What class should i play?

Funny how everyone would suggest the class they usually do. it's quite obvious though. and I wonder what your favorite class can tell about a person?

It also seems ranger and mage are the most popular. XD Pure melee would be pretty tough indeed.
As far as I'm concerned, I would say, I usually play something like a "battle mage"? a melee mage hybrid. because melee weapons can be fun, but they lack range. magic weapons are usually very powerful, but they need mana to use. I greatly dislike ammo management though, and rarely play renger. it can be fun sometimes though.

on modded, other classes are pretty awesome too. Thorium has some really well-done classes, that are fun through the whole playthrough (not counting if you also have Calamity, with all of its post-moon lord stuff)

It's fun to try out each class at least once, and then you can more easily choose some, that are your favorites, I think. but all classes are fun. XD

Last edited:
Which class you want to play as the most is personal preference. Let your gut chose your next class.

Some suggest Melee because it's rather straightforward; run up to an enemy and bonk it.
Some say Ranged because of a high variety of weapons and ammo, and is home to some of the highest damage output you can get.
Some consider Magic for it's more skill-dependent design, requiring you to prioritize dodging more and micromanage your mana.
And finally some go Summon I believe because they're lazy and/or like having friends fight by their side.

Which class you want to play as the most is personal preference. Let your gut chose your next class.

Some suggest Melee because it's rather straightforward; run up to an enemy and bonk it.
Some say Ranged because of a high variety of weapons and ammo, and is home to some of the highest damage output you can get.
Some consider Magic for it's more skill-dependent design, requiring you to prioritize dodging more and micromanage your mana.
And finally some go Summon I believe because they're lazy and/or like having friends fight by their side.
People also go summon so they don't get attacked by weak enemies every 0.67 seconds

I perfer to stay away from the mana flower when possible bevause it eats through potions plus it takes up an accessory slot which could have been avoided if you took the time to click a button, but i think it’s necessary with something like the last priso

Instead of Mana potions, just use a Mana Regeneration Potion. You only need to wait a couple of seconds for all your Mana to come back, without any reduced magic damage.

The summoner is my favorite class and I have to say it's not how many people describe it. Obviously, it can be difficult due to the rarity of some weapons but besides that it is very strong (the sanguine bat staff,an early hardmode summon, carried me to almost endgame because is really powerful) Then there's Terraprisma, an absolute machine that shred bosses (Whit Terraprisma you can defeat skeletron prime, golem and plantera together if you know how to dodge)

I chose ranged, Has the second best def, and really high damage that can easily crowd large areas with a bow or rocket, and fast accruate hits with a gun
I can easily do all of this and DOMINATE in pvp only worring about ammo,

I don't do summoner, worst def, average damage and limited minions, with whips having only so much upgrades,

I don't do melee either, best defense and good damage, but the WORST playthrough

Mage is alright, I don't like the low defense, but has really good damage and viarity that makes up for it

I'm not quite sure which class I like best. Melee can be powerful, ranger is very good against bosses, mage is somewhat limited because of mana, but it's better then ammo management, and summoner's good but few choices.
I chose ranged, Has the second best def, and really high damage that can easily crowd large areas with a bow or rocket, and fast accruate hits with a gun
I can easily do all of this and DOMINATE in pvp only worring about ammo,

I don't do summoner, worst def, average damage and limited minions, with whips having only so much upgrades,

I don't do melee either, best defense and good damage, but the WORST playthrough

Mage is alright, I don't like the low defense, but has really good damage and viarity that makes up for it
Summoner is actually very powerful with the right gear. Most of melee's options are very bad against bosses (non-projectile swords and most boomerangs) but some weapons are really good. For melee, you just have to know which weapons to use. Also, if you don't like low defense, focus on mobility and dodging,

Back
Top Bottom