Resolved What happened to my Journey mode world?

BDS

Steampunker
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
1589811479707.png

This is what my world looks like on the menu. It used to say Journey mode yesterday. I go to bed, wake up to this, and immediately die inside because of the work that I put into this world. I'm not a builder, but what I built (My 2 towns) I was very proud of, but I guess I cannot play it because my character:
1589811595661.png

Does not say "Unknow {What ever}". So I had to make this:
1589811654635.png

Because whenever I try to get onto the world with my Journey mode character, it says this:
1589811696572.png

So let's see if we can join with our new character:sigh::
1589811957134.png

5/18/2020 7:24:56 AM
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Resource size must be greater than zero.
Parameter name: width
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.ValidateCreationParameters(ProfileCapabilities profile, Int32 width, Int32 height, SurfaceFormat format, Boolean mipMap)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CreateTexture(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, UInt32 usage, _D3DPOOL pool, SurfaceFormat format)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, SurfaceFormat format)
at Terraria.GameContent.Liquid.LiquidRenderer.SetWaveMaskData(Texture2D& texture)
at Terraria.GameContent.Shaders.WaterShaderData.StepLiquids()
at Terraria.GameContent.Shaders.WaterShaderData.PreDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
This was my 4th attempt at trying to get this screenshot because it crashes RIGHT after it gives the error. I don't know how this happened, why it happened, or how to fix it.
I really hope that there is an explanation/fix to this issue because I would hate to have to lose the world data.
(If any screenshot is too small or you need more information, just ask)

It sounds like you've manage to corrupt your world file - did you quit the game without saving and exiting properly?

I did what I normally do:
Esc > Settings > Save and Exit
I don't know what could have caused the world to get corrupted...

There might be one thing though. During a couple of times that Launched Terraria, TML was opened to, but it didn't do anything so I closed it.
In-game it was still vanilla so this probably didn't have anything to do with it, but I thought I should mention it.

Edit: Refresh page to see crash logs at the end

I don't know why it would. When I went onto the game, the menu still looked the same and there was no sign that TML even opened. I downloaded it from steam as the DLC, opened Terraria, then opened TML, nothing happened, did it the other way around, nothing happened, did it only with TML, still, nothing happened. So I closed TML and then went onto Terraria

Sorry for the double post but:
I am going to try and use TEDit to copy the world file and but .wld at the end. Hopefully this works, if it doesn', then I don't know what to do.

Sorry for the double post but:
I am going to try and use TEDit to copy the world file and but .wld at the end. Hopefully this works, if it doesn', then I don't know what to do.
TEdit is not compatible with 1.4 - using third part tools voids your elgibility for support so it's best to avoid doing so.

Okay, sorry.
They made a beta version, but apparently they didn't get any farther in updating then I am getting in trying to recover my world file.

Current TML from any source is not compatible with 1.4 yet, and neither is TEdit.

I didn't make the world using TML. So if that is, for some odd reason, why my world is corrupted, then so be it. Thanks for the help. Guess I have another world to make :sigh:

Had this happen to me yesterday; I was using tModLoader prior to 1.4

I'm thinking I should uninstall and start with a clean copy?

I just made a new world, and I haven't touched TML in steam, so I am hoping that this doesn't happen again, because I have just made a build/town that I like EVEN MORE than the last, and if this save gets corrupted I am going to be really... REALLY... mad...

Tbh I'm a terrible builder and what I think is cool is probably bad, easy, and boring:
Capture 2020-05-18 10_32_48.png

This is my starter town for the forest, Idk what I have to do to get the town night music to play. I thought all you needed was the Pylon and 2 NPCs but I just get the nighttime music.

Last edited:
Okay, Day 2 of rebuilding from my other world, here is what I have:
Capture 2020-05-19 06_02_08.png

^^^This one is my favorite
Capture 2020-05-19 06_05_42.png

^^^I didn't do a really good job with this one... Low detail, kinda boring.
Capture 2020-05-19 06_11_58.png

^^^It looks nice... 'course it could be better.

Suggestions for which town I should build next? (Snow, jungle, or ocean.) Also suggestions for decor for the 2nd picture.

(Also someone can close this thread unless it still useful. This bug seems to be common-ish and I don't think it has anything to do with TML)

Attachments

• Capture 2020-05-19 06_03_16.png
    Capture 2020-05-19 06_03_16.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Capture 2020-05-19 06_04_57.png
    Capture 2020-05-19 06_04_57.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 75
Okay, Day 2 of rebuilding from my other world, here is what I have:
View attachment 271797
^^^This one is my favorite
View attachment 271801
^^^I didn't do a really good job with this one... Low detail, kinda boring.
View attachment 271808
^^^It looks nice... 'course it could be better.

Suggestions for which town I should build next? (Snow, jungle, or ocean.) Also suggestions for decor for the 2nd picture.

(Also someone can close this thread unless it still useful. This bug seems to be common-ish and I don't think it has anything to do with TML)
Hi,
First of all, your town looks great!
Secondly, as this is no longer really about the bug, would you mind making a thread in the builds section (In-Game Creations & Screenshots) to show it off? This section is pretty busy at the moment with all the new 1.4 bugs so we're trying to keep it nice and tidy. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: BDS
Okay sorry...

(Also btw, for the 1-2 months of being on the forums...
1589894800862.png

Your the first one to react to anyone of my posts xD)

Back
Top Bottom