PC What Class Should I Play?

WyvernTime

Terrarian
I want to start a modded character and want to have them have a class, what mods should i use and what class should i be?
p7RK5Ln.jpg

I prefer melee, it has the best defense, requires no ammo or mana and you still have good attack.

I used Fetid Bahnaghs and Turtle Armor with some defensive potions to kill Plantera just by standing still and holding the mouse button.

It really depends on your preferences.
Melee is all about survivability and getting close and personal with enemies. In exchange it has the lowest DPS.
Ranged is all about killing stuff as quickly as possible but at the endgame has to deal with a mobility vs damage trade off as well as dealing with only possessing a limited number of shots with most weapons.
Magic is a class built on high utility but very low durability. Magic weapons tend to have unusual effects that make them best used in specific situations but not others forcing a far more varied weapon set.
Summoner keeps your hands free so you can do whatever you want/use whatever you want while your minions do most of the work for you. In exchange they are super squishy and lack the built in utility to mitigate it as armor and accessories are more or less set if you want to get max damage.

If you want a challenge I'd say play as a summoner. In my opinion the summoner class is the most fun and hardest class to play as. Even though summoners and put out a lot of damage, especially with some of the late game summons, they are also very fragile. As for mods I don't use them so I can't help you there.

If you want the easy life go with melee, magic or ranged. If you want the hard grind go with summoner. If your aren't going hardmode try out throwing?

If you want the easy life go with melee, magic or ranged. If you want the hard grind go with summoner. If your aren't going hardmode try out throwing?
With mods, thorium and tremor are good, as well as a class mod that adds actually classes. Zoaklen mod adds thrower weapons galore, throwing becomes playable with mods.

I honestly like summoner because it’s a good challenge and it does lots of damage. However if you want similar damage but more defense go mage or ranger. If it’s your first play through though I suggest melee.

*cough* play summoner its the best class its actually fun and a bunch of mods do really cool things with it and I guess it adds a little bit of difficulty but more importantly it is the most fun class*cough* Throwing seems good.

It depends on what mod you are using, a lot of big mods have additional classes. I personally prefer mage for calamity though.

Ranger is honestly the best class to start of with, melee is for the casuals, magic is alright, Throwing is fun but ends after pre-hardmode, And summoning is torture

summoning is torture
Your points on the other classes are fine, but summoner has gotten much better in 1.4. Sure, summoner in the early game is still akin to shooting yourself in the foot, but as soon as you can get obsidian armor, and a good whip, you'll be set. I agree with you with ranged being the best starter class. Melee is good as a starter class too, because you don't really need to think much to play it.

I'm debating whether to choose ranged or mage. Which should I choose?
All classes have versatility to an extent, but mage takes it to a luxury. Versatility and experiencing/experimenting with all kinds of weapons is what makes Terraria so fun in my opinion. Go with mage.

I'm debating whether to choose ranged or mage. Which should I choose?
I'd say it depends on your playstyle. If you enjoy charging in and playing offensively, Melee. If you enjoy sniping from the sidelines defensively, Ranged. Don't limit yourself to only one class though, You have a lot of versatility multi-classing sometimes. Summoner for example can use Golden Shower, a weapon for Mages, to lower defense to help out minions. So if you want to go melee with some ranged back up or vice versa, go for it

Back
Top Bottom