What do you think is the WORST TOOL in Terraria?

Fredbear

Official Terrarian
Ok, so Terraria is about pickaxes and swords. And keymolds. But, there are other items that are really useless and have no purpose once you get a certain item that outclasses the other one. Here are my top 5 Utterly Worst Terraria Tools.
5. Copper Shortsword
This is a commonly hated weapon by the whole Terrarian community. Mobile users are lucky enough to find a broadsword instead of a shortsword. Nobody ever crafts this, it's just a waste of hardly earned copper. But it's one item collector's ambition to craft this one.
It's OK to use if you have no time to make a crafting table and make a better wooden sword, but just please, don't use it everytime.

4. Molten Pickaxe
Ah...The Molten Pickaxe... The copper pickaxe at the beggining of hardmode. The only useful attribute to this pick is that it provides light when you mine, and it helps obtain either Palladium or Cobalt. But don't get fooled by it's pickaxe power. It's slow as :red2:. It's bad at mining dirt, stone, and every other block in the entire universe. A small tip: Before you get the next tier of pickaxe, please keep your nightmare/deathbringer pickaxes. It'll make mining blocks much easier.

3. All Spectre painting-related items
The Spectre paintbrush, paint roller, and scraper, are just a waste of Chlorophyte and Ectoplasm. The only perk that comes with these tools is a 3+ range. Great for lazy people who don't bother to go to the block they're painting.

2. Unicorn on a Stick
The Unicorn on a Stick is an INSANELY RARE item to get. But it's really not worth farming since it just provides a little humor on your computer screen. It's not a mount (technically) , you can't attack with it, and as I said, drop rate. The Unicorn on a Stick is a great gift for a friend who just bought the game.

1. Dirt Rod
The dirt rod. Dirty toy for noobs. The only great thing it can do is place dirt anywhere. Yes, dirt anywhere, anytime. For a cheap price (just 20 gold coins) you can get the best item in the game. Should not remove. Thank you Red for giving us this wonderful item. It really means alot to the Terraria community. Thank you.

Post your worst tools in the box which is below you.

Copper shortsword isn’t a utility item....

Molten pickaxe is necessary for early hardmode unless you get the overpowered reaver shark.

Spectre tools
go ahead and dig down that 8 block thick wall to paint each block

Unicorn on a stick
It’s novelty, and that’s what it’s for

Anyway, for me, I’d say wood hammer.

Lowest dps in all of Terraria and a shame to all hammers everywhere

For me.. I'd have to say all drills. And reasons for..
1. The machine noise grates on my ears after a while.
2. Slightly slower than their pickaxe counterparts. (More of an irritant than an actual problem)
3. Unable to obtain the Light Prefix.

[Edit] -Another fact is that the drill always points towards the cursor, but with the pickaxes you can face one direction and mine in the other. Just plain survivability there.

Last edited:
Molten Pickaxe is actually faster at mining stone than the Nightmare Pickaxe. Molten needs less hits per block but hits slower, with Nightmare needing more but swings faster. With blocks that only need one hit, such as most soils, Nightmare is better, but when you're digging through stone, bricks, ebonstone, etc, Molten is faster, even though it feels so slow. It then also provides light, and you need it for cobalt/palladium.

Spectre Paint stuff: isn't the point of better tools is for them to be more convenient?

Unicorn on a Stick: novelty item, not a tool.

Dirt Rod: More of a for-fun thing. I've seen it used in adventure maps before to solve liquid-related puzzles. It may not be useful in normal play, but it has its uses.

Anyway, for me, I’d say wood hammer.

Lowest dps in all of Terraria and a shame to all hammers everywhere
While technically the worst, it's low cost and ability to get the job done in normal use (crack orbs/hearts), makes it better than the more expensive hammers. I always hold onto this until I get a meteor/molten hamaxe. :p

For me.. I'd have to say all drills. And reasons for..
1. The machine noise grates on my ears after a while.
2. Slightly slower than their pickaxe counterparts. (More of an irritant than an actual problem)
3. Unable to obtain the Light Prefix.

YES! This. I always use pickaxes out of preference, but they also have knockback and the light prefix slightly boosts their mining speed (as well as make it harder for mobs to get through to you). Drills could use a bit of a buff, I think..

As for me.. I don't really see any point of making most hammers or axes after Molten. Molten's quite powerful, having more tool power than a lot of hardmode tools IIRC, plus it emits light when swung, PLUS it's an axe and hammer in one slot. It's not until the spectre hamaxe or The Axe do I consider switching, as they're barely better but lack the ability to emit light. Also, flaming hamaxes are just awesome. The plus range though..

While technically the worst, it's low cost and ability to get the job done in normal use (crack orbs/hearts), makes it better than the more expensive hammers. I always hold onto this until I get a meteor/molten hamaxe. :p
Yeah, but the regular wood hammer (along with other normal wood gear) can be completely skipped the minute you step into a snow biome...

Personally, I held on to an ebonwood hammer untill the meteor. Same for molten, untill chlorophyte (obvious reasons)
The pickaxe axe took care of the axe portion for me, and the +1 range was cool. Plus it’s a flipping warhammer <.<

Definitely the Dirt Rod. I'm not even sure why it's in the game! I wonder if it will be removed in the future, because you don't ever hear people talking good about it.

Chlorophyte Hammer.

A tool and a weapon, basically, this is unnecessary. Basically, this is just a pwnhammer but bigger, so why even waste your chlorophyte bars on this hammer of shame? Yeah, I said it @Milt69466

Also, the Molten Pickaxe is an alt to the Reaver Shark, it's there for people who don't like fishing.

Spectre-related painting, that's pretty darn useful. I think you never used one, you only heard of them, and barely looked them up.

Unicorn on a stick is a novelty toy, not a tool.

Dirt rod isn't necessary, but it is useful for those who don't have a pick to mine the dirt

Copper shortsword is useful at the very start, without it, there would be no Terra Blade.

Make a Copper Hammer
Copper_Hammer.png

Talk with it, it guarantees everlasting fun and joy. With this tool you will not be lonely and it has a special AI coded into it. You can have a romantic relationship with this singularity. You can throw away all your items (especially pets) because this lets you have it all. It is the best tool in Terraria and in reality, providing a whopping 35% hammer power and a slow speed. Scientists agree that Terraria was made famous because of how you can intereact with the Copper Hammer. Andrew 'Redigit' Spinks has been interviewed and he says that " the copper hammer has been my largest virtual project in existence ". The Copper Hammer was shown on Ripley's! Believe it or Not! and the Guiness book of Records. The Copper Hammer is the best item, only costing about 10 copper bars and 3 wood. Craft it now, it will provide you with eternal fun even when you're asleep.

Make a Copper Hammer
Copper_Hammer.png

Talk with it, it guarantees everlasting fun and joy. With this tool you will not be lonely and it has a special AI coded into it. You can have a romantic relationship with this singularity. You can throw away all your items (especially pets) because this lets you have it all. It is the best tool in Terraria and in reality, providing a whopping 35% hammer power and a slow speed. Scientists agree that Terraria was made famous because of how you can intereact with the Copper Hammer. Andrew 'Redigit' Spinks has been interviewed and he says that " the copper hammer has been my largest virtual project in existence ". The Copper Hammer was shown on Ripley's! Believe it or Not! and the Guiness book of Records. The Copper Hammer is the best item, only costing about 10 copper bars and 3 wood. Craft it now, it will provide you with eternal fun even when you're asleep.
Everyone can see through that, now you're just making attention. Copper hammer is useful, infact, some people like to keep this through to when they get a pwnhammer.

The worst tool in Terraria is the Guide, obviously.
Bad jokes aside, does ANYONE use those fish tools? The Reaver Shark and such?
Yeah, they're easy to get very early on in the game and are pretty awesome. The Falcon Blade is even still good in early hardmode.
There is one tool that has probably never been crafted by any player in Terraria, ever. It is the very definition of pointless. Possession of this tool will probably get you diagnosed with at least one psychological disorder.
Tin Pickaxe.
I agree 100% it's so useless, It's only in the game for equality between alternatives. I mean, it does have +1 range instead of copper's -1. I heard. Not that I... Would know...

Chlorophyte Hammer.

A tool and a weapon, basically, this is unnecessary. Basically, this is just a pwnhammer but bigger, so why even waste your chlorophyte bars on this hammer of shame? Yeah, I said it @Milt69466
Highest base damage for post mech pre-Plantera tier if the insane Terrablade is not considered (and this will be fixed) and 11th on all weapons in Terraria. 3 of which are consumables, and another 2 being occupied by the coin gun. Also, 6th highest for knockback, and 3 of those are also consumables.

So in other words.... far from useless, unnecessary maybe, but not useless.

Highest base damage for post mech pre-Plantera tier if the insane Terrablade is not considered (and this will be fixed) and 11th on all weapons in Terraria. 3 of which are consumables, and another 2 being occupied by the coin gun. Also, 6th highest for knockback, and 3 of those are also consumables.

So in other words.... far from useless, unnecessary maybe, but not useless.
Ok then,

How fast is it?
What's it's knock back?
Does it Autoswing?

Ok then,

How fast is it?
What's it's knock back?
Does it Autoswing?
Are you kidding me?

Slow speed of 34 which really doesn't matter for anything affected by knockback

8.5 knockback which is equal to that of the ice boomerang and bananarang, and beaten by the Golem fist and Paladin's hammer (which are all a tier above) which have 9, and bombs, dynamite, and sticky bombs at 10.

And it's a hammer... of course it autoswings....

Are you kidding me?

Slow speed of 34 which really doesn't matter for anything affected by knockback

8.5 knockback which is equal to that of the ice boomerang and bananarang, and beaten by the Golem fist and Paladin's hammer (which are all a tier above) which have 9, and bombs, dynamite, and sticky bombs at 10.

And it's a hammer... of coarse it autoswings....
(I think we're getting off topic)

Back
Top Bottom