and I like biome themed dragons, so it works out well :D

Fun fact: One of my original ideas when I first joined the forums (never posted it though) was post-Golem dragon minibosses for each biome

Back
Top Bottom