What Gender's the Bosses?

Hormone levels cannot be used to determine the gender of terraria bosses. Female hyenas have testosterone high enough to grow a pseudopeni... uh... lets say male organ, nearly as large as the one of a male. We have no way of knowing if hormones of the bosses are weird like this.
Supposedly, even bigger than a male's.

BoC and EoC are male, since Cthulhu is male, and they are part of his body.
King Slime and Pumpking are male, hence their names.
Queen Bee and Ice Queen are female, hence their names.
These are the only ones I have theories about.

And a woman can't be referred to as master?
formally, no, they cant be, the proper term in this instance would be "mistress", which is the feminine equivalent of "master".

[edit]
lets see, genders that come to mind with bosses;

skeletron; male (referenced by "master"; masculine term)

EoC; neuter/genderless (deific entities rarely have need for gender as proven by their status, gender becomes only part of pleasure)

BoC; same as EoC for the same reason.

EoW; hermaphrodite; (it is well known that worms are are both genders)

king slime: neuter/genderless/male (the only reference we can be sure of with this, is the masculine title, it is difficult to determine the gender of jello.)

skelly prime; neuter/genderless (this is a mechanical construct powered by souls, the body itself is genderless. refer to fantasy games where animating "constructs" is an option.)

desroyer; same as skelly prime.

twins; same as skelly prime.

duke fishron; male; (duke is strictly a masculine title, female would have been "duchess")

as you can see, we can explore many different points of view and opinion. here are just some of mine :)

Last edited:
  • KING Slime - Male - it's in the name.
  • EoC - Male - He is a jerk that pushes you around, also Cthulhu is male.
  • EoW - Male - has multiple muscular segments that push you around.
  • BoC - Female - it's pink, girls like pink.
  • Skeletron - Male - Old MAN is male and he calls him "master"
  • QUEEN Bee - Female - it's in the name.
  • Wof - Both? - he has parts of flesh on him from dead underworld bodies, could be the flesh of men/women who knows who or what they're killing.
  • Twins - Male - I don't really know how to explain this one, so I won't! :3
  • Destroyer - Male - Men like destroying stuff, in the name again.
  • Skeletron Prime - Male - he's Scary, and he could've been used in FnaF, where most of the animatronics are male.
  • Plantera - Female - I always thought that Plantera was female, she's Pink, and when you get her half health she gets extreemly pi***d off
  • Golem - Male - Strong. Period.
  • Mourning wood - Male - Creepy. Period.
  • PumpKING - Male - in the name
  • Everscream - Female - "AHHHHH" sounds like something a female would do
  • Santa-Nk1 - Male - Santa is male. Period.
  • Ice QUEEN - Female - in the name

That's what I think anyway :\

BoC - Female - it's pink, girls like pink.
Sorry too disappoint you, but brains are generally pink. I don't think it would be logical for males to have different coloured brains or for them to paint there brains. And the "iz pink, iz girl" is soo cliché. Some girls don't like pink. Pigs are pink, does that mean they're all female?

Sorry too disappoint you, but brains are generally pink. I don't think it would be logical for males to have different coloured brains or for them to paint there brains. And the "iz pink, iz girl" is soo cliché. Some girls don't like pink. Pigs are pink, does that mean they're all female?
ok I'll restate my answer,
BoC - Male - He pushes you around and he's a jerk

King Slime and Duke Fishron are female, because they are, well, kings and dukes.
Queen Bee is female, because once again, queen.
Plantera has both genders, being a plant.
Eater of Worlds is asexual - it probably reproduces by splitting.
And all other bosses are non-sexual.

It's a brain. No gender.
Brains have a gender. Do you see yourself as a male or a female? OK, that psychological gender is not visible, but it's still there, (but I doubt we could ever ask Cthulhu if he sees himself as a male or a female).
*Re-reads the reply he just wrote* Oh, so you kind of are right. But I'd say it's an indetermined gender.

Brains have a gender. Do you see yourself as a male or a female? OK, that psychological gender is not visible, but it's still there, (but I doubt we could ever ask Cthulhu if he sees himself as a male or a female).
*Re-reads the reply he just wrote* Oh, so you kind of are right. But I'd say it's an indetermined gender.

Ok, let me rephrase this.

It is a horrifying eldritch abomination of flesh and bone. It has no need to identify by genders like lesser beings.

Back
Top Bottom