What exactly is a Snow Flinx?

Jeromy

Headless Horseman
images

I've never been able to decipher what this thing actually is. In-game is rolls similar to a boulder when dropped or knocked back, though it doesn't appear to be much more than that: a two legged white boulder.

Is it a reference to something? Is there more to this image than it initially gives off? Or is it just a creature that was created by to live in perpetual agony, doomed to live as a bipedal blob and roll its whole life?

If i were to guess I'd say it's some sort of sheep I suppose, with a big nose? Or maybe it's a small human-like creature in a coat. I really have no clue, just shooting in the dark.

Any ideas?

I've seen some fanart depicting it as pretty much a furry Mr.Saturn(from the earthbound series). They look pretty similar, aside from the white fur.

upload_2015-8-15_17-45-23.jpeg

I do see it as some two-legged kamikaze sheep, although after staring at that sprite for a few minutes I guess it could also be a giant walking snowball with a big nose. Who knows what the devs were smoking when they created it. :p

Snow Flinxes are big white balls of fluff that you find in the nooks and crannies of rooms when vacuuming. Snow Flinxes in Terraria spawn in underground ice cabins. The developers of Terraria added legs so they could chase you. Just like real life balls of fluff, when struck, they fly across the room and when defeated, they yield nothing useful.

Similarly, handing in a Mutant Flinxfin to the Angler yields nothing useful either.

Pretty sure they're from some Yoshi's Island or Super Mario game... I recall there being a enemy that looked and acted almost exactly like it, but i cant find images of it.

They are clearly snow dwarfs flinx.
Dwarves usually have arms and legs and drink beer and ale with their mouths (fantasy aside, in our world they're small people). :p This thing only has feet and has no visible mouth.
Nice picture though.

Dwarves usually have arms and legs and drink beer and ale with their mouths (fantasy aside, in our world they're small people). :p This thing only has feet and has no visible mouth.
Nice picture though.
I murder them too

Back
Top Bottom