What Gender's the Bosses?

The King Slime is a boy since the ninja inside him is a boy and he is a king.
The Eye of Cthulhu is a boy since he is the eye of the mythical beast Cthulhu.
The Eater of Worlds is a girl since she lays eggs. (Shadow Orbs)
The Brain of Cthulhu is a boy, he is the brain of Cthulhu.
The Skeletron is a boy, the clothier is a boy and skeletron cursed him right.
The Queen Bee, obviously a girl right.
The Wall of Flesh is a boy since the Guide is slain from the lava in hell and he has to be sacrificed. The WoF is a boy because he is the Guide himself.
The 3 mechanical bosses are robots, no gender.
Plantera is a girl, plant, pink, big -_- . She is a girl.
Golem is kind of a mechanical boss so no gender.
The lunatic cultist is a boy. obviously.
The moon lord is a boy since he is the brother of Cthulhu and he is a spirit.
Duke Fishron, he is named DUKE Fishon, can't get easier than that.
Ocram is a boy, I dunno why I just say it.
Everscreem is a tree, genderless.
Santa-NK1 is a robot, genderless
Ice Queen is the spirit of the ice queen in Narnia, girl
Mourning wood is a tree, genderless.
Pumpking is a king, boy
Flying Dutchman is a piece of wood and crap, genderless.
UFO, c'mon an alien driving a ship, boy/girl we don't know what alien gender that the alien is who is driving the UFO.
The 4 pillars are space dust and rocks colored from the moon lord, genderless.
Dark Mage is a girl, Mage/girl.
Ogre is boy he is an ogre and is fat and has a beard.
Betsy is a girl named dragon, girl.
Lepus is a girl, lays eggs right. Girl.
Turkor the Ungrateful, boy, listen to the name.

That is all the bosses, now you know.

The King Slime is a boy since the ninja inside him is a boy and he is a king. Because you eat a boy doesn't make you a boy. but right on the king though.
The Eye of Cthulhu is a boy since he is the eye of the mythical beast Cthulhu. Eyes can't have a gender
The Eater of Worlds is a girl since she lays eggs. (Shadow Orbs) interesting found, honestly.
The Brain of Cthulhu is a boy, he is the brain of Cthulhu. Brains can't have a gender.
The Skeletron is a boy, the clothier is a boy and skeletron cursed him right. just because you cursed a male doesn't make you a male.
The Queen Bee, obviously a girl right.
The Wall of Flesh is a boy since the Guide is slain from the lava in hell and he has to be sacrificed. The WoF is a boy because he is the Guide himself. Depends on theory.
The 3 mechanical bosses are robots, no gender. They might be Cyborgs of the previous bosses, once again, depending on theory.
Plantera is a girl, plant, pink, big -_- . She is a girl. You should probably look at the plant's genetials instead of looking at the color.
Golem is kind of a mechanical boss so no gender.
The lunatic cultist is a boy. obviously. Is it obviously? Are there any reasons why it couldn't be a girl?
The moon lord is a boy since he is the brother of Cthulhu and he is a spirit.
Duke Fishron, he is named DUKE Fishon, can't get easier than that.
Ocram is a boy, I dunno why I just say it. Likely because it's name reversed makes it Marco.
My comments in yellow.

I see every boss as genderless, except if the gender is obviously stated otherwise.

Like Moon Lord is Male because hes "Moon Lord" not "Moon Lady"
Duke fishron is male, hes "Duke Fishron" not "Duchess Fishron"
Queen Bee is female, shes "Queen Bee" not "King Bee"
King Slime is male, hes "King Slime" not "Queen Slime"

And those are my thoughts.

King Slime - Male/None. He's a King, but it's a slime. Tough call.
Eye of Cthulhu - None. Cthulhu is usually refereed to as male, but individual body parts don't have a gender. (My eye is "it" even though I'm male.)
Eater of Worlds - None. I kind of like the shadow orbs are eggs theory, but it's speculative.
Brain of Cthulhu - None. As Eye, though if any body part has a gender (not sex) it's the brain, so one could argue male.
Queen Bee - Famale. Per title, plus she shoots babies at you.
Skeletron - Male. Called master, looks masculine.
Wall of Flesh - None. Too unearthly to label. Could be male if you really believe the Guide is Wall theory. I also thought of a very naughty argument for female based on the name and symbolic function, but I think I'll leave that to your imagination. I'll stick with none.

The Twins - None. Though perhaps "Unknown" would be more accurate. Despite being a "mechanical boss" they appear to be partly flesh. And unlike the Eye of Cthulhu they sort of seem to have their own identities.
The Destroyer - None. Wholly mechanical, and no other clues.
Skeletron Prime - Male. Just because Skeltron is.
Plantera - Male/Female/Both/None. It's complicated.
Golem - Male/None. Looks, masculine, but also mechanical.
Duke Fishron - Male. Primarily based on title.
Lunatic Cultist - Male. Deep voice.
Moon Lord - Male. Title and appearance.

Mourning Wood - Male/None. Puns aside, it sort of has a masculine face, but it's a tree, so whatever.
Pumpking - Male. Mainly on the title.
Everscream - None. Another tree. Minimal anthropoid features.
Santa-NK1 Male/None. It's a robot, but clearly a mockery of Santa Claus.
Ice Queen - Female. Title and Appearance.
Flying Dutchman - None. Just a vehicle. But ships are traditionally referred to as female, so that's certainly acceptable too.
Martian Saucer - None. Another vehicle.
Celestial Pillars - None. Or unknown at best. Too alien.
Dark Mage - ???. Probably has a gender but I can't make much out from the sprite.
Ogre - Male. Clearly looks male.
Betsy - Female. Based on name.
Mothron (not officially a boss) - Female. Lays eggs. Inspiration Mothra is also female.

Last edited:
King Slime: Genderless. Slimes lack the complexity of other organisms, so they lack gender. It's called "King Slime" simply because it sounds cool.
Eye of Cthulhu: Genderless.
Eater of Worlds: Genderless. Regular burrowing worms are hermaphrodite. Considering that the Corruption doesn't changes this, the Eater of Worlds could have both genders, and change them when it deems fit.
Brain of Cthulhu: Genderless. Or maybe female, if the brain of Cthulhu is the "Crimother" of the "Crimson".
Queen Bee: Female, obviously.
Skeletron: Male. For some reason, fiction skeletons are usually given gender in media.
Wall of Flesh: Genderless.
All mechanical bosses: Genderless. Cyborgs do not have gender.
Plantera: Female. She could also be genderless hermaphrodite like the Eater of Worlds, but seeing how this is a giant bulb plant that, it seems likely it has more female traits when it comes to plant reproduction. After all, not every plant is hermaphrodite. By Plantera's sprite, I cannot see if it has stamen or pistils (The reproductive organs of a plant), but she certainly has something.
Golem: Genderless. It's just a construct. Even if it had giant breasts, I would still call it genderless because it is not a real living being.
Duke Fishron: Male.
Lunatic Cultist: Male.
Moon Lord: Genderless.

Mourning Wood: Genderless. Hermaphrodite.
Pumpking: Male.
Everscream: Genderless. Hermaphrodite.
Santa-NK1: Genderless. It's a robot.
Ice Queen: Female.
Flying Dutchman: Genderless. It's being controlled by pirates, not an actual living being.
Martian Saucer: Genderless. It's being controlled by martians, not an actual living being.

Dark Mage: Male.
Ogre: Male.
Betsy: Female.

Lepus: Female. Someone else in this thread mentioned it already.
Turkor the Ungrateful: It varies. It depends on the gender of the stuffed turkey used to make Turkor. So could either be male or female.
Ocram: Genderless.

I think that everone is overlooking something
WHAT IF THE ICE QUEEN WAS A CROSSDRESSER *Shocked gasp from other people*

I think that everone is overlooking something
WHAT IF THE ICE QUEEN WAS A CROSSDRESSER *Shocked gasp from other people*
Yep, already been mentioned.

You know how people like to give their cars names and call it a "she" i think the same sort of logic can apply to the flying Dutchman so it's a she at least in the eyes (well eye) of the captain.

You know how people like to give their cars names and call it a "she" i think the same sort of logic can apply to the flying Dutchman so it's a she at least in the eyes (well eye) of the captain.
Calling ships "she" is a long tradition, and it seems the Flying Dutchman is no exception despite her manly name. (Some quotes here.) So you definitely have a good point there.

.King Slime:Male by Name, but in theory, is assexual
.Eye of Cthulu:Assexual
.Eater of Worlds:Worms are hermaphrodite
.Brain of Cthulu:Undefined
.Queen bee:Female
.Skeletron:Undefined
.Wall of Flesh:Undefined
.Three Mechanical bosses:Assexual
.Plantera:Female
.Golem Assexual
.Duke fishrom:Male
.Lunatic Cultist:Are masked, and have clothes, that don't are perceptive your sexuality
.Moon Lord:Undefined
.Mournig Wood and everscrean:hermaphrodite
.Santa NK1:Assexual
.Pumpking Male by Name, undefined by theory
.Ice queen:Female

Back
Top Bottom