Votes: 4 80.0%
  • nae

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZemmySix

Retinazer
I knew what I was going to do.I had lived a life ,a miserable life, fearing the underground depths and the monstrosities that lurked there.The reason I was going down to the depths was not by choice.My brother Pluto was gravely ill he had been bitten by a zombie and now we needed the elusive blinkroot to cure him of his ills.

I readied my weapons and healing potions as I did not know how long I was going to be in the reaches of the earth.
"Goodbye Pluto ,the nurse will look after you,"I said .
"Make haste Mercury,"Pluto said weakly",for I am getting worse by the day."
I picked up my bag and went to the surface mine.The soldier who was guarding the mine gave me a worried look and said that some would not bid it wise to go down there.I ignored him as I needed to save Pluto.I stepped into the horizontal shaft and immediately I felt scared.

I crept silently along the wooden walkway which squeaked and rattled at each step.Then suddenly I jumped as I had sworn that I saw some move in the cavern.There was a particularly loud screech and the entire platform gave way beneath my feet.I screamed as I fell in to the abyss.

When I woke up I was covered in cobwebs and there was a clicking sound like someone or something was talking.The clicking got louder and louder until I saw the glowing red eyes of a giant spider.I panicked and swung my silver sword which had no effect.It lunged at me but I managed to stab it on its underside.It made a horrific screech and clicked its fangs calling for help.The cavern was filled with the noises of spiders scuttling across the walls.I was in trouble I ran slicing my way through the walls of cobwebs trying to escape.My sword fell from my hand as a stalatite crashed down from the jagged ceiling.With my hands I pushed through the cobwebs until I felt a wooden door.To my relief it wasn't locked so I heaved it open and slammed it behind me.Once I had regained my breath I looked around.It was amazing!It had walls made of wood and there was a broken chandelier and piano as well as...Three dwarfs!
"Hello what are you called,"I screamed in my excitement.
"First answer our question,what is your business in the mines?"one grunted.
"The books always said they were a stubborn bunch,"I muttered.
"What!"screamed another.
"Nothing,my name is Mercury and my business is to find a rare blinkroot to save my
sick brother,Pluto,"I replied calmly.
"Okay we will help you my name is Kartogan and these are my brothers Carn and Mileo,"said the now relaxed Kartogan.
"Before we leave you must rest you look exhausted,"Carn informed me.

Mileo shook me awake and said it was time to leave.He was completely kitted out in mithril gear which was rare for even the richest of lords on the surface.As I stretched and stood up I realised that the other two dwarfs were coated in a pink and a red armour respectively.We left the house through the back door and walked along a torch lit walkway which was beutiful as the stone walls were carved to look like great people from times long gone.At the end of the tunnel Carn roughly pushed me against one of the walls and said in a scared voice that there may be creatures in our tunnels.We continued into the not-so-well-lit caverns in which immediately a giant bat squeaked and hovered above Kartogan shimmering from side to side.Kartogan to out a red warhammer ,which matched his armour, and smashed it down onto the bat.
"Nasty things,those,"roared Kartogan as he put away his warhammer,"try to confuse you."

We eventually reached the dreaded mushroom caverns where the dwarfs said there would be blinkroot but it was instead in the hands of the mushroom king,Amanita, and his fungi guards.We walked along the glowing blue floor towards the throne.The place was even more amazing than the dwarves base it had lanterns attached to the roof by some kind of cobwebs silk,it had pillars carved of natural stone reaching up to the magnificent ceiling which in turn looked like the nights sky.Carn stepped forward and told the king what we needed.He shook his large mushroom-shaped head and pointed towards us which meant the guards were to lead us out.Suddenly I exploded into rage as I had come all this way for nothing.I took out my silver sword.The king laughed.Suddenly I remembered the vile powder I had stolen from the alchemists` lab to turn my bunny purple.I took some out of my bag and threw it on the area around me.The area turned evil.The king gasped and chucked over one of his blinkroot.Now I had to go and I used my magic mirror.I rushed over through the ferns and grass hoping that my brother was human.

He wasn't.The arms dealer had a flintlock pistol in his hand and my now zombified brother lay dead on the floor.It was a tragic day.

The End

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom