What Combat Type (melee, ranged, magic, or ranged) Do you use and Why?

My first time with Terraria I did melee (yay Terra Blade!). Once I knew the game better, I tried ranged. Whether it's easier also kind of depends on the controls your using. Do you prefer a controller or just use a keyboard? I like mage because you can use all sorts of good equipment to help make it a lot easier/better. Mages (for me at least) have a lot of room to customize that way (so does melee, though I don't think as much). A lot of ammo is only obtainable by crafting it, which means going out for materials. If you just have a couple of stacks or so of potions, you have unlimited mana until you run out (of potions). Yes, the biggest mana potions you have to make yourself but you can also just buy them from the wizard. You can use summoners too, and still mostly be a mage.

Melee is good, ranged if it's your type, but mages for me (mostly).

Edit: What type of attack/combat you prefer I think also depends on your plaftform (my first time playing Terraria I was on console, later I got it on PC).

Last edited:
i personally like the controller better cuz i have no other experience (lol) and i DO love the terra blade

also im a 1.2.4 nerd cuz i started with the ps3 edition and i have ps4 edition now but never played PC version

I also this that going out for materials isn't SUCH a big idea because personally, i use cloro bullets for homing and i have farms and it isn't to bad to get. and ichor/cursed bullets aren't a big deal to get. (those are the ones i use most.)
1.3*and if you have the money, making the infinite musket ball thing is really useful!*1.3 (also i have really only used guns)

melee is *pretty* easy to get. dont cost nothing except dying sometimes to get the really good ones *cough cough* influx waver *cough cough*

i find a really big problem with mages (well, 2) : not alot of defense, and can run out of magic. yea, running out of magic CAN be fixed but depending on your wepon, downing those will be FAST. and with not alot of defense, you can't really fix that. yea, everything is ranged (that i know of) , but alot of things late game are ranged, too. so not only will you be downing magic potions, you will be downing healing a TON. also, i have never played mage, so these judgements are probably poor.

also im not trying to attack anyone that uses magic, im just taking this in from my point of view. though, lets be honest.
summoner is the best class lol

Back
Top Bottom