What exactly IS Shimmer, anyways?

(

I don't know, but it could explain the Moon Lord connection.
I don’t know, seems too pretty and benevolent to be associated with Moon Lord. I can’t think of anything but the Hallow, or maybe a more benevolent (lore wise) version of it

Maybe it's the Blood of Cthulhu. Could be a Moana type situation where Cthulhu was a benevolent being but someone drained him of his blood, leaving behind all the parts of Cthulhu and an empty husk, the Moon Lord.

Maybe it's the Blood of Cthulhu. Could be a Moana type situation where Cthulhu was a benevolent being but someone drained him of his blood, leaving behind all the parts of Cthulhu and an empty husk, the Moon Lord.
The official backstory doesn’t paint the squid guy in a good light tho

In a way, the Shimmer feels like it changes many items into their older, or more primordial forms. For example, decrafting items, taking items and empowering them, (IE Clentaminator/Terraformer, RoD/RoH), or bricks or armour into their ancient forms.

I don't know how the Terraformer/RoH/Bottomless Shimmer Bucket being locked behind Moon Lord fits into this explanation, or how this would explain items changing to their counterparts. (Magma Stone/Lava Charm, etc.)

A co-existing explanation to make sense objects turning into Aether counterparts would be them just being infused with Shimmer in an attempt to revert form.

This could also mean that Faelings are the souls of critters, as they revert to their true form when falling into Shimmer.

With NPC's, it turns them into their true forms, like the mechanic as a goblin, or the pirate as a ghost, but feel free to poke as many holes into this theory as you want.

Last edited:
i was going to say this cuz it is highly likely because you get the best things at endgame like the rod of harmony and terraformer
and for the mechanic it reveal her true form same for the pirate cuz you killed him during the invasion

I feel like it has a connection with eol and hollow let me check the lore again wait, what if it is what the dreads use to defeat cthulu the goodness burned him and stuff

Back
Top Bottom