Hot Topic What Boss is the hardest boss for you guys? And why ?

My hardest boss? Definitely has changed with updates and the like.

Normal: Moon Lord
Why? Too good to die to at this point but he still gives me quite a rush while fighting. Which, none of the other bosses can do for me in Normal.

Expert: Tie between Skeletron and Duke Fishron
Why? Given me the most troubles out of all the Expert bosses. Both have killed me once or more than once and I haven't beaten either yet without using perpetual movement (In the form of a minecart and rails) strategies.

I gotta say its the Duke, I havent killed him yet and I am using full beetle with ichor imbue and venom bullets with the vortex beater, yet he always gets me late in stage 2, regardless of prep work!

same i have meowmere and star wrath and solar armor full;(and i still didn't be able to kill him:confused:
[doublepost=1497022846,1497022698][/doublepost]1.duke fishron;(ugh so hard
2.plantera:sigh:still hard
3.moon lord:naughty:not really with the nurse strategy:nursenaughty:

Golem.

Yes, I serious.

Try fighting him with your laziness in the way of not building an arena.

And Duke Fishron, stoopid Cthulhunados, got me almost every time, thank RNGesus that he actually gave me all his weapon drops with no duplicates.

Last edited:
I don't know if this counts but probably the supreme calamitas from calamity or purity spirit from blue magic but for vanilla I'd say expert skeletron

For me (I play mobile) well at the point i'm at all the bosses are pretty easy, but while i was progressing I would sayyyyy... Ocram, he is extremly expensive andwhen I was at lowish defense his death laser (or whatever its called (bot deathsickle)) absolutly obliterated me. EDIT: Just realised this was in pc town square.:p

Last edited:
Skeletron Prime. I :red:ing mean it. He always, ALWAYS stands alive when the sun comes up and one shots me, saying ":red: you..." and rushing down.

I hate that boss.

Personally, all of them are pretty easy for me (in a sense), it just goes down to which one caused me the most trouble.
the Eye is pretty easy if you have the right gear, Worm/Brain is simple yet easy, Queen Bee is somewhat challenging at the stage I usually am at, Skeletron's a cakewalk when you just walk across a platform dodging his attacks, Wall is the same strat as Skeletron, all mech bosses require running, Plantera is easy even when enraged, Duke only gets easier if you learn how to dodge and effectively use your strat for a long period of time. Lunatic Cultist is a joke, Golem's a joke, Pillar's are a joke, Moon Lord is a joke.
I'd say Queen Bee is the hardest boss for me... that is if we're talking about Vanilla Terraria...

I feel like through out all of my worlds I have played, I'd say the Queen Bee and Plantera are the hardest bosses for me in Terraria. Of course I defeat them, but they are the ones I find the hardest.

hardest PreHardMode boss: Wall of Flesh, I suck at dodging it, DUE TO ITS PURPLE LASERS, LEECHES, AND THEIR HUNGRY!! but at least you need a Lava Charm, x99 Molotov's, and possible amount of Beenades

Hardmode: (1.3.4) TWINS!! MOTHER REDDING TWINS!! they are hard until I get a YoYo to kill it faster with a Bag, mayube the destroyer is really, really difficult because OF ITS DEATH-LASERS!! (today) Lunatic Cultist, :redspin: CULTIST!!! HE DOES MORE DAMAGE THAN EVEN GOLEM, AND HE WONT EVEN STOP KILLING ME WITH ITS DUPED VERSIONS!! the Moon Lord, the Saucer, and even (Duke FIshron)!! because I keep sucking at dodging it and the Cultist!!

Last edited:

Are we talking normal or expert, here? It generally helps to include such info.

Most bosses in Normal can be cheesed fairly easily to the point it is nearly impossible to die to them. Just in case you're talking about Normal...

WoF: Build a long flat bridge, and try to find a Hellwing Bow. Use Normal Arrows to take advantage of the bow's special properties. Alternatively, you can use Meteor Shot with a Phoenix Blaster (which is much easier to get).

Hardmode: The following Suggestions are all assuming you're using Melee/Tank armor.

Twins: Like all three Mechs, the Daedalus Stormbow makes the fight easy as pie; make a platform arena on the surface somewhere and laugh at the puny mechs as they die in 90 seconds or less, assuming you use Holy Arrows. If you are having trouble surviving against the biome mimics (weave around terrain and use a yo-yo), then an Amarok will do just fine. Failing that, you could also try the Megashark with Ichor Bullets if you happen to have Crimson. The big thing to remember about the Twins is that you should never, ever, ever enrage both eyes simultaneously. I would focus on the laser eye first and then kill it. If the green flame eye is the only one left, its enrage form is far easier, as all you need to do is stay far enough away that the flame can't hit you. With the other eye dead, you should not take any damage whatsoever in this phase.

Destroyer: If you have Crimson, the Bladetongue will kill him in <30 seconds before he can even take off half of your life if you position yourself right, though it might be a bit of fishing to get one. The Fetid Baghnakhs can do similar, but that requires killing a Crimson Mimic. Barring that, you can get a Nimbus Rod and rip the thing to shreds, but I've had mixed luck trying to get one. If you do happen to get one, however, it also works great on the Golem.

Lunatic Cultist: To avoid calling out Wyrms by hitting the false images, pay attention. When he splits up into 4, stop attacking immediately. You have several seconds to make a decision as to which one to attack. Three of them are darker than the remaining one. Hit the one that's not dark and the other 3 will disappear and no Wyrm will spawn. If you do accidentally spawn a Wyrm, a Terra Blade will make short work of it; usually within 3 seconds or less. The Eye of Cthulhu is usually the weapon of choice until you get a Solar Eruption. Also, if you haven't already, get a UFO mount. It makes Cultist and Moon Lord far, far easier.

Are we talking normal or expert, here? It generally helps to include such info.

Most bosses in Normal can be cheesed fairly easily to the point it is nearly impossible to die to them. Just in case you're talking about Normal...

WoF: Build a long flat bridge, and try to find a Hellwing Bow. Use Normal Arrows to take advantage of the bow's special properties. Alternatively, you can use Meteor Shot with a Phoenix Blaster (which is much easier to get).

Hardmode: The following Suggestions are all assuming you're using Melee/Tank armor.

Twins: Like all three Mechs, the Daedalus Stormbow makes the fight easy as pie; make a platform arena on the surface somewhere and laugh at the puny mechs as they die in 90 seconds or less, assuming you use Holy Arrows. If you are having trouble surviving against the biome mimics (weave around terrain and use a yo-yo), then an Amarok will do just fine. Failing that, you could also try the Megashark with Ichor Bullets if you happen to have Crimson. The big thing to remember about the Twins is that you should never, ever, ever enrage both eyes simultaneously. I would focus on the laser eye first and then kill it. If the green flame eye is the only one left, its enrage form is far easier, as all you need to do is stay far enough away that the flame can't hit you. With the other eye dead, you should not take any damage whatsoever in this phase.

Destroyer: If you have Crimson, the Bladetongue will kill him in <30 seconds before he can even take off half of your life if you position yourself right, though it might be a bit of fishing to get one. The Fetid Baghnakhs can do similar, but that requires killing a Crimson Mimic. Barring that, you can get a Nimbus Rod and rip the thing to shreds, but I've had mixed luck trying to get one. If you do happen to get one, however, it also works great on the Golem.

Lunatic Cultist: To avoid calling out Wyrms by hitting the false images, pay attention. When he splits up into 4, stop attacking immediately. You have several seconds to make a decision as to which one to attack. Three of them are darker than the remaining one. Hit the one that's not dark and the other 3 will disappear and no Wyrm will spawn. If you do accidentally spawn a Wyrm, a Terra Blade will make short work of it; usually within 3 seconds or less. The Eye of Cthulhu is usually the weapon of choice until you get a Solar Eruption. Also, if you haven't already, get a UFO mount. It makes Cultist and Moon Lord far, far easier.
and why my qoute says -snip-?

and why my qoute says -snip-?

Because there was no reason to quote the whole huge block of text when your post was directly above mine; if a reader wanted to know what you said, they only have to scroll up just a little. No need to repeat the whole thing, lol.

It's just a common practice on forms to "snip" (as in, cut) a large quote out if it's not necessary (due to it being right above the poster's post, or on the same page, or it's especially large).

The only reasons a quote was even used in the first place, is..

1). To send an alert that you were responded to,
2). To let people know who I'm actually replying to.

So ya. No offense or malice or anything meant.

The hardest boss is probably Plantera without an arena, because the jungle is very cramped and full with dirt and its hard to move, but the hardest boss even with an arena? Probably The Twins, the laser guy is really easy, but the fire eye is a lot harder. :sigh:

The hardest boss is probably Plantera without an arena, because the jungle is very cramped and full with dirt and its hard to move, but the hardest boss even with an arena? Probably The Twins, the laser guy is really easy, but the fire eye is a lot harder. :sigh:

Usually what I end up doing, is I'll find the largest open area in the Jungle, and study the map a bit and then go find a bulb and drag her to that area. You just need enough room that you can keep running away from her while plugging her with the weapon of your choice, turn around and go back the way you came when you run out of room. As long as you got, I don't know, 2-3 full screen lengths of space that you can travel and keep her in line of sight the whole time and preferably have room for her bouncy balls to fall out of harm's way, you should be good. A few wooden platforms to refresh flight time are also helpful, but you don't need to make a full arena.

Also, setting down a temporary campfire or two and/or heart lanterns or two can help loads too. Most people scoff at passive regen (at least from what I've seen on forums), but they don't realize that over the course of 2-3 minutes they get a free potion worth of regen.

Back
Top Bottom