What Combat Type (melee, ranged, magic, or ranged) Do you use and Why?

Discussion in 'The Crossroads: General Cross-Platform Talk' started by SpartanSHATTER, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Dolman

Dolman Terrarian

I use melee, because yo-yos. So fun to use, that's really it.

TBNRWolf likes this.
  2. New Pine Gamer

New Pine Gamer Skeletron Prime

I'm classless generally. Just throw what ever i have and due to pauses when you have inventory open I can swap armours. Just my 1 cent. Also you can get mods to change the titpe by self-reporting the thread and asking for a title change.

3. I use all classes

New Pine Gamer likes this.
  4. waydawiz711

waydawiz711 Skeletron

Magic because it was the first class I ever played, so I m permanently a Mage now. It is also fun to kill bosses with magik thingz.

5. Kaladin78

Kaladin78 Eye of Cthulhu

Mana flower and 75+ mana potions, and it never runs out. Dedicated mage to the end.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 29, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 29, 2018 ---
    Especially razorblade typhoon. So OP.

JackNasT likes this.
  6. waydawiz711

waydawiz711 Skeletron

Last prism is op and very fun

7. Kaladin78

Kaladin78 Eye of Cthulhu

Too bad i play on mobile.

8. Avamaco

Avamaco Eye of Cthulhu

I like mage for big variety of weapons, some strong combos and really interesting mechanics.

9. Kaladin78

Kaladin78 Eye of Cthulhu

Mage is my baby.

10. Electroman102

Electroman102 The Destroyer

I don’t really stick to one class, but ranged is my favorite.

11. Isolated Egg

Isolated Egg Terrarian

Magic. I just like how unique they can be.

Kaladin78 likes this.
  12. Da_Robin

Da_Robin Skeletron Prime

Can it be mixed? i dunno. I just get mixed up with all the weapons .w. but for the most part I'm a melee type owo

Agastya likes this.
  13. Kaladin78

Kaladin78 Eye of Cthulhu

It's not just your weapons that determine it, its also your armor and accessories.

14. Da_Robin

Da_Robin Skeletron Prime

oh. well then I guess you could say I'm a mix of melee / summoner / range I guess? I tend to use melee, range and summoner weapons; at certain times I switch between the solar armor and stardust armor.

15. Blackdragon929

Blackdragon929 Terrarian

Summomer gear with yoyo:nymph:
    Just hide in a shelter with Minions outside your Chamber and Play your yoyo from 1 block hole ini your shelter

16. Loltak

Loltak Terrarian

Mostly melee, I found that easier below the surface, especially equip with a pass though block weapon like solar eruption.
    However in my current play I started with ranger before the switch because I like that class

17. Kaladin78

Kaladin78 Eye of Cthulhu

Huh, i will admit that as an early-game summoner, I switch between melee and summoner. Just because there is no early-game summoner stuff.

18. ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger Official Terrarian

Early game, I tend to take spears. I look for a trident if possible. They're not that weak, and the double-hit is pretty useful for keeping foes at bay.

When I get a weapon that uses bullets and the Arms Dealer comes in, I immediately switch to the Minishark and tend to remain with it for the bulk of the game until I can get a Megashark, making Crystal / Ichor Bullets in Hardmode to supplement the damage. I'm a really big fan of leading my targets. It's a ton of fun.

Eventually I upgrade to the Onyx Shotgun thingy, which I absolutely love. (It's also a lot of fun with the dual-wielding mod! :D )
    I still have melee weapons in stock though.So I'm roughly 70% ranged, 25% melee, 5% whatever.

19. Sockmonkey367

Sockmonkey367 Brain of Cthulhu

im really a mix between melee and ranged. i got stuff for both. i dunno, i guess i really like the Megashark. I mean, that thing can take down the moon lord. and the tera blade IS really good. And I like yoyos (though the only one i have used so far is wooden. need to find more yoyos)

20. Green Marks

Green Marks Terrarian

I normally play as a summoner. Despite the low armor not having to aim attacks makes its so much easier to dodge.