Sprites What if every fragment had a weapon for each type?

Which is your favorite

• Solar Ones

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Vortex Ones

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Nebula Ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stardust Ones

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • All of them

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • None of them

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
Answer: HEAVY. GRIND.
This suggestion does not need to exist. I barely consider it a suggestion, but instead more of an idea that I have no want to make into the game, I just want the community to speculate on it.
First, let's classify what we already have into weapon types:
1581323437807.png
Solar Eruption: Flail. Why isn't it a launched flail already? Its sprited as such, and is used similarly, so I see no point.
1581323513638.png
Daybreak: Spear. Same reasoning as Solar Eruption, except, it will stay a projectile, so as to not hurt its ungodly DPS.
1581323612650.png
1581323571384.png
Nebula weapons: Both remain other. Too complicated to subtype.

All these weapons have the red rarity.

Let's stop for a moment.
I'm a lazy little :red:.
I'm porting over the Star Wrath, recoloring it, and removing it from the Moon Lord lootpool.
Melee already has two insane moon lord weapons, its not exactly fair :p
And I'm nerfing it, obviously;)

Supernova.png

Supernova
Damage: 95 (sword) 190 (projectile)
Knockback: 5.5
Critical chance: 4%
Use time: 18
Velocity: 10
Extra updates: 1
Tooltip:
"Strike like a supernova!"
Rarity: Red
Sells 9
1581324685983.png

Crafted from 12 Solar Fragments.
Projectil.png

I even recolored the projectile! Look at all that SHINE!
Another port over from this thread
Exactly the same, just with a cleaned-up sprite and some balancing
Prominence.png

Damage: 151
Knockback: 6
Critical Chance: 5%
Use time: 15
Velocity: 17
Tooltip:
"The spinning death fire wheel."
Sells 8
1581324685983.png
1581325167229.png

Crafted with 6 Solar Fragments at an Ancient Manipulator
Its blades spin, giving a larger radius of damage than others. The radius is 1.5 the size of the yoyo.
Now one that is compLEtely original! A chakram!
Sunlight.png

Can be thrown five times in succession
Damage: 87
Knockback: 7
Use time: 12
Tooltip:
"#glowup"
Sells 6
1581324685983.png

Ported over.
Vortex Bombr.png

Uses rockets for ammo
Damage: 76
Knockback: 3
Tooltip:
"Stolen from a Vortexian."
Sold for 10
1581324685983.png

Crafted from 12 Vortex Fragments
Rockets launched are charged with vortex energy, and right clicking will shoot the rocket in the opposite direction. The rocket will not damage you.

Universal.png

Consumes 3 gel per click
Each click releases 8-15 streams of vortexian flame, which inflicts a new debuff called Vortexed.
Vortexed: -4 hp/sec. The damage doubles per sec, capping at 100 DPS. Moving will increase that cap by 15 for every 5 tiles moved.
Uses Gel for ammo
Damage: 52
Knockback: 0.5
Use time: 20
Crafted from 12 Vortex Fragments
Tooltip:
"This is Universal."
Sells 13
1581324685983.png
Darts suck.

Nebula Scepter.png

Damage: 81
Knockback: 1
Mana: 18 (each pulse is 6 mana)
Velocity: 20
Use time: 13
Crafted from 10 Nebula Fragments.
Tooltip:
"Think of a bigger stick!"
Blasts a white pulse, which, after traveling five tiles, will split into three homing pulses - orange, pink and blue.
The orange one deals 75% of the damage, and heals the player by 30% damage dealt.
The pin one deals 125% of the damage, and has 300% knockback.
The blue one deals 80% the damage, and is half as mana intesive.

Nebula's Birth.png

Spell Tome
Damage: 70
Mana: 18
Use time: 20
Velocity: 22
Tooltip:
"Did you know nebulas are space clouds?"
Crafted from 8 Nebula Fragments.
Another nimbus rod. It can stay in one spot normally, but right clicking will allow the cloud to follow after enemies for the cost of 10 mana for each enemy killed.

Nebulazer.png

Damage: 85
Knockback: 4
Mana: 4
Use time: 8
Velocity: 14
Tooltip:
"Don't listen to Dubstep, OK?"
Charges for two seconds, then releases a huge, thick beam of purple energy, which only stops when hit by a block. It follows the cursor. It lasts till your mana has finished. Right clicking will shoot smaller lasers instead, using mana normally, and corresponding with the use time.

Before you say I stole this, this suggestion was in work long before Face monster's was posted. Bear with me please
Stardust Twinkler.png
Stardust Popper.png

Stardust Twinkler Rod
Summon type: Sentry
Damage: 56
Fire rate: 15
Summons a small Twinkle Popper, which blasts stardust energy balls that home in on enemies.

Attachments

• 1581325803722.png
    1581325803722.png
    511 bytes · Views: 175
Last edited:
Oh, well I didn't expect you to respond that soon. Guess I'll just post the feedback separately, then.

First, let's classify what we already have into weapon types:
View attachment 235656Solar Eruption: Flail. Why isn't it a launched flail already? Its sprited as such, and is used similarly, so I see no point.
View attachment 235658Daybreak: Spear. Same reasoning as Solar Eruption, except, it will stay a projectile, so as to not hurt its ungodly DPS.
View attachment 235660View attachment 235659Nebula weapons: Both remain other. Too complicated to subtype.
Okay, yes. I see no problem here.
All these weapons have the red rarity.
That was definitely not necessary.
Let's stop for a moment.
I'm a lazy little :red:.
I'm porting over the Star Wrath, recoloring it, and removing it from the Moon Lord lootpool.
Melee already has two insane moon lord weapons, its not exactly fair :p
And I'm nerfing it, obviously;)

View attachment 235661
Supernova
Damage: 98 (sword) 196 (projectile)
Knockback: 5.5
Inflicts View attachment 235669Daybroken for 2 seconds
Crafted from 12 Solar Fragments.
View attachment 235664

I even sprited the projectile! Look at all that SHINE!
...Bold move. Not completely opposed to it, either, except you didn't :red:ing nerf it because the sword and its projectiles are slightly faster alongside the minimal damage reduction. The latter of which is completely negated, by the way, by the introduction of Daybroken, which now adds an extra 100 DPS per stack.
Also, I don't think changing a sprite's color qualifies as "spriting"; that's what we call a "recolor".
Another port over from this thread.
Exactly the same, just with a cleaned-up sprite and some balancing
View attachment 235666
Damage: 151
Its blades spin, giving a larger radius of damage than others. The radius is 1.5 the size of the yoyo.
Maybe it's just me, but this yo-yo seems like it could deal with crowds much better than the Terrarian could. I assume the blades pierce?
I like the blade idea, at any rate.
Now one that is compLEtely original! A chakram!
View attachment 235670
Check out J Bame's suggestion on making all boomerangs worth crafting! (so you'll have a reason to craft this one)
Suddenly, a link to J Bame's suggestion? Come on, man, at least pretend you put some effort into this weapon. You call this thing "completely original", but then proceed to give it no special traits and instead leave the actual work to be indirectly done for you by someone else's suggestion. Boomerang stacking is an inherently-flawed mechanic in this game, which is part of the point that J Bame was trying to get across.
View attachment 235671
Rockets launched are charged with vortex energy, which, when exploded, summons a small vortex, that's a Nebula Arcanum projectile.
Well this idea seems vaguely familiar. Good thing the name's generic or we'd have a lawsuit on our hands! (Not really.)
View attachment 235672
Consumes 3 gel per click
Each click releases 8-15 streams of vortexian flame, which inflicts the Bry-ccentric version of On Fire
Alright, espera, HOLD ON. Who the :red: let you do that? You can't just do that, man; you gotta give a proper credit, at LEAST. You just made me sound like some sort-a brand name, the way you phrased that.
Your balance sense is also off, since that debuff's garbage late-game anyways. Not to mention, I have that suggestion on my "To Revise" list, which means it's currently not up to my standard, which means using it is an especially bad idea.
Not sure why you even went the On Fire route when you could've done something much cooler.
View attachment 235673
Blasts a three pulses in succession, randomizing the order - orange, pink and blue.
The orange one deals 75% of the damage, and heals the player by 50% damage dealt.
The purple one deals 125% of the damage, and has 300% knockback.
The blue one deals 80% the damage, homes in on the enemy, and is half as mana intesive.
Okay, you literally just told us how much damage and mana this thing's gonna cost, and then immediately told us it's not gonna deal that much damage, nor will it use that much mana. The purple (or pink; seems you forgot to change that) pulse is probably gonna keep the healy one from hitting when it comes to enemies that take knockback, which I suppose is fair, because that pulse heals a LOT of health.
I'm gonna be frank with ya: I'm not entirely sure how useful those clouds are in endgame, especially seeing as you've made 0 changes to the formula.
View attachment 235676
Tooltip: "Don't listen to Dubstep, OK?"
That... seems like a reference to another suggestion, which isn't bad, except that that seems to be its only redeemin' quality, since you didn't explain SQUAT. What's it DO???
Before you say I stole this, this suggestion was in work long before Face monster's was posted. Bear with me please
View attachment 235677View attachment 235678
Summons a small Twinkle Popper, which blasts stardust energy balls that home in on enemies.
I mean, I already beat you both to the punch years ago. Not like it's a high-hanging fruit, anyways.
I like that this take on the Popper Staff is less accurate to the actual enemy, but is a lot better for airborne enemies. All those Twinkles can really do is hop.

All my feedback sums up to "you have interesting concepts, but poor (if any) execution, save for a few exceptions."​

This is uh
Stardust Twinkler.png
Stardust Popper.png

Stardust Twinkler Rod
Summon type: Sentry
Damage: 56
Fire rate: 15
So (tell me if you're adding or replaceing weapons.) the summoner is unique but its hard and also pretty painful if you're saying to add it okay but
we need some whips!

Back
Top Bottom