What Biome do you think needs the most love?

What (mini)biome needs some love

• Forest and normal Cavern

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Jungle and Underground Jungle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Snow and Underground Snow

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Desert and Underground Desert

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Crimson and Underground Crimson

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hallow and Underground Hallow

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Corruption and Underground Corruption

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Ocean

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Underworld

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Dungeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floating Island

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Jungle Temple

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Spider Nest

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Marble Cave

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Granite Cave

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • Meteorite (I guess? It spawns unique enemies)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Arby's and Underground Arby's

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Mushroom Biome

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
The ocean is kind of empty in terms of content, all it has is Fishron. But the Desert Spirits should drop a magic weapon IMO.

Ocean, Marble and Granite. Ocean should have been fleshed out more a long time ago, but I'm hoping 1.3.1 does more with Marble and Granite at the very least.

Ocean/Desert/Space/Marble (we need mobs that drop marbles blocks)/ Granite (not sure but it needs some more love I think)/ Forest,Purity

I got an idea for the desert!
1. Move pyramid loot into pyramid shrines/Desert cabins
2. Expand on the loot so that it accurately reflects the snow loot.

This would at least fix up the PHM desert. Anyone got ideas for the HM?

I would say the Ocean will need alot of fixes, but I think the underground spreading biomes need more love.

They just look like normal underground caverns but painted.

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 5.36.09 pm.png
real boss phot.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 12.58.02 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 12.57.55 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 12.57.44 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 12.57.25 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 12.57.52 pm.png

I believe the desert biome should have a boss, even-though its latest revamp it should have a revamp for the pyramid a boss and a new armour and weapons.
I personally being Egyptian believe it should be cornered around Anubis, I have already made some sprites of armour, weapons and a pet, if this idea was considered by the Re-Logic team I believe it would Bring more to Terraria.

i now have made a npc that acts like the old man who becomes a trader and the boss will be attached with the npc sprite.
my idea is that he escaped death so anubis has come in his bound state he is slightly pale and grey as if he's dead and his dialogue is like"Warrio help me, i have cheated hellfire and HE has come. be my saviour'

Last edited:
The desert was improved, but it still needs work. First, it needs its own PHM loot in its cabins like the snow. A summoner item would be nice. Maybe a scorpion staff that has a 20% of appearing in chests. Summoner class is still lacking. Unique Egyptian music would also be very nice.

As for hardmode, it should have its own dungeon chest like the snow. The hallowed desert enemies should also have unique drops.

I'm not voting because I don't know. As of 1.3, none of the major biomes stand out as severely lacking to me.

It seems to me that, pre-hardmode, the biomes seem appropriately fleshed out (underground desert could use some more enemy or chest loot though, plus a use for the mandibles, to make it a snow biome parallel). Marble and especially granite are somewhat lacking, but the biomes are very small anyways, much like spider caves and mushroom biomes, and can get away with not much content in them. In hardmode, however, many biomes become worthless:

Hell is rather lacking - only two new enemies, a few drops, and a npc
Ocean gets nothing except Fishron and pirate map drops
Marble and Granite get nothing at all, unlike the similar mushroom and spider biomes
Underground desert gets new mobs, but no new loot for some reason :(
Sky gets wyverns, which are farmed a few times for wings and then forgotten about

These could do with more content, but since 1.3 was the last major update, we'll have to see what happens to them.

Reactions: Nev
But in all honesty, I do want to see more small bosses like the Lunatic Cultist.
Not necessarily player-sized.

In fact, my idea for a new Hell boss is a Summoner that also happens to be a Fire Imp.

But in all honesty, I do want to see more small bosses like the Lunatic Cultist.
Not necessarily player-sized.

In fact, my idea for a new Hell boss is a Summoner that also happens to be a Fire Imp.
Heh, yeah. The terraria update reminds me of dark souls - every boss is (much) bigger than the player, except for the final one. (obviously in terraria the cultist is 2nd to last, but whatever)

spider's nest. there is virtually nothing in it besides a few spiders, a sometimes spawning npc, and sometimes an old chest. there should at least be a mini boss or something of the sort in it.

Forest and normal cavern. The game sets up this Hallow/Corruption/Crimson thing with purification powder, the Clentaminator, the Dryad's status updates and all that, but within what little narrative exists in Terraria, it's pointless. There's basically no reason for me to give a rat's excretion tube about the 'purity'. There's no reward for beating back the dangerous realms of the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson. Frankly, you're rewarded more by the game for overrunning the entire world with BOTH so you can conveniently keep access to everything you need with no drawbacks at all. The NPC's will even happily live in the Hallow, so the gameplay conceit of keeping the area around them livable becomes a sixty second operation of slinging some holy water about the place because the Hallow is an impenetrable wall.

Terraria: Otherworld operates from the assumption that the player in Terraria fails in their mission....the funny part is that because of how we play Terraria, that's actually the grim truth of like....practically everyone's world. We never restore the purity.....why would we? The hilarity isn't that we 'fail' in being unable to defeat the Moon Lord, it's that we basically just usurp the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson for our own purposes instead of ever purifying anything. Terraria 1 usually isn't the story of a conquering hero, it's the story of the rise of a supremely powerful mad monarch who spreads forth the terrifying realms of Hallow and Corruption because they fuel his/her power. You just think you're the hero.

Think about it....the world you're dropped into when starting Terraria is actually balanced. If you leave it alone, nothing happens. It's fine. Everything you do constantly releases horrors and makes things worse. When you start consuming life crystals to empower yourself (yeah, that sounds more messed up now, huh?) it reaches a point where a giant freaking eyeball tries to hunt you down and stop you at night. When you breach a slumbering Corruption/Crimson and smash open the receptacles of power you find in your greed for the power within, another massive beast shudders into life and tries to stop you. A cursed man exists to stop you breaching the EVIL DUNGEON, and you slaughter his powerful keeper so you can plunder it! You unleash and massively empower the Hallow and Corruption, you kill three further guardians who seek to stop your relentless quest for personal empowerment, you slaughter every invasion that tries to stop you.....did you ever notice that when you kill the 'lunatic' cultist things actually go to hell? A group of guys are standing around performing a magical ceremony and as long as they're doing that, nothing happens. Then you KILL them, shatter their ceremony, and INCARNATIONS OF UNIVERSAL POWER TRY TO STOP YOU. They fail, the Moon Lord finally tries to stop you, HE fails, and all that's left is the cackling psychotic that walked into a forbidden land on a quest for personal glory, hovering above the shattered hellscape that is his or her domain.

Terraria isn't 2D Minecraft, it's 2D Shadow of the Colossus, and you're not a hero.

:p

Forest and normal cavern. The game sets up this Hallow/Corruption/Crimson thing with purification powder, the Clentaminator, the Dryad's status updates and all that, but within what little narrative exists in Terraria, it's pointless. There's basically no reason for me to give a rat's excretion tube about the 'purity'. There's no reward for beating back the dangerous realms of the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson. Frankly, you're rewarded more by the game for overrunning the entire world with BOTH so you can conveniently keep access to everything you need with no drawbacks at all. The NPC's will even happily live in the Hallow, so the gameplay conceit of keeping the area around them livable becomes a sixty second operation of slinging some holy water about the place because the Hallow is an impenetrable wall.

Terraria: Otherworld operates from the assumption that the player in Terraria fails in their mission....the funny part is that because of how we play Terraria, that's actually the grim truth of like....practically everyone's world. We never restore the purity.....why would we? The hilarity isn't that we 'fail' in being unable to defeat the Moon Lord, it's that we basically just usurp the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson for our own purposes instead of ever purifying anything. Terraria 1 usually isn't the story of a conquering hero, it's the story of the rise of a supremely powerful mad monarch who spreads forth the terrifying realms of Hallow and Corruption because they fuel his/her power. You just think you're the hero.

Think about it....the world you're dropped into when starting Terraria is actually balanced. If you leave it alone, nothing happens. It's fine. Everything you do constantly releases horrors and makes things worse. When you start consuming life crystals to empower yourself (yeah, that sounds more messed up now, huh?) it reaches a point where a giant freaking eyeball tries to hunt you down and stop you at night. When you breach a slumbering Corruption/Crimson and smash open the receptacles of power you find in your greed for the power within, another massive beast shudders into life and tries to stop you. A cursed man exists to stop you breaching the EVIL DUNGEON, and you slaughter his powerful keeper so you can plunder it! You unleash and massively empower the Hallow and Corruption, you kill three further guardians who seek to stop your relentless quest for personal empowerment, you slaughter every invasion that tries to stop you.....did you ever notice that when you kill the 'lunatic' cultist things actually go to hell? A group of guys are standing around performing a magical ceremony and as long as they're doing that, nothing happens. Then you KILL them, shatter their ceremony, and INCARNATIONS OF UNIVERSAL POWER TRY TO STOP YOU. They fail, the Moon Lord finally tries to stop you, HE fails, and all that's left is the cackling psychotic that walked into a forbidden land on a quest for personal glory, hovering above the shattered hellscape that is his or her domain.

Terraria isn't 2D Minecraft, it's 2D Shadow of the Colossus, and you're not a hero.

Damn son. The lunatic cultist makes me think of the final boss of dark souls (a boss the same size as you after dozens of giants), and I guess your soliloquy does too. I wonder if T:O will have an actual story, especially anything like that, haha

Your interpretation is wrong.

The Eater of Worlds and Brain of Cthulhu probably wanted to feast upon the massive release of energy that occured from smashing the Orbs/Hearts.
Skeletron cursed the Clothier against his will, and even if you weren't greedy and stuff, the inhabitants of the dungeon would try to kill you anyway, to add another to their ranks.The Goblins, Pirates, and Martians wanted to plunder your town/planet. They don't give a rat's :red: about you, aside from that you're in their way.
The cultists were already trying to bring about the end of the world. You slaughtering the ones at the dungeon just forced the hand of their leader, and greatly accelerated the appearance of the simultaneous invasions from four different dimensions.
And Moon Lord? He's Cthulhu's brother. To comprehend his morality is impossible, and he eats 1d4 players per round.

I got nothing for Eye of Cthulhu and the Mech bosses, other than they're not exactly the most sentient and moral beings.

Besides, how bad can you be when you're the landlord who lets upward of 20 people live in your apartments, free of charge?

Your interpretation is wrong.

The Eater of Worlds and Brain of Cthulhu probably wanted to feast upon the massive release of energy that occured from smashing the Orbs/Hearts.
Skeletron cursed the Clothier against his will, and even if you weren't greedy and stuff, the inhabitants of the dungeon would try to kill you anyway, to add another to their ranks.The Goblins, Pirates, and Martians wanted to plunder your town/planet. They don't give a rat's :red: about you, aside from that you're in their way.
The cultists were already trying to bring about the end of the world. You slaughtering the ones at the dungeon just forced the hand of their leader, and greatly accelerated the appearance of the simultaneous invasions from four different dimensions.
And Moon Lord? He's Cthulhu's brother. To comprehend his morality is impossible, and he eats 1d4 players per round.

I got nothing for Eye of Cthulhu and the Mech bosses, other than they're not exactly the most sentient and moral beings.

Besides, how bad can you be when you're the landlord who lets upward of 20 people live in your apartments, free of charge?
Aaactually they pay 10 copper an hour :p

YOUR interpretation requires assigning motivations that aren't apparent in any way, or indicated, to those bosses. Which means that Occam's Razor cuts your interpretation in half. What we know is that you start smashing orbs or hearts of untold power in slumbering domains, which gradually awakens monstrous guardians to stop you.

Skeletron cursed the Clothier against his will, and even if you weren't greedy and stuff, the inhabitants of the dungeon would try to kill you anyway, to add another to their ranks.

I never said that any of the things you fight are necessarily good, but in every single case they appear to nonetheless be extremely powerful guardians preventing people from doing terrible things, and remain asleep and dormant otherwise.
The Goblins, Pirates, and Martians wanted to plunder your town/planet. They don't give a rat's :red: about you, aside from that you're in their way.

They head for and subsequently camp YOUR SPAWN POINT, not where your NPC's or anything else is. No. They're here for you.

Stopping their ceremonies achieves the purpose of their ceremony....faster than performing the ceremony.

.....what? No. There is direct cause and effect. You kill them, and it causes the lunar invasion to occur.

You're the landlord who'll literally blood sacrifice the Guide and Clothier on a whim in order to summon monsters you can kill for money and stuff. And it's not free of charge, you eventually drag a nasty old man out of HELL to collect taxes from them.

Stopping their ceremonies achieves the purpose of their ceremony....faster than performing the ceremony.

.....what? No. There is direct cause and effect. You kill them, and it causes the lunar invasion to occur.
I'm with Juno on this one, even if it sounds strange. They are trying to bring forth an apocalypse, and even when you kill them the apocalypse happens anyway.

-snippity-

On the other hand, you're trying to apply human-level morality onto non-human entities.

And the invasions don't target your spawn. They target the center of the world. Try placing your bed at the ocean and see how many goblins/pirates/martians you get there.

Also, take a look at the tablet the cultists surround. It appears to have the Moon Lord's face on it.
I just theorize that their ritual is being used to gather power into the tablet so they can use that power to end the world.
You interrupting the ritual forced the leader to absorb the power so he could transfer it to another tablet later. Of course, it turns out killing him releases the power, and was enough to bring about said end of the world anyway, though likely on a lesser scale than the Lunatic Cultist wanted. And it's up to you to stop it.
Destroying the pillars may awaken the Moon Lord, but leaving them would allow their armies to ravage the world.

Of course, Moon Lord is merely content to slaughter the poor fool who woke him up, and then return to his slumber when he's done.

Aaactually they pay 10 copper an hour :p
Only when the Tax Collector is around. And he's only giving you the money because you're the landlord and he knows you could evict him at a moment's notice.

Back
Top Bottom