What do you think is the WORST TOOL in Terraria?

5. Copper Shortsword - This isn't a tool, but yeah, it's useless. But I'm fine with that since you start out with it. The other shortswords don't have this excuse however, making those an even greater waste of space.
3. All Spectre painting-related items - These are really awesome for builders like me. It often saves me from chopping out pieces of my buildings to reach an area that I want to paint.
2. Unicorn on a Stick - Also not a tool. Just a fun gimmick. :)

My top 4:
4 - Molten Pickaxe. Absolutely agree with this one. It's that you need it, or people would avoid this thing altogether.
3 - Drills. They make a habit of blocking your view while mining, something that I really don't want. I'm glad Red didn't decide on forcing people to use drills late-game.
2 - Every hammer after the Pwnhammer (with the exception of the Cobalt one). They're too slow! And since a hammer's main use is breaking away walls, a Pwnhammer is all you'll ever need. Damage is not important.
1 - Dirt Rod - Never used it, never will.

Firstly, the dirt rod is incredibly useful. With skill you can cage enemies at range, create walls from behind cover, and build inside lava, that one is most important since you can no longer place blocks in it.

But my pick is the Rod of Regrowth. A mediocre weapon that places grass, a thing that grass seeds already do. But the real question is why. I can't think of one reason to place grass in a place it wouldn't grow to anyway. Contmination doesn't need more help to spread.

Why would you want a Copper Hammer, when...

1). You could make a Wooden Hammer for the Shadow Orbs/Demon Hearts far, far easier
2). You don't NEED a hammer (unless you build underground) 'cept for Orbs/Hearts.
3). The Meteor Hamaxe is vastly superior to both a Wooden, and a Copper Hammer AND doubles as an Axe.
4). The Molten Hamaxe is even better! (almost as good as a Pwnhammer while doubling as an Axe).

To be honest, I can't think of a single useful thing Copper Bars are actually useful for.

Weapons? Too weak.
Tools? You start with 2 out of 3 and they all suck.
A Watch? Meh, I suppose? If you really needed to tell time that badly...
Armor? Just get a +2 Defense or better Shackle and wait until you've enough silver/gold (or their equivalents).

What good is copper? I don't think I've ever used a single copper bar in any of my last 3+ playthroughs.
Copper Bars are good for one thing: 5 Second Timers.

Copper shortsword.

Weapons are just tools for murdering. And the copper shortsword is basically the worst shortsword, with shortswords being the worst weapon in the whole game.

That, and wooden hammer coming a close second. Who would craft something so useless? It's slow for what it should do, and weak for defending while doing what it should do.

Copper shortsword.

Weapons are just tools for murdering. And the copper shortsword is basically the worst shortsword, with shortswords being the worst weapon in the whole game.

That, and wooden hammer coming a close second. Who would craft something so useless? It's slow for what it should do, and weak for defending while doing what it should do.

I usually make a wooden hammer at the very beginning of the game, because a lot of times, when I go to build a house, I'll flatten some land and there's always that annoying square or two of dirt background blocks in the way and I need to knock em out but I don't want to wait until I get a furnace, an anvil, and some copper to make a copper hammer.

Also, I usually flatten a little land so I can grow more trees to start the wood farms early. Again, background blocks stop trees from growing AFAIK, so I need to knock those out.

So I'll make the wooden hammer and keep it around on me until I get the meteor hamaxe.

Unless I decide to build a house underground, then I'll chuck it for a silver+ hammer if I've got extra metal.

Copper Pickaxe, even though it is the starting pickaxe, when you're used to using the top hardmode pickaxes like Chlorophyte and Ectoplasm you feel like a dinosaur trying to dig through a ton of stone/ice.

Chainsaws, they serve only to make you take up more space in your inventory assuming you'll replace your beautiful Molten Hamaxe/Meteor Hamaxe. No use in using it when the Hamaxe works just as well and allows for more inventory space.

Those are the main ones that come to mind.

The Unicorn on a Stick is awesome, in history that's what kept people entertained. Anyways most useless tool?
All hardmode ore pickaxes. Why? We have drills for that purpose.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425518177][/DOUBLEPOST]
Unicorn on a Stick
it sucks..
Unicorn on a Stick is a novelty item! As previously stated it entertained earlier generations! Plus I don't really think it counts as a tool unless it has a real purpose. It fits within a group of toys in Terraria like the Slime Gun.

The Unicorn on a Stick is awesome, in history that's what kept people entertained. Anyways most useless tool?
All hardmode ore pickaxes. Why? We have drills for that purpose.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425518177][/DOUBLEPOST]
Unicorn on a Stick is a novelty item! As previously stated it entertained earlier generations! Plus I don't really think it counts as a tool unless it has a real purpose. It fits within a group of toys in Terraria like the Slime Gun.
Firstly, Drills hurt my ears, and are a bit slower than pickaxes. Also, the aiming thing just bugs me. It's mostly preference, but I like pickaxes more.
Second, I do agree with the Slime gun and Unicorn on a Stick.
I think that the Breathing Reed is pretty much worthless, I've never needed it, since you just hold something else anyway. If you could equip it, or it had a way to be sort of passive, I would like that a lot more, and it might serve a bit of a purpose.
I actually like the Spectre Paint tools. They'll be the last thing I craft with my ectoplasm, but I like being able to paint some blocks that I've already placed, but have forgotten to paint earlier, and can't reach without wasting my time and paint for the blocks that I'll have to dig up to get there.

it's the mysterious STAFF OF REGROATH!!!
to me it actually helps a lot when building a flat arena before i can get asphalt. so it looks good without buying grass seeds. its also faster than grass seeds. and costs nothing.

one thing that is useless though. adamantite/titanium drill. getting it has no meaning to the game what so ever. its slower than the pickaxe versions as well, so instead of wasting 18 bars on a loud and slow drill that has no extra meaning, just kill the mechs and make the pickaxe axe. much more worth it.

It's a tough decision between the dirt rod and the Staff of Regrowth.
Good thing thanks to me it will be a lot more useful! :D

The Shadow Orb.

You broke one of your limited Shadow Orbs in the world and instead of getting a useful accessory or weapon you get a glorified Shine potion in the shape of an orb that makes it harder to spot things (being on Mobile here, purple makes gold look like copper).

RNG also says :red: you, asshat.

my top 5:
5. Molten Hamaxe, it's so slow, just like the pick.
4. Copper Axe, super useless, outclassed by iron.
3. All Drills, They're slower then picks, they have an annoying sound AND... No knockback.
2. Copper Pickaxe, Terrible, -1 range, super slow mining speed, yeah
1. Chlorophyte, Drill, Why even have this in the game? I mean, it has a nice sprite
Chlorophyte_Drill.png
and all, but It's slower than the pickaxe-axe

my top 5:
5. Molten Hamaxe, it's so slow, just like the pick.
4. Copper Axe, super useless, outclassed by iron.
3. All Drills, They're slower then picks, they have an annoying sound AND... No knockback.
2. Copper Pickaxe, Terrible, -1 range, super slow mining speed, yeah
1. Chlorophyte, Drill, Why even have this in the game? I mean, it has a nice sprite
Chlorophyte_Drill.png
and all, but It's slower than the pickaxe-axe
Drills aren't slower than their pickaxe counterparts...

Poison and Venom Staves. Low accuracy, ridiculous mana cost, sort of average damage and fun for 4.6 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom