Casual What do you do when you get bored on Skyrim?

What I use:

- Imp's More Complex Needs.
- Deadly diseases.
- Chesko's Frostfall.
- Start Skills At Level 0 (yes that's how the mod's called over at Skyrimnexus, dunno if it's elsewhere.)

I also use two mod called Monster Mod and Monster Wars which basically make it so Skyrim is not a deserted wasteland where you'll find at most one creature a mile. Walk out of Helgen and decide to go west instead of east? Oh hi there high-level OP Hagraven, fancy meeting you here! *Dead.*

Oh, and I use a few of mods which disable fast travel, the map, the compass and even cairn stones. Because a peasant shouldn't magically know where East is.

I would recommend checking a couple cooking mods, tho, since the built-in cooking of Skyrim is bull:red:. Imp's has improved cooking mechanics IIRC (for example, not everything needs salt. Those Nords ever heard of :red:ing apple jam?

I remember the first time I played Skyrim without a map, cairn stones or compass. I got lost going from Whiterun to Solitude and ended in Winterhold instead.

Nowadays I could probably finish the main plot walking everywhere without ever looking at the compass - which has its advantages.

I have a mod that improves the signs pointin ye the road to the various major cities which really helps if you are too lazy to bring up the map every minute, but I tho removing the map would have been kinda unimmersive as a map showing you the various major places is something you can possibly find in the game's world (altho a map that perfectly shows you where you are is still pretty weird), playing with no fast travel is love tho.

You only realize how little the map is needed once you play through the main mission without it.

It's like Morrowind in Skyrim, you actually have to pay attention to landmarks and scenery if you want to get from city to city... Or find that one dwemer ruin which is fifty steps north of the fallen tree, right next to that one waterfall... //Confused? You wouldn't be if you didn't depend so much on your map. :dryadtongue:

My Markarth house is all cheese and skulls, skulls and cheese.So... I just re-arrange my skulls on my cheeses.

Hmmm... never tried a peasant life, sounds interesting!
As for the map/compass, I think they should be bought from a store, while the map is not 100% accurate and tells you where you are, and the compass only points to the north and not wherever you want to go, that would make things more fun.

I'd suggest the Heljarchen Farm as a mod for a peasant play through.

Peasant Life eh? I'll have to try that when I beat a certain dragon. I've never fumbled around with any mods for Skyrim so I'll probably figure that out at a later date.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419286276][/DOUBLEPOST]Peasant Life eh? I'll have to try that when I beat a certain dragon. I've never fumbled around with any mods for Skyrim so I'll probably figure that out at a later date.

Eh, being a "peasant" at level 30+ is pretty boring, specially if you're fresh out of being The Dragonborn, Defeater/Defender of the Stormcloaks, Master Thief/Bard/Mage/Werewolf/Vampire and Owner Of Every House Ever.

Also, dragon attacks are incredibly detrimental to playing a peasant, so one of the "rules" of such a run is to never get the main plot advanced after leaving Helgen - or to just use a "different start" mod to purposefully break the main quests.

Also, dragon attacks are incredibly detrimental to playing a peasant
Aah, but being a peasant, you shouldn't have any direct power with the world. So trigger just enough quests to spawn dragons, and see as your peasant life burns down around you. Probably more interesting than living a sedate life as a common peasant. ;)

You get the excitement of impending death, but equipped only in leather and iron weapons, running away is probably best, like the peasant that you are. Run to the major cities and cower beneath the bedsheets.

... That could be interesting, yes.

Moreso since I can't go back to playing Oblivion without "Deadly Dragons" which, with a bit of tweaking, can have you be attacked by Dragons inside a city.

That mod answer the Whiterun Jarl's questions. "What can our city do against a dragon?" Nothing. Nothing at all.

Wouldn't using Open Cities technically allow dragons to attack inside cities?

I tried that one, my computer said ":red: you I'm going to CTD if you try to fit all that crap into me at once" so Deadly Dragons works for me.

... It also has behavior control options for dragons. Want them to land more? Never land at all? Cause a massive shockwave which puts the Fus Ro Dah to shame when they land? Cause ice or fire to fall from the sky just for being there? It can all be done.

Open Cities used to be a big issue before SKSE and ENB allowed to patch skyrim. As long as you have 4gb ye shouldn't have problem not as long as you have both configured alright.

Well, I can't get ENB to work at all, may be because of *cough*demo*cough* version (a lot like tConfig and tApi won't work with the "demo" version of Terraria. Not that I ever tried to make them work like that, of course.) Don't ban me I'll be good I swear.

B-b-but... I've never heard of a demotrial such a version of Skyrim.

"Was that sarcasm?" - Sheldon Cooper.

If not, let's just say I don't have it in my Steam library. You gotta deal with worse people than Valve to get it. They range from being in denial about their crime to being snobbish and thinking they're some kind of elite.

Yo ho ho.

Wasn't there a mod that added Oblivion/Cyrodiil into the game with all the quests and stuff- just brought up to Skyrims graphics and mechanics?

^ Never heard of this, at least not a complete mod. Seen a lot of abandoned/never-updated 'new lands' mods, so I remember seeing some partial, buggy renditions of Cyrodiil.

Anyhow, what does the Dragonborn when bored?

> Have a mod that lets you have anyone as companion as long as they like you.
> Go talk to a random bystander and befriend them.
> Ask them to follow you.
> Go to High Hrothgar, climb to the top.
> FUS RO DAH the poor sod off the mountain to their death.
> Profit. If you can find the body, that is.

Back
Top Bottom