What class should i play?

(Whoo! This took around 30 to 45 minutes to make.)

I'd say it depends on your skill and your personality.

Melee is a class best suited for people who do better at close contact rather than aiming. The melee class armor gives you the most defense out of any other class and therefore grants you the ability to tank through enemies without losing a lot of health points. People who mainly use the melee class will go for speed and defense, while more daring ones focus on damage and power. It's incredibly cheesy in a way as you can tank enemies and knock them back. However, it falls behind the other classes in harder difficulties such as expert and master. I don't recommend expert or master melee without a lot of experience, as bosses which deal high amounts of contact damage such as Skeletron, the Wall of Flesh, and the Destroyer deal much more damage.

Ranged is a class better suited for people who expertise at aiming targets and at least shows decent skill in dodging attacks. The ranged class armor is a balance between melee and mage, nothing more is to be said here. Ranged is without a doubt much more entertaining than melee, as it at least challenges the player in some way. During boss fights and enemy encounters, the player is required to move around to avoid getting hit, and having to aim at the enemy whilst doing so. A problem with ranged however is the adequate damage. Whilst guns like the Boomstick and the Megashark use rapid fire or Multiple shots to contrast the damage, as well as any firearm having a chance of not consuming ammo. Most encounters with hostile NPCs are still rather repetitive and tedious. The knockback may be good or bad depending on how much you can handle a challenge, weak knockback makes enemies way more threatening as most cases won't be pushed back and instead will be... "frozen". Also, ranged combat is especially tedious in fighting hordes of enemies if you are not using the one and only Daedalus Stormbow.

Now Mage is a very fun class. Mage is a class suited for people who are good at dodging skills and people who do not like tedious tasks or encounters. Whilst defense is low, that is just one factor that makes Mage my favorite class. People who use mage have to rely on many things... Mana usage, damage output, and dodging skills. With the satisfying reward of finishing a boss off fairly quickly as well as a balanced knockback. Mages can often cheese enemies and bosses and use skillful tactics to do so. This class focuses on grinding the least out of the four and rather depends on skills and tactics. This class also has very diversified and unique weapons, giving you the choice of choosing a weapon of your choice depending on your statistics and skills. However, I don't suggest this class if you are short-tempered, as the damage enemies deal can often be greatly punishing. Most enemies will take five hits to finish you off with even the best armor at your current rank. Expect the mage class to cause many deaths.

If this was prior to 1.3 and 1.4 I would've complained about Stardust or make some witty statement, although it is clear that Re-Logic is trying their best to make summoner a more welcoming class. Summoner is suited for the people who willingly challenges themselves, and most people who play summoner are brave legends. I don't know a lot about summoner as I've never played it before, but I can explain a bit about it, at least enough that it can compare to a witty statement. Prior to 1.4 would summoners be really grindy, as the only thing you need to do is to enslave animals and sip coffee whilst they gang up on some unlucky foe. Whips have definitely helped with this and makes it so you have to engage in combat as well. Whips are perfect for summoners are they both focus on finding a way to make minions stronger under certain conditions whilst also addressing how the player could partake in combat. I still have mixed feelings about summoners, but if Re-Logic were to make another post-1.4.1 update would they definitely give light to this class.

But everyone knows that fishing is the superior class, who doesn't play the fisherman class? This is by far one of the best classes out there and the universe agrees with me. If anyone is offended by this than... /s.

Take this with a grain of salt, as this does not contain all the facts you need to choose which class you should try out. But consider this another helpful tip to push you in what path you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom