What does your hotbar look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beleif

Terrarian
I'm curious about how you Terrarians organize your hotbars and such.

Here's mine:

1433203019381.png

Shroom its digging claw scourge of the corrupter vamp knives Terra blade flairon North Pole Palidins hammer

Shroomite digging claw, Paladins hammer, Horsemans blade, vampire knives, flairon, honeyed goggles( for fun), and the rest depends on what I'm doing

1=Melee Weapon
2=Pick
3=Axe (or Hammer if Pick is also an Axe)
4=Tool (whatever I used last) Things like the fishing rod, safe, hammer (if not on #3) and platforms go here.
5=Main Ranged/Magic weapon
6=Heavy weapon (Which could mean anything from Molotovs, to rocket launcher, to rainbow gun)
7=I'm probably the least consistent with this slot, usually another weapon.
8=Early game, rope, later perhaps a magic tool like the Ice Rod or Rod of Discord.
9=Light Source
0=Magic Mirror

It'd give you the specifics of exactly what I'm using right now but I'm not on the right computer.

1=Melee Weapon
2=Pick
3=Axe (or Hammer if Pick is also an Axe)
4=Tool (whatever I used last) Things like the fishing rod, safe, hammer (if not on #3) and platforms go here.
5=Main Ranged/Magic weapon
6=Heavy weapon (Which could mean anything from Molotovs, to rocket launcher, to rainbow gun)
7=I'm probably the least consistent with this slot, usually another weapon.
8=Early game, rope, later perhaps a magic tool like the Ice Rod or Rod of Discord.
9=Light Source
0=Magic Mirror

It'd give you the specifics of exactly what I'm using right now but I'm not on the right computer.
Neither am I. I memorized the hotbar of my main character. I made the hotbar in the OP using an empty hotbar from the Internet and placing the item sprites on it.

Well OK, I suppose it'd be...
Vampire Knives, Digging Claw, Hammush, ???, Mega Shark, Snipe Rifle, Piranha Gun (?), Rod of Discord, Fairy Bell, Magic Mirror

And yes my main character is specialized in ranged, not magic. It just worked out that way for some reason.

Well OK, I suppose it'd be...
Vampire Knives, Digging Claw, Hammush, ???, Mega Shark, Snipe Rifle, Piranha Gun (?), Rod of Discord, Fairy Bell, Magic Mirror

And yes my main character is specialized in ranged, not magic. It just worked out that way for some reason.
The Megashark? I'd expect that weapon's use to die out in your stage of the game.

Planning to get a Chain Gun but haven't yet. Nothing else really fills the same role. Sometimes you just want to spray tons of bullets.

Planning to get a Chain Gun but haven't yet. Nothing else really fills the same role. Sometimes you just want to spray tons of bullets.
I see the satisfaction in that. I somehow got the coin gun in the mobile version (and not PC.)

terra blade(or best sword i can get), picksaw, torches, paladin's hammer, nothing, magic mirror, nothing, death sickle,(if i can get one) if not, horseman's blade, scourge of the corruptor, megashark.

Hm, well I'm sure many will disapprove of mine as being inefficient and what not but I think you can always be too efficient!
Hotbar.png

I like to keep the three spaces in the middle free so that I can slide the middle mouse wheel and click without repercussions. I need to fidget!

I use the Terrablade to kill pesky enemies when I'm building.

The scythe is useful for enemies through walls and the like.

I use the digging claws for when I rarely dig these days, it's mainly for(de)construction purposes.

I need that hammer on me for my constant building.

The ghost in a bottle light...I can't remember its name...is for light, obviously. I often like to turn this on and off so I can admire the beauty of my creations in their correct light so this is why it's on the hotbar.

The rod of discord, well I use this to get everywhere constantly, I can't remember my Terraria life without it.

The magic mirror I use because I'm always forgetting supplies and need to return quickly.

Whatever weapons I bring along, rope, tools, useless crap I pick up that gets stuck up there.

Slot 1: Primary Melee Weapon
Slot 2: Primary Pickaxe/Pickaxe&Hatchet
Slot 3: Primary Hatchet (Yes, Even if I have something like the HamDrax, I'll still keep a hatchet here)
Slot 4: Primary Hammer
Slot 5: Primary Ranged Weapon
Slot 6: Primary Magic Weapon/Secondary Utility
Slot 7: Secondary Magic Weapon/Primary Utility
Slot 8: Glowsticks/Secondary Building Materials
Slot 9: Torches/Tertiary Building Materials
Slot 0: Primary Building Materials/Tertiary Utility

Utility: Item or Weapon used to help traverse the map easier, Examples include the Ice Rod, Rod of Discord, Umbrella, Bundles of Rope.

1 - Weapon
2 - Weapon
3 - Weapon
4 to 9 - Empty / building items when building.
0 - Fishing Rod

I really hate cluttered hotbars.

1: Sword (True Excalibur)
2: Flail (Dao of Pow)
3: Bow (Titanium Repeater)
4: Gun (Megashark)
5: Magic (Golden Shower)
6: More Magic (Cursed Flames)
7: Boomerang (Stack of 5 Light Disks)
8: Stabbing Weapon (Adamantite Glaive)
9: Healing Item (Greater Healing Potions)
0: Normally my Pick/Drill, but usually ends up being something random.

1. Terra Blade
2. Pickaxe (picksaw or digging claw or spectre pickaxe)
3. Hammer (or hamaxe)
4. Vampire Knives
5. Possessed hatchet or Flairon
6. Golden fishing rod
7. Rod of Discord
8. Rope
9. Honeyed goggles
0. Magic mirror

I'm surprised to see so many people have empty spaces in their hotbar. Doesn't it get really annoying that the game wants to put every usable item you pick up in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom