What game has the coolest intro cutscene?

It starts with the Ave Maria song and the camera focuses on the beautiful scenery, with small petals falling down and the camera starts to slowly move downwards to a very dark small cave like place and then the song stops at a beautiful end.

No question. Impossible Mission for Commodore 64.

"Another visitor. Stay a while. Stay forever!"

Nice and short — no waiting around.
Good choice. Did you ever play Hawkeye? It had interactive loading music, and I can still remember being impressed when a synth voice said "Thalamus" at the start.

I would add the Hitman Contracts intro, but since this game in the series is very dark in tone and scary, and has a very dark atmosphere, the intro is VERY SCARY for y'all if you can't handle frightening sounds and imagery, I can handle it because I played this game before.

I mean, it's kind of a series specifically about being a hitman, you know, a person who kills people for money.

I mean, it's kind of a series specifically about being a hitman, you know, a person who kills people for money.
That what Agents do... Kill people for money, and doing their job, but they have a troubled past. Like Agent 47. The intro in Hitman: Blood Money is beautiful as mentioned previous page.

Last edited:
Good choice. Did you ever play Hawkeye? It had interactive loading music, and I can still remember being impressed when a synth voice said "Thalamus" at the start.
Doesn't ring a bell, but I like the interactive idea. Ah, for the 1980s, when people said "video games are dead"!

My personal pick for 'best intro' has to be a toss between the Attract Modes of the Classic Doom games, I. M. Meen, or Kirby Super Star Ultra/Star Allies.

Without counting Terraria (because it's my favorite game) the other best for me it's Broforce. And also, I love all these patriotic musics troughout the game, even not being American or living in the USA. (I'm Brazilian)

Honestly, for me it’s the Hollow Knight intro. Obviously there are objectively better intro cutscenes but this one just hits different. No words are spoken, just some piano chords and the protagonist looking towards Hallownest (the Main area of exploration).
Especially once you complete the game and understand the lore it’s just 😤🤌

Back
Top Bottom